Kanger ProTank Replacement Head going bad too soon !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teach

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
Florida
Question:

I buy on the regular basis these replacement heads,but they don't seem to last long,usually 2-3 weeks,when I go to vape on my E_Mech Transformers says " OPEN" and nothing happens.:nah:

Why this happens so often ? Doesn't even lasts 30 days.

Thanks

I'm lucky if I get three weeks out of any replacement head...

There are so many variables involved it would be hard to compare with any other history but your own. Voltage/wattage, juice composition, number of MLs, individual vaping habits - have any changed? Even with RBAs frequency of cleaning can change so it might be easiest to look at your juices (PG/VG%/FLavoring) and how many MLs you're putting through each head to get a more accurate read on longevity.

mcclintock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    I usually will change out a head for flavor or output before then, and I'm spreading the load between several tanks at the very least. I actually wondered if the question was sarcasm.

That it goes open is more interesting. I've seen them suddenly go to one coil wrap only, very hot, which then pops. I can only guess the coil lead comes loose.

Currently I'm replacing coils by rebuilding the heads using Fasttech's NR-R-NR pre-welded coil assemblies, 7 cents each + effort (getting faster). Rewicked with cotton. The new Kanger organic cotton SOCCs aren't done right.

VapingTurtle

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 26, 2011
    The Reef just off the Florida coast
    That it goes open is more interesting. I've seen them suddenly go to one coil wrap only, very hot, which then pops. I can only guess the coil lead comes loose.
    Or the pin on either the mod or the atty's head got pushed up. Clean and gently pry up the pins.

mattiem

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    I don't think there is a factory coil head out there anywhere that will last 30 days. They might if everything is working perfectly and you are only vaping a few mls of unflavored juice a day. I am lucky to get a week out of one before it is time to replace and/or rebuild.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 16, 2015
    elsewhere
    I don't think there is a factory coil head out there anywhere that will last 30 days. They might if everything is working perfectly and you are only vaping a few mls of unflavored juice a day. I am lucky to get a week out of one before it is time to replace and/or rebuild.
    I just rewick with cotton about once a week.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 16, 2015
    elsewhere
    Actually I have found that letting a clearo sit with juice in it for a few weeks will pretty much plug up the wick.
    I did have about 10 with various flavors in them. Now I just keep about 4 at a time with juice in them.
    I run thru about 6 ml/day in a T3 with my current ADV. About 3 apiece in my other 2 that I usually have going.

Reactions: stevegmu
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread