Kanger T2 CC Clearomizer review

Status
Not open for further replies.

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
Is the first version with silicone cup called a T2 also? I ordered a couple of these and they are identical to my T2 I got from DV except they have the silicone cup and short wicks. They are 3.99 ea with free shipping an replacement coils are 6.60 for five if you use the 5% off coupon. eGo 2.4ml CC Coil Changeable clear cartomizer clearomizer

richham3

ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2010
Taylor, Michigan
Well, I've fallen out of love with the Kanger T2.
I love the warmth and vapor, when it's working well.
However, I've had too many inconsistent hits (dry, burned, not wicking well/fast enough) and broken two mouth pieces in a week or so.
If you tighten them just a little too much, or after several refills it seems, the plastic separates at the seem.
And since I can't buy extras, I'm forced to keep buying new tanks.

So, any suggestions for a tank of similar size with similar performance (warmth/vapor wise) with a little better build quality and more consistent vapor production?
Perhaps I should move to cartomizer tanks, I just haven't found one that works as good a cartmoizer by itself.

Edit: BTW, I was using the short wick w/cup heads. Are the long wicks working better?

Here's a link to the new heads. I've replaced all of mine with the new ones and have no cracks or leaks after 3 days of constant use.
Kanger T2 Improved Mouthpiece - $0.99 : Stormys Vapor Cellar, Electronic Cigarettes & More

artbyshan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2012
Chattanooga, TN

Ratman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2012
Tulsa OK
I have been using the V2 version the last week or so. The V2 is the ones with the improved mouthpiece. A couple notes, first, wash the wick and the unit thoroughly with water and vodka before using to prevent funny taste on startup. Second, buy extra wicks and caps. I bought six of them and one of the six had bad threads. It's a lot cheaper to grab a couple extra mouthpieces with your order than have to reorder them separately. Lastly, they get better with use. Flavor was good to start with as long as I gave the wicks a good vodka soak first. However, I found that I could not run mine at anything over 3.5v or I would get a burnt taste. I can now run them at 3.8-3.9v so they have gotten better as time goes by. Other users have reported them being fine at 4v right out of the gate so ymmv. I got the the 2.4-2.6ohm heads. Vapingme.com has them for 4.99 and the heads for .99 and free shipping over 25 bucks and a 10% ecf discount.

I am not affiliated with him or anyone else but he has best prices I have seen and I got my order in two days. Bad thing is he doesn't have replacement mouthpieces. Stormys is the only place I have seen for those.

Overall I am happy with them as I feel they have better flavor, more capacity and easier to fill than the stardusts v3 i have tried.

niterider

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2012
State College, PA

CDnerds

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2012
NJ
I have been using the V2 version the last week or so. The V2 is the ones with the improved mouthpiece. A couple notes, first, wash the wick and the unit thoroughly with water and vodka before using to prevent funny taste on startup. Second, buy extra wicks and caps. I bought six of them and one of the six had bad threads. It's a lot cheaper to grab a couple extra mouthpieces with your order than have to reorder them separately. Lastly, they get better with use. Flavor was good to start with as long as I gave the wicks a good vodka soak first. However, I found that I could not run mine at anything over 3.5v or I would get a burnt taste. I can now run them at 3.8-3.9v so they have gotten better as time goes by. Other users have reported them being fine at 4v right out of the gate so ymmv. I got the the 2.4-2.6ohm heads. Vapingme.com has them for 4.99 and the heads for .99 and free shipping over 25 bucks and a 10% ecf discount.

I am not affiliated with him or anyone else but he has best prices I have seen and I got my order in two days. Bad thing is he doesn't have replacement mouthpieces. Stormys is the only place I have seen for those.

Overall I am happy with them as I feel they have better flavor, more capacity and easier to fill than the stardusts v3 i have tried.

The new heads are compatible with the T2 body that used the shorter wicks right? Ughh all these versions and styles!! lol

rmerriett

ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
Wisconsin
I also have the Altsmoke ones now for about two days. Works great when I hold it up while vaping, or at a slight upward angle and take light hits. I do get quite a few harsh hits. I'm using the 1.8ohm heads with both the ego twist and the KGO's. I tend to get many more harsh hits at anything above 4v. the KGo's 3.7v seems just right. If I put a finger over one of the air holes it seems to vape better to, as it slows/stiffens the air flow. I may try permanently plugging one, I prefer a stiffer draw anyway. I'll consider these if i can figure out how to make them consistently not give harsh hits. I also slightly moved the rubber cover on the head away from the coil, although I think the drip tip pushes it back down. may try trimming off a bit of the bottom. I'll update how it goes.

Lstav2

May 17, 2011
Cleveland, OH
I've been using these for a couple of weeks and haven't been overly impressed compared to the E1 Revives (except that the T2's have sturdier bases & tubes, as well as screw-in atomizers). With the improved mouthpiece I haven't had any cracking. I have the short-wick version and have been getting a lot of dry hits. Additionally, there's been a fair amount of gurgling/leaking.

Two days ago I took a small screwdriver & tightened the screw "under the skirt" - 4 half-turns (12 o'clock to 6 o'clock). So far no leaking or gurgling. I think it also tightened up the draw a tiny bit. It's working well (dry hits aside, I'll try the long wicks next time) so I haven't monkeyed with it further. FYI...

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
The new heads are compatible with the T2 body that used the shorter wicks right? Ughh all these versions and styles!! lol

I have both and the only visual difference is the version one with short wicks has a silicone cup at the top to hold the juice around the wick. I took mine off because it seems to vape better without it. Otherwise they are identical and interchageable.:)
Mine are working very good and I like them better than the Vision 2 cc and the Revive E-1 or E-3.

Last edited:

b00stzx3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2009
Frederick, MD
I've had mine about a week (short thread) and recently have problems with it leaking both out of the bottom hole where it threads into the connector and the vent holes. Today it stopped working altogether. I'm using 5v Box from Madvapes with an adapter. Guess my thread/head went bad? I have some spare 510 attys for dripping.

CDnerds

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2012
NJ

How is the airflow on these (im still waiting on mine). I noticed with Stardusts style they can be a tight draw if the ego is flush with the cartomizer. I have a bunch of ego batteries but one battery is just slightly narrower then the stardust and offers a better intake of air. I see there are holes punched on the bottom of these.

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
How is the airflow on these (im still waiting on mine). I noticed with Stardusts style they can be a tight draw if the ego is flush with the cartomizer. I have a bunch of ego batteries but one battery is just slightly narrower then the stardust and offers a better intake of air. I see there are holes punched on the bottom of these.

The draw is a little stiffer on my egos than on my mods with an adapter but not near as stiff as the stardust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread