Kanger Toptank nano leaking. Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calla lily

Verified Member
Nov 28, 2013
Florida
Yesterday I got a Kanger Subvod with a Toptank nano. Filled it up and after a couple hits, it started leaking out the airholes, gurgling, spitting. So I took it apart, set the coil aside, cleaned and dried everything, put it back together. I had just filled it at first so thought maybe something wasn't tightened. But nope, same thing after a couple hits. Changed the coil with extras I bought. The coil that came with it had two holes and a narrower top. The extra set has three holes and the top is the same width as the body. Checked to make sure the o-rings all look good, and they do. So again with the new coil, same leaking. You can hear the juice just gurgling away when I fire it. I've tried this several times with everything finger tight and finger tight plus a little. I'm not sure what to do, or if this thing is just crap.

I'm not a new vapor, been vaping a couple years. I've built coils (Kayfun and drippers) but all 1.5 ohm or higher to work on the batteries I have. I returned to the egos I started with for the ease. But all my old stuff is starting to well, get old and not work so great anymore. The Subvod seamed like an easy way to try some sub-ohm as I really don't feel like building and adjusting. But it is completely unusable unless I can figure out what's wrong.

Calla lily

Verified Member
Nov 28, 2013
Florida
I've tried filling it up from the top and bottom during my failed attempts. My husband (doesn't vape) suggested I not tighten everything up so tight, just barely finger tight. The small gasket on the top ring is slightly misshapen and he thought compressing it too much would be bad. So I did that and filled from the bottom, to the bar. I realized that I shouldn't fill to the top of the chimney since the coil goes over the chimney instead of inside it like I'm used to. So you don't want to fill it as high as the max line in the instructions as when you screw it together it might push juice in the chimney. So no leaking on this fill, but it is spitty/moist vape which I don't like. I had this problem with my Kayfun and never did figure out how to stop it. So it goes through juice quick and I don't like getting juice in my mouth. Any suggestions on that.

sincerelysasquatch

ECF Veteran
Feb 23, 2014
usa
I've tried filling it up from the top and bottom during my failed attempts. My husband (doesn't vape) suggested I not tighten everything up so tight, just barely finger tight. The small gasket on the top ring is slightly misshapen and he thought compressing it too much would be bad. So I did that and filled from the bottom, to the bar. I realized that I shouldn't fill to the top of the chimney since the coil goes over the chimney instead of inside it like I'm used to. So you don't want to fill it as high as the max line in the instructions as when you screw it together it might push juice in the chimney. So no leaking on this fill, but it is spitty/moist vape which I don't like. I had this problem with my Kayfun and never did figure out how to stop it. So it goes through juice quick and I don't like getting juice in my mouth. Any suggestions on that.
what pg/vg ratio are you using? My toptank nanos stopped spitting at 70 vg, but when I was using 60 vg spitting was more of a problem.

Swampus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2016
Nature Coast, FL
Yes too tight is not good on squishy o-rings..but the coil needs to be pretty good and tight (with fingers)..My better half runs hers at 12w +/- with halo juice, so not sure of pg/vg, but would guess around 50/50..and hasn't had a problem since using it as a bottom fill only. Kinda takes away from the whole top-fill feature on this thing, but it works for her.

Have you tried to turn the mod up (loosely cover drip tip with paper towel) and blow through the air hole (block other) and fire it that way? and/or adjust wattage for different juice in there?

Calla lily

Verified Member
Nov 28, 2013
Florida
The subvod battery is a fixed 3.7 volt, so no adjusting it. I've got some "max vg" juice in it now. I don't know what the vg ratio is but it's still spitting at me. No leaks today though. Maybe I'll try the higher ohm coils when I order more.

I got nothing when I tried blowing through the airhole. But if I stick a piece of paper towel down through the drip tip and chimney, it comes back with the extra juice. I do this with my ego bottom coils (with a q-tip if they fit) when they start to get low and gurgle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread