Kanger Protank 2 coil problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phinz

Oct 9, 2013
Wisconsin
Hey all,

So for christmas I got a Protank 2 from my sister. Before I had just used iClear 30's. I really love the protank 2, but both of the coils they sent with the tank stopped working after I changed juices. The first one I cleaned and dry burned, but it didn't work once I filled it up with a different juice. So I used one flavor with the second one for about a week now and just topped off the tank. Tonight I finally ran out of the flavor so I had to switch. Didn't clean it this time just emptied the tank and refilled. Once again it wont fire. Anyone have any ideas on what might be causing this or possible solutions.

ECURiley

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2013
Greenville, NC, USA
stopped working? how are they not working, like they do not fire? or you dont get any airflow? Need a little more description to help you out. if they dont fire you might want to look at the pin at the bottom of the coil head, pull it out a little and they screw it into the base plate then onto your device, should work fine. if it is airflow check your device or the vents on the protank to make sure they are not clogged

Mrs C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2013
Indiana
Non means either a bad connection or the coil is shorted. Try Unscrewing the base make sure the coil is screwed in snugly . They can work loose. While you have it apart make sure you have not mashed in the positive post on the bottom to far. If the gromet is bulging use your fingernail to back that post out just a smige to unbulge the grommet. Clean any juice out of your conecter on your MVP then try it again. Do you have another device you can try it on?

Crawl

Dec 13, 2013
Rochester, NY
Sounds like the coil isn't coming into contact with the firing pin. I am a noob and by no means am trying to sound like a pro.. But its happened to me on my MVP and my spinner.. For some reason my coil has backed itself out of the base of my minipt2.. Unscrew the top leaving the base with coil attached to ur mvp..check to c if the coil is screwed in all the way..if not hand tighten it down.if it is idk sorry

****dang took me 5min to write that and MrsC beat me to it*****

Last edited:

peepeejay

Verified Member
Jan 4, 2014
Sugar Land, TX, USA
Hey all,

So for christmas I got a Protank 2 from my sister. Before I had just used iClear 30's. I really love the protank 2, but both of the coils they sent with the tank stopped working after I changed juices. The first one I cleaned and dry burned, but it didn't work once I filled it up with a different juice. So I used one flavor with the second one for about a week now and just topped off the tank. Tonight I finally ran out of the flavor so I had to switch. Didn't clean it this time just emptied the tank and refilled. Once again it wont fire. Anyone have any ideas on what might be causing this or possible solutions.

This may sound obvious, but check to see if you screwed the coil in correctly. Sometimes if it doesn't fire it's because the coil doesn't come into contact with your mod.

BigFatDan

ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Suffield, CT
Remove your Pro Tank from the your ecig. Look at the threading. If it appears to have a small amount of nicquid on it, then follow these steps:

1. Clean the contact on your ecig (where you screw your Pro Tank in)

2. Unscrew the base and unscrew the coil head. This part - imgur: the simple image sharer -- may be saturated in nicquid. If it is, simply take a napkin or paper towel and wipe it all off.

3. Blow through the piped end to remove most of the nicquid off the coil.

4. Clean it off again.

5. Try it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread