Kanger Protank 2 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

username1970

May 14, 2012
USA
I got this thing and I thought it was great. It's well made, nice glass and metal..It's siolid

BUT, when I took it apart and washed it the little rubber grommet would not seat properly as I tightened it. If I tighten it too much it bulges inwards and doesn't create the seal it's supposed to.

I even tried. Thankfully, I'm using a slightly smarter batter these days so it told me it was "shorted". I tried it without the rubber grommet thingy and it tells me it's "Low resistance" - it's like 0.05 ohms now.

How can I make this thing work?

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
I got this thing and I thought it was great. It's well made, nice glass and metal..It's siolid

BUT, when I took it apart and washed it the little rubber grommet would not seat properly as I tightened it. If I tighten it too much it bulges inwards and doesn't create the seal it's supposed to.

I even tried. Thankfully, I'm using a slightly smarter batter these days so it told me it was "shorted". I tried it without the rubber grommet thingy and it tells me it's "Low resistance" - it's like 0.05 ohms now.

How can I make this thing work?

The coil head is NOT intended for you to disassemble.

Replace tge coil head with a new one and don't disassemble the next one.

username1970

May 14, 2012
USA
The thing is,I liked the protank 2 somuch I bought 6 replacement coils. I don't think that's the problem.

There are even youtube videos taking it apart to clean it just like I did but apparently they didn't have the same problem.

The thing that is so frustrating to me about vaping is you just have to cast such a wide net in hopes of finding something acceptable. So, I finally found an okay battery, but I just ordered 4 different tanks in the hopes that one of them isn't a complete waste of money.

glointhedark

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
Antelope, CA, USA
You may be able to get replacement Orings for the Protank. I know that when we first started using Protank 2 Minis, several vendors were selling replacement Orings for the Protank 2 and the Protank 2 Mini. If nowhere else, try FastTech.

Have you tried changing the coil, as suggested above? My daughter and I have been using Kanger Single Coils for a couple of years now, and, while we have not had a huge problem with dud coils, it does happen. Genuine Kanger single coils are fairly inexpensive. Our budget does not allow for replacing hardware on a regular basis, and I would rather get genuine Kanger coils than take a chance on a clone that may or may not work properly with what we have.

My personal preference, at this point, is the Kanger Evod Glass with Kanger single or dual coils. It is a glass tank, like the Protank 2, but has metal around the glass that helps to protect it a bit when dropped. My daughter just treated herself to a Nautilus Mini tank, and she is loving it. She has noticed that she is having fewer problems with flooding and gunked up coils than she had with the Evod Glass, and her coils seem to be lasting a bit longer before needing to be changed.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
The thing that is so frustrating to me about vaping is you just have to cast such a wide net in hopes of finding something acceptable. So, I finally found an okay battery, but I just ordered 4 different tanks in the hopes that one of them isn't a complete waste of money.

In fairness, we could have told you a few negative things about the Protank 2. Some people use/like them, but quite often they have airflow bases and rebuild the heads.
It gained a reasonable reputation (a long time ago) but there must have been thousands of posts about issues.

If vapers want to use plug and play (I do most of the time) you want something that just works. There were many models from many of the vaping companies that were (and are still) 'work in progress' technology.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread