The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Kanger T2 CC Clearomizer review

Discussion in 'Cartomizer Reviews' started by jeffreys, Jul 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Ratman

Ratman Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 10, 2012
    Tulsa OK
    I tried trimming about 2mm off the bottom and it caused some leaking issues for me. I may have trimmed too much. Might try notching the bottom of the rubber cover over the wicks first. Just a suggestion

2. txtumbleweed

txtumbleweed Resting In Peace ECF Veteran

Dec 7, 2009
    Walla Walla
    I thought I popped a coil on mine earlier because it just stopped working and was reading open on my ohm readout on my PV so I changed out the coil head and it was fine. It turned out not to be a bad coil but that the coilhead had loosened up from unscrewing the cap. :)
    I also have been removing the silicone cup that is used to hold the juice for the short wick heads. It seems to vape better without it. The newer ones with longer wicks don't have that cup but are identical otherwise. I just have to tilt it more often to make sure plenty of juice is on the wicks.

3. txtumbleweed

Dec 7, 2009
    Walla Walla
    Just remove the silicone cup it is just for holding juice for the wick. The new ones don't have that cup but are identical otherwise.

4. Lstav2

Lstav2 Full Member

May 17, 2011
    Cleveland, OH
    Hey Tumbleweed, thanks for the tip. Removing the cup really seems to have eliminated dry hits. What would we do without these forums? Stumble around in the dark until we tripped over something, probably...

5. txtumbleweed

Dec 7, 2009
    Walla Walla
    Glad it worked for you too. I just tried it today trying to help a friend was having a problem with dry hits. I've been using the newer version but had a couple of the older ones too so I thought I would try it.:)

6. rmerriett

rmerriett Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 17, 2010
    Wisconsin
    o.k. today I put a little piece of electrical tape over one of the air holes. For me it's working much better. If you don't like stiff draws it probably won't work for you, but for some reason I'm getting a lot less dry hits. I still get one if I chain vape, but otherwise it seems to be working as it should. I didn't mention before, but the ones i got from Altsmoke are the long wicks. Drip tip gets hot if I chain vape also. I probably deserve it though :p

7. txtumbleweed

Dec 7, 2009
    Walla Walla
    If someone just wants to try one or two you can get them at wordup for 4.00 with free shipping. They have the new mouthpiece but short wicks. They will have the longer wicks in the LR coil heads next week. Their replaceable coil heads are 6.50 for five if you use the 5% code ECig. They don't call them Kanger T2 but they are.
    eGo 2.4ml CC Coil Changeable clear cartomizer clearomizer
    :)

8. CDnerds

CDnerds Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 9, 2012
    NJ
    Im really liking these right now.. very very very impressed.. makes a stardust look like a blucig.

I dont know why they got rid of the juice catch in the newer head models.. it seems to be a great idea and works great.

9. txtumbleweed

Dec 7, 2009
    Walla Walla
    If you like the ones with the silicone catch cup Wordup still has them in three different ohm values for 6.50 for five with free shipping if you use the 5% off code Ecig.
    5pc Coil unit for ChangableCoil clear cartomizer

10. richham3

richham3 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aug 5, 2010
    Taylor, Michigan
    GoodProphets still sells the short wick version with the cup under the wick also.
    eGo 2.4ml CC CE4 Clearomizer

11. rsi1986

rsi1986 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 3, 2011
    Knoxville, TN
    I've had mine for a couple days now, and haven't had much luck with them. I've been getting dry hits, and a plastic flavor. Today I cleaned the wicks with alcohol, fluffed the wicks, and dry burnt the coil. They seem to be working good now. Hopefully the keep working good, because I like this design.

12. scarf-ace

scarf-ace Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

I quite like mine (I have the short wick version). I'm one of the people who found the draw of the Stardusts too stiff, to the extent that I stopped using them. They also, I felt, distorted the flavour of some juices beyond recognition. Kangers give a medium draw and the flavour is good--I've been vaping Copper Creek House Blend in them. I'm waiting for a domestic vendor to get the long-wick heads in stock. I've only had minor seepage, hardly enough to be called a true leak. (And I'm a veteran of the Vision Stone tank and the C8 clearomizer, so I know leaks.:glare:) These will make a nice and attractive change from my usual clear DCCs.

13. Cuando

Cuando Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Lots of good advice and science in this thread regarding the Kanger T2s. I absolutely love these guys, and have been having a lot of luck with them.

However, one of mine has started leaking from the air holes at the base of the unit. I will get some gurgle, and in no time it's leaking. I have tried not screwing it on so tight, but it still does it.

On closer inspection, I realized the post on the inside, the part that makes connection with the battery, is slotted for a screwdriver, it would appear. And where that bit meets the bottom cap of the clearo, there is a rubber grommet. I tried screwing the post down, but it only spins. This leads me to believe that this is where I'm getting leakage, as looking at my other T2s, the rubber grommet is flush with the post (it almost looks like one uniform piece). My leaky T2, the grommet flares out, like it's being or has been squished out of alignment.

Anybody notice this as well, or have a fix or maybe an idea for a fix? It's really the only drawback to these that I see so far. I haven't had any come apart, except for one tip that just came apart. I will toy with this one more when it's empty, and will report back here, just thought I'd drop a post to see if anyone else had looked into this.

14. mhyquel

mhyquel Full Member Verified Member

Jul 12, 2012
    UK
    Thanks for the review.

15. melloyello

melloyello Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 21, 2011
    usa
    are you sure it is leaking from the air holes? mine leaked where the plastic meets the base.... i wiggled the tube off, put some superglue on the base and pushed it back on. no leaks this past week.

16. txtumbleweed

Dec 7, 2009
    Walla Walla
    I had to glue one of my Version 1's too.

17. Doppelganger

Doppelganger Full Member Verified Member

Aug 28, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    Been loving the T2 Kanger since I got it on Friday...but as of today its starting to taste funky/dry/burnt....is 3 days (heavy vaping) a normal amount of time for the atty to be replaced in?? That would get real expensive real fast! Gonna try cleaning/switching it out tonight and see if that helps

18. quisp65

quisp65 Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 6, 2012
    San Diego
    I've had two of them that I have been rotating for a little over a month and I've gone through one replacement innard for each one. I'm just starting to get frequent leaking from the bottom. I like them a lot otherwise. It seems to be in relation to getting gurgly and fluid collecting on the batter post. I'm not certain where the leak is coming from. I unscrew it off and blow it out and it fixes it for a while but the problem comes back at about 1/4 -1/3rd of more tank usage. I've tried tightening it down in multiple areas and don't seem to be fixing it. I want these things to last much longer than a month otherwise replacement innards has little use :-(

19. txtumbleweed

Dec 7, 2009
    Walla Walla
    Wash it out and dryburn the coil and it should be good as new.

20. niterider

niterider Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 7, 2012
    State College, PA

Pretty much this for me as well. I'm wondering if we are tightening the heads on too hard causing the middle post to come up and squeeze that grommet. I too am getting some leaking in that middle post after a few drags. It results in a harsh taste. Unscrewing it from my X2, I notice a little juice coming out of that post. I few quick blows from the mouth piece makes it work again but only for a few more drags. It's pretty irritating. Would love a fix for this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.