Not open for further replies.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
The mini ProTank 2 without their base will screw onto the air flow controllers for regular sized PT2's as well as the PT2's standard bases. Shorter and stair step look. Screw on an extension ring adapter and you can use the Aspire Replacement BVC's (non-nautilus) for both regular and mini PT2's. :)

I do the same for my reg. sized and mini Davides.
Got the "extension rings" from KidneyPuncher.....BDC to Protank Adapter Grommets. They still sell them. :)
Thank you!

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
No noticeable ramp-up difference.....

I was contemplating 30g, but I don't think I will go there. My kanthal is 30g, and I normally wrap 7-8 wraps and lands me about 1.5 ohms. I'm hoping I can find maybe one kind of wire I like and not have 10 different spools :lol:
29 gauge 1.8 to 2mm i.d 10 wraps contact coil ( comes out to about 1.8 ohms ), is the sweet spot for me on the pt2 coil. ymmv

long thread but very informative :

Protank MicroCoil Discussion!!

Dr.No.

Jul 18, 2013
in front of a PC
used one for 3+ years
great tank
I used it with 1100mAh+ ego batteries with 1,8ohm coils
only failed me when it needed a full cleaning job or when I let it fly down the stairs or across the street a few time to many.(new glass is cheap to buy)
I would also recommend the airflow controller to avoid battery flooding.
keep the treads clean with an old stiff toothbrush and evt. a drop isopropanol for good connection to your battery
get enough batteries and keep them charged

20150626_221108_20150626221541032_20150626222900913.jpg

enjoy

Maiar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2014
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
Don't think I ever had a protank leak on me, 2's or 3's. They are a damn fine piece of equipment even if they are older. I quit cigarettes because of protank 2's. But any mod that regulates well would work. I didn't even use watts back then, right around 3.8V is perfect on 1.8ohm coils. So anything other than a 20w istick.

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Yeppers, same Kanthal and wraps here. Do you think 30 g. SS with same wraps get you to approx. 1.5 ohms? :)

Don't know for sure. I have tried plugging into Steam-Engine, and I just can't seem to get the results from a real wrap. I've tried playing with the leg length component, but it's "testy" to me.

I wrapped another last night (for today's use). 28g SS316L/8 wraps/1/16" ID/Cotton Ball wick (I know, Rayon-dudes, I know.... :lol: ) Rings in right around 0.9Ω.

Took my first puff, and the flavors came screaming out at me. True test would be a side-by-side with a kanthal coil. Now, would I wrap to the same resistance (I have 28g Kanthal as well....) Or, would I do my typical 8 wraps and let the resistance fall where it may? Same juice, same power..... Hmmmmmmm I'll have to check that out!

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Way to go, Dinger! :) Thank you for posting your results for us on the SS316L. My fish aren't n'er as interesting. Ha! Is there a reason why you chose the SS316L over the 430?

Fasttech. I threw it on an order I had in place at the time, and FT doesn't have the 430. Unkamen has 430, and a lot of people stand by that. If I get really gung-ho with the SS wire, I'll probably get it from Unkamen in the future :)

subwayaznm

A Geek with a Cool slice
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2016
USA
Kanger Pro Tank II huh , a regulated mod that can handle up to 10 to 12 watts would work well .
I fully agree with herb on his suggestion. Buy a reasonable box mid: i.e. Sigelei mini, or a iStick 20 for around $30 and you're set and off on your Vaping journey.
I purchased a few of them never had a problem with leaks but the Heads are hit and miss. A Aspire Tank would have served you better.

choochoogranny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2013
chattanooga, tn, usa
Yes, Enaud, they insert into the chimney. However, I've gotten away with not using them because I always have my vaporizer sitting upright.

Because those teeny, tiny white grommets are easily lost, I've also used the silicone cuplike grommet that is used on the Protank coils. Just slide it over the chimeny end. In a pinch? Improvise! Ha! :)

Reactions: ENAUD

Vaslovik

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
I bought a kanger protank II off the internet but I wanna know whats a good box mod or mech mod to go with it.

Ummmm... I wouldn't put it on a mech if I were you. I did that with my Protank when I was starting out, and I went through coils like there was no tomorrow. I ended up getting an RBA in short order, which, as it turns out, was the right thing to do in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread