Kanger T2 CC Clearomizer review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
When I was looking for a clearomizer and for info on these T2s, I couldn't find anything except a video review that looked like it was coming from an affiliate. So I thought I'd throw a review up since I have nothing to gain, not an affiliate, not a supplier etc. and others might be looking for an unbiased source. (and my favorite unbiased reviewer, PBusardo, hasn't gotten to these yet.)

First, I'll never go back to cartomizers - I always misjudge them and either overfill or burn the suckers. I will likely try a tank system at some point though.

Now I'm on day 3 with this T2 clearomizer and I couldn't be happier. It doesn't leak except for one time I didn't screw the top on completely. Vapor and taste are the best I've had so far, although my experience is pretty limited. Basic stats: It fits on an Ego connection. Holds 2.4ml. Single coil and 1.8ohm. I'm using it with a KGO. It's got two tiny little wicks that wick great. I do make a small effort to swirl juice around and make sure they stay wet. Haven't had a single dry hit.

Negatives: You won't easily get 2.4ml in it unless you're using a syringe. When you unscrew the top, the coil/head will partly unscrew along with the mouthpiece. Result of that was a really tough draw until I tightened the head back up. Also, you can't use your own drip tip with it.

Verdict. Thumbs up. Now if say I'm gonna vape my face off, I can actually do it :vapor:

Couple final things. Quick price comparison with the vision changeable-coil clearos. 1 T2 = $6. 1 CC vision = $7. Five coils for the t2 = $8. Five coils for V3(?) CC vision = $20.

Hope that's useful.

I'm extremely happy with the T2. I haven't washed it yet, but it's the best vape for eGo batts, and I've tried EVERYTHING!!! Vivis, Stardust, carto tanks... I don't mind refilling during the day, carrying a small bottle of juice with me is no big deal. My beloved CE3 have taken second place to this! I want two more soon!!!

Isa

Mar 21, 2011
Netherlands
I started using the T2 CC (short wicks) only two days ago after hearing so many good things about it. I liked it much better than the Stardust (better taste, easy filling and bigger tank), but only after one day, the taste became burnt, I was getting dry hits and the vape and mouthpiece became very hot. I've tried dry burning it, cleaning it and then I noticed that the rubber cap on the coil was coming off and was really sweaty on the inside. I've just removed the cap and now after a few dry hits, the burnt taste is much less, but it's no where near what it should be for a new clearomizer. Seems that from reading the reviews here that this a common problem. A shame, because I was really happy with it, but now I'm not sure if this is the one for me.......

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I started using the T2 CC (short wicks) only two days ago after hearing so many good things about it. I liked it much better than the Stardust (better taste, easy filling and bigger tank), but only after one day, the taste became burnt, I was getting dry hits and the vape and mouthpiece became very hot. I've tried dry burning it, cleaning it and then I noticed that the rubber cap on the coil was coming off and was really sweaty on the inside. I've just removed the cap and now after a few dry hits, the burnt taste is much less, but it's no where near what it should be for a new clearomizer. Seems that from reading the reviews here that this a common problem. A shame, because I was really happy with it, but now I'm not sure if this is the one for me.......

Does it have the cup? or just the long(er) wicks? When refilling, pull the silicone sleeve up a little, and as you screw the cap on it sits more naturally. The dry hits will reduce. Also, are you tipping it enough? And how much VG is in your juice?

Isa

Mar 21, 2011
Netherlands
Thank you for your reply!

Sorry I don't know what the cup is, I have only removed the silicone sleeve on top. I vape DK tab which is 100 % PG. What do you mean by tipping? I roll it around now and then so the wicks remain moist.
The taste remains terrible and burnt, I've put it away.
I don't know what happened, it was 2 days fine and then the juice started to change color and tasted really bad, I felt sick from it.
I will go back to using the Stardust, too bad cause I had high hopes, but it turns out just a waste of money......

richham3

ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2010
Taylor, Michigan
Thank you for your reply!

Sorry I don't know what the cup is, I have only removed the silicone sleeve on top. I vape DK tab which is 100 % PG. What do you mean by tipping? I roll it around now and then so the wicks remain moist.
The taste remains terrible and burnt, I've put it away.
I don't know what happened, it was 2 days fine and then the juice started to change color and tasted really bad, I felt sick from it.
I will go back to using the Stardust, too bad cause I had high hopes, but it turns out just a waste of money......
The short wick heads have a silicon cup under the wicks plus the sleeve at the top. Adjusting the bottom cup slightly away from the wicks will allow more juice to get to the wicks if you are getting dry or burned hits.

Moonwalker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2012
Belgrade, Serbia
I'm satisfied user of T2 since the first day it appeared on HG, so I/m using it for 4 months now (if I didn't count something wrong). It is absolutely my no.1 vaping choice in the cheap/industry made ato/clearo/cartomiser.

It had it's flaws in the begining, now they fixed everything. Only thing I don't like is going to long wick coils, without leaving short ones as choice.

About problem with burnt tast - it is common for the 1.8 omh coils. The specs say "+-0.2omh", so it can easily happen that you end up with 1.6 coil (maybe even lower). So my cup of tea are 2.2 coils and I don't have any problems.

Also, one of the problems is that a wast number of vapers don't know relation between omh and voltage they use. You can not go 3.8-4 volts with 1.8 clearomiser, even if it is accurate.

dennis_j

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Austin, Minnesota, United States
kanger T2, is a great carto,if you use common ohms law, i have found, useing 2.4 ohm best vape under 3.7 vlots even 3.3 on spinner mod,these are the only carto that I have found to work well with out using a vv mod. have gotten burnt taste even at 3.3 vlots , must keep wicks wet, keep tipping upside down will stop most burnt taste, IMO these work as well as the vivi nova at lower voltages

Schnarph

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
Dripping Springs, TX
The T2 is the first and so far the only clearomizer I have used so far, so I can't make any comparisons to others. All I can say for sure, is my personal experience with my current setup. It beats my cartomizers and carto w/driptip by far. I am using a classic Ego 1000mah battery with 510 to Ego adapter to get this T2 to work, which it does. I haven't checked my batteries with a multimeter, I assume they are putting out something a bit under 4 volts (3.7ish?). The manual with these batteries says it makes 4.2 volts, but I doubt that. I am using replacement 2.5ohm coils on the T2 with short wicks. I don't see any "cup" inside, so I probably have the one of the later revisions, or most likely a knockoff. I always kept the wicks wet by tipping it every couple of drags. It worked very well for a week of solid use without cleaning, but after 2 more days of using a VERY dark chocolaty 60/40 PG/VG mix, I clogged and/or burnt the wick. I removed the coil unit, rinsed the tank and mouthpiece in very hot water a few times and let it dry for a few hours near a fan. The coil looked fine but the wicks were burnt in the center.
I decided to go for broke, put a new coil unit on once the tank looked totally dry, filled the tank and waited a few minutes. I screwed it back on the battery with adapter, and it's like new. "Like new" to me means that I get more vapor than I know what to do with and no burnt taste. No sign of leakage out of either end so far, leaving it in any position. I should also mention that I don't chainvape more than 4 or 5 pulls, and my drags are about 4 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread