Kanger T2, long wick vs short wick

Status
Not open for further replies.

hippieben

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2012
Sarasota, FL
What's the difference, I have the short wick version right now, but I seem to only be able to find one vendor that carries replacement short wick tops, and they're out of stock. I hope they'll get more, because I like them and the rubber cup design. Are there any advantages of the LW version over he SW version?

CDnerds

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2012
NJ
What's the difference, I have the short wick version right now, but I seem to only be able to find one vendor that carries replacement short wick tops, and they're out of stock. I hope they'll get more, because I like them and the rubber cup design. Are there any advantages of the LW version over he SW version?

Im a big fan of the short wicks because they come with the juice catch around them. The long wicks are supposed to be an upgrade to the short wicks but im not seeing a huge difference. The short wicks also seem to be much less expensive. I see people charger 2.00 per head for the long wicks.

Right now Ivape.net is out.. I found them here...

5 pc Coil Head for Kanger "T2" Type eGo Clearomizer

They are 7.99 a pack vs the 5.99 a pack but if you need them.. there they are.

hippieben

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2012
Sarasota, FL
Im a big fan of the short wicks because they come with the juice catch around them. The long wicks are supposed to be an upgrade to the short wicks but im not seeing a huge difference. The short wicks also seem to be much less expensive. I see people charger 2.00 per head for the long wicks.

Right now Ivape.net is out.. I found them here...

5 pc Coil Head for Kanger "T2" Type eGo Clearomizer

They are 7.99 a pack vs the 5.99 a pack but if you need them.. there they are.

Cool, thanks; I'll add that to my bookmarks. I'm just worried about sites not updating their picture, but changing their stock to the long version, that cup is key.

hippieben

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2012
Sarasota, FL
A little follow up; I like the short wick heads much better. The long wicks give me tons of dry hits. The long wick heads do work very well if you cut the wicks so they're just long enough to stick out and touch the sides of the tube. You won't have the bottom cup that the short wick heads have, but if you tip every time you'll be golden. I have 7 or so more long wick heads that I'll cut when I use them, and a 5 pack of short wicks on the way. I'll probably end up taking the bottom cup off the short wick heads when they die and pop them on my trimmed long wicks.

So now you have Medium wicks...lol. Are you still using the catch cup with them.
I removed that flavor wick and these things have no taste. I installed my own long wick so it reaches the bottom of the tank.
I have since went back to my rebuildable today and the wife is still using these T2's atm.

JUDGMENT AFFIRMED

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2012
BELLE VERNON PA.
Another follow up. I like the long wicks trimmed down and fluffed much better than the short wicks. I cut them so they stick out and touch the sides of the tank.

HI hippieben, ok, which is it now?
Seriously, i started out loving the kanger t2 short wick with cup, then took it out to clean and installed a replacement head with long wicks. I moved the cup to the long wick head, no good, flooding. Then i decided to trim wicks like the original head but i just didn't like it and took it off for cleaning also.......maybe primer fluid or something. Maybe tommorow i will be vaping the original again, i really liked the short wick one with the cup.

JA, I liked the original w/ cup also in the beginning.
Now I'm happy with the long wicks and no cup.
The new heads really need a serious cleaning before use.
No cleaning=worse dry hits ever.
I nuke a coffee cup of water in the microwave, remove rubber seal and the loose flavor wick, then drop it in.
I will also fluff & beat up the wicks prior to the soak also. Remove head and dry; then reinstall flavor wick and top seal.
I didn't get any dry hits and it produced clouds of vapor.
I'm still not crazy about top coils as I think they all mute flavor to some degree. It's a give/take relationship...lol.

JUDGMENT AFFIRMED

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2012
BELLE VERNON PA.
Thanks skelley, I kind of thought thats what it was. I'll try the next head as is after cleaning and see how that is. I'm vaping the short wick again and really like it. After 40 years of smoking I'm not that concerned with perfect flavor........heck, i'm diy my juice at 18 to 25% to even get any flavor and even then i couldn't tell you what flavor it was.

I got my T2's from VaporAlley and they came in individual sealed bubble pack. No box or anything that said Kanger.
The extra heads were in a 5 pk foil and the black box looked identical to the boxes on Kangers site.
I only tried 1 CE4 from Microcig, I didn't care for it either. It's put up in the 'Zombie Apocalypse' box for emergency use....lol.
I really like the flavor of Betterlife's bottom coil CE3's, just looking for a changeable coil system that delivers.
I'm gonna try the Vivi Novas next, so we shall see how they compare to the T2's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread