Status
Not open for further replies.

Bosman

Mar 3, 2011
Edmonton, AB
I have been using ProTank for two days now and I like it. Having used Vivi Nova previously, I do agree ProTank's draw is very light, almost too light. Right away I have removed one wick - I was getting dry hits at 80PG/20VG liquid @4V with 2.6 Ohm coil resistance.
My personal complaints on the tank so far:
- I am experiencing leaking when down to a about 15% capacity. I know it sounds strange, but I think it has to do with the fact liquid gets very warm and starts to thin
- I seem to get a small stream of liquid flowing out of the air shaft after refilling to full capacity

Other than that, works great, looks absolutely fabulous, flavour very much comparable with Vivi but same liquid does taste different between the two tanks.

aheatedatom

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2013
San Francisco
I got 2 of these yesterday, one is leaking like crazy from the bottom, I tried a new coil wick but same problem. The other unit works perfect. Has anyone else had this problem??
Suggestions anyone:confused:

Open it up, and make sure the coil itself is screwed down tightly into the threading of the base (the flat part with the screw I Mean). If not, it will leak.

Fazed

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2011
Lexington, Kentucky
I am expecting one of these also, as soon as it gets out of customs I guess. So I had the same question. What do you use for replacement heads?

I've already had one "pop". I plan on just rebuilding these. My understanding though, is that replacements are coming soon and they appear to be pretty inexpensive. That's nice.

Fazed

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2011
Lexington, Kentucky
On the left is the Protank head, on the right is the eVod head (removed from the ego skirt portion).

Not quite the same but does work just fine. Although, I can see a potential for gurgling/leaking problems with the shorter air tube.

**EDIT for update**

The air tubes from the Protank can be pressed into the eVod head making them essentially identical. I'm using one right now with a silica/mesh hybrid wick, and so far so good. Will update if it leaks or gurgles.

u2a3esez.jpg

Last edited:

aheatedatom

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2013
San Francisco
On the left is the Protank head, on the right is the eVod head (removed from the ego skirt portion).

I'm using one right now with a silica/mesh hybrid wick, and so far so good. Will update if it leaks or gurgles.

Evod head worked fine for me too (without swapping the top tube even.)

You mentioned you didn't like the flavor on the stock wick, did you like it better with the mesh?

Fazed

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2011
Lexington, Kentucky
Evod head worked fine for me too (without swapping the top tube even.)

You mentioned you didn't like the flavor on the stock wick, did you like it better with the mesh?

Not really. I think it is more the airyness of the draw than the wick material... I'll keep playing with it.

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
I've been using mine for over a week now and it is working perfect and has replaced my Vivi Novas, Vapeonly BCC and my innokin i30. Mine has worked great right out of the box and is the tank I've been waiting for. I still use the Evod with my ego type PVs but the Protank will be my main vape hopefully from now on.:)

Crocky

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2013
North Carolina
I added a silicone ring to the bottom of the protank. Not sure if I should have or not as I don't know how much airflow if any it allows. Makes for a much tighter draw though which I like and it is oretty quiet now so it does not sound like I have a rattle snake right beside me either which is a plus. I was on the verge of tossing this thing out the window. The taste for me is no better than my vivi Nova though so that is a little disappointing. I did take one of the wicks out and not sure if that made the favor more muted. I probably should have tried it before I took a wick out first.
Anyway...
Here is what I did
0adc6c0c16ef489ddcb7a153bfe99e8b.jpg

got it from some tops I ordered an di just cut the long connector off and used the ring
b273cd470ddc175fb0a2c56cddf102d3.jpg

Honestly I am a bit disappointed but ONLY because it sound alike a lawn mower when all I really want is some silence while I enjoy my evening vape :D

Crocky

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2013
North Carolina
I added a silicone ring to the bottom of the protank. Not sure if I should have or not as I don't know how much airflow if any it allows. Makes for a much tighter draw though which I like and it is oretty quiet now so it does not sound like I have a rattle snake right beside me either which is a plus. I was on the verge of tossing this thing out the window. The taste for me is no better than my vivi Nova though so that is a little disappointing. I did take one of the wicks out and not sure if that made the favor more muted. I probably should have tried it before I took a wick out first.
Anyway...
Here is what I did
0adc6c0c16ef489ddcb7a153bfe99e8b.jpg

got it from some tops I ordered an di just cut the long connector off and used the ring
b273cd470ddc175fb0a2c56cddf102d3.jpg

Honestly I am a bit disappointed but ONLY because it sound alike a lawn mower when all I really want is some silence while I enjoy my evening vape :D

So is it safe for me to do this and cover up the air flow? When I have it like this I like it so much better but wanted to make sure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread