Kanger protank - disappointed.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtdewfreak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2013
Texas
it's early, early monday and the protank with evod head is still hitting great !!!

admittedly i have been vaping with my ibtanked setup also and haven't hit the protank as hard as i was previously, but it's going strong.

i will keep at it. so far, i am impressed with the evod head in the protank. can't imagine a huge difference, but i guess there could be.

physical size is def different...

no rubber hits thus far :2cool:

rswift90

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Rochester, NY
Dropped my protank that was on my ego twist in a parking lot. Was sitting on my lap, went to get out of my car and the thing flew 3 feet and rolled a few more. My heart dropped and I swear my partner said I looked green, but after 5 min of inspection and testing, not even a scratch ! 5 days later no issues have surfaced. Guess I was lucky and this Pyrex is solid!

Last edited:

S1LV3R

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2009
Knoxville, TN
Dropped my protank that was on my ego twist in a parking lot. Was sitting on my lap, went to get out of my car and the thing flew 3 feet and rolled a few more. My heart dropped and I swear my partner said I looked green, but after 5 min of inspection and testing, not even a scratch ! 5 days later no issues have surfaced. Guess I was lucky and this Pyrex is solid!

You lucked out on that one!!! the only weakness i see on them is the threads. The tank is rock solid. I busted mine off doing the same thing you did after owning it 4 days. Needless to say it sucked!!! i would recommend getting a couple extra bases just to be safe. Backups for Backups!!

Heezyfosheezy

Verified Member
Jul 9, 2013
United States

Lol thing happened to me and my Protank survived with out any scratches, I was pretty impressed = )

mtdewfreak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2013
Texas
it's early, early monday and the protank with evod head is still hitting great !!!

admittedly i have been vaping with my ibtanked setup also and haven't hit the protank as hard as i was previously, but it's going strong.

i will keep at it. so far, i am impressed with the evod head in the protank. can't imagine a huge difference, but i guess there could be.

physical size is def different...

no rubber hits thus far :2cool:

ok, so far i am pleased with the evod heads in the protank.

still hitting strong and clean. no rubber or burn. i'm prolly on my 4th refill now. if it holds out much longer it will be out performing every protank head i tried.

fingers crossed cuz i really love the look and feel of the protank. now if i can just keep it working correctly.

and i hope i can because i just got a blue and a pink protank that had been backordered. now that i own 3, i need the evod heads to keep working.

Coppercustomz

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2012
NC Coast
www.numbejuice.com
Haven't used my carto tanks in about a month since I really started using the protanks more & more, For me the flavor is better than a carto tank & it is soooooo fast to add a new coil head & refill:D almost to easy!! Carto's take more of my time & I cant stand a rebuildable genesis just way to much hassle:2c:

Carla Sebrina Spahos

ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2013
Oklahoma
After reading through these postings I went to my local B&M about 20 mins ago, bought a 5-pack of Evod heads and stuck one in my Protank. It works like a charm and much better than my ghetto method of scotch tape. The flavor and throat hit are also much improved, along with the draw. Couldn't be happier now with the Protank.

roasted

ECF Veteran
May 22, 2013
USA
Not sure if this will be raining on anybody's parade, but...

Replacement Atomizer Head for Kanger Protank, Kanger Protank - II and Kanger EVOD

This atomizer head is NOT interchangeable with Screw Tank, Vision Ego Clearomizer V2.0, Kanger T3's or any other rebuildable tanks.

Please Note:
Kanger has discontinued the EVOD Atomizer Head (short stem). The Kanger Protank and Kanger EVOD now share the same atomizer head (long stem). They are interchangeable.

So if I'm reading this right... everybody loves EVOD heads in their Protank... yet Kanger discontinued the EVOD heads in favor of the EVOD itself and Protank using Protank heads...

Atomizer Head for Kanger Protank & EVOD

mtdewfreak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2013
Texas
Not sure if this will be raining on anybody's parade, but...

Replacement Atomizer Head for Kanger Protank, Kanger Protank - II and Kanger EVOD

This atomizer head is NOT interchangeable with Screw Tank, Vision Ego Clearomizer V2.0, Kanger T3's or any other rebuildable tanks.

Please Note:
Kanger has discontinued the EVOD Atomizer Head (short stem). The Kanger Protank and Kanger EVOD now share the same atomizer head (long stem). They are interchangeable.

So if I'm reading this right... everybody loves EVOD heads in their Protank... yet Kanger discontinued the EVOD heads in favor of the EVOD itself and Protank using Protank heads...

Atomizer Head for Kanger Protank & EVOD

well that's dumb as hell if they did that.

roasted

ECF Veteran
May 22, 2013
USA
well that's dumb as hell if they did that.

At first I was thinking it wasn't a bad idea, until I realized it was the EVOD head that was being discontinued and not the Protank head. Now they ended the one thing that a lot of Protank users have held onto as a necessity for using their Protank.

I intend to give the Protank another chance. Last I used mine all I was getting was burnt tastes, even with fresh juice, cleanings, etc. The only thing left to do is to leave it in vodka overnight and see how that works, but the more times I strike out, the more interest I lose as I keep thinking "but my Vivi Nova does such a damn good job." I can put in a new head, fill it, and press that magic button and know what I'll be getting. Sure, I have to twirl it now and then, but at least it doesn't feel like russian roulette. But like I said, I intend to give the Protank another chance. Perhaps I'll land on the empty chamber for once. ;)

mtdewfreak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2013
Texas

roasted

ECF Veteran
May 22, 2013
USA
i'm gonna re-wick my protanks, evods and t3's...

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/clearomizers/377470-installing-cotton-you-kanger-t3s.html

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...k-my-t3s-cheesecloth-pictues.html#post8763906

i think that will help, but i still believe in the short stemmed evod head for the protank...

What exactly is different with the head of the EVOD vs Protank? If it's just the stem, I have to ask - how on earth does stem length translate to air draw?

EDIT - On another note, some references on these forums and other forums seem to indicate that the newly redesigned heads that are made for EVOD/Protank alike seem to be a little less airy in the draw... makes me wonder if Kanger actually morphed the good of the EVOD and Protank head into one and utilized that as the primary head instead of maintaining two products with different strengths. Hmm... this is sounding more logical (assuming what I am hearing is correct).

Last edited:

roasted

ECF Veteran
May 22, 2013
USA
i don't understand the physics of it, nor do i understand if the coil/wicks are the same in the two. what i do understand is the short stemmed evod heads worked better for me.

I ordered a 5 pack of the 'new' heads. I'm going to give them a test drive in my Protank and see if there's much difference. Based on my reading, it sounds like what happened is the EVOD head was discontinued, while the Protank head was altered to be more of a middle-ground between the original EVOD and the original Protank head, and then utilized for both units. We'll see how this pans out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread