Kanger TopTank's base won't screw in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikhforos

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2018
I have somehow managed to drop it so many times it won't screw in. Is it possible to fix it by myself without getting a new base? No shop will sell it to me individually. And to be honest, I don't have the money anyways.
If you see closely, the lines of the base are not straight. (The problem rests closer to my thumb- on the left of the base)
Screenshot_1.png

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I guess you could try grinding it flat? Or is it more of a divot? Either way... gently... You could try restoring it to its former shape. I'm not going to suggest tools for that, I'm not a tool person, but I know my husband has fixed a dent or two, here and there. He's got all kinds of crazy tools in "his" shed though, like, gigantic tools with power belts and whatnot.

Sorry to not be of more help,

Anna

matcas

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2012
Los Angeles Calif.
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Not Appropriate

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas

Nikhforos

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2018

Nikhforos

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2018
Thanks a lot! People here asked for 15 bucks for that. Will be getting from FastTech. Any idea if they ship in Greece? I know it says internationally, but.. I've seen a lot.

Nikhforos

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2018
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Cleaning up

Nikhforos

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2018
I guess you could try grinding it flat? Or is it more of a divot? Either way... gently... You could try restoring it to its former shape. I'm not going to suggest tools for that, I'm not a tool person, but I know my husband has fixed a dent or two, here and there. He's got all kinds of crazy tools in "his" shed though, like, gigantic tools with power belts and whatnot.

Sorry to not be of more help,

Anna
I'm really bad with all the engineering stuff tbh :p

Reactions: stols001

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    Thanks a lot! People here asked for 15 bucks for that. Will be getting from FastTech. Any idea if they ship in Greece? I know it says internationally, but.. I've seen a lot.
    Not sure what the shipping policy is for Greece, may want to check with them first.

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 11, 2015
    • Deleted by classwife

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    • Deleted by classwife

puffon

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    • Deleted by classwife

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    I would replace it.. with the top tank base, not the sub tank base.

$4.86 Authentic KangerTech Replacement Airflow Control Valve for Toptank Mini Clearomizer - stainless steel at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

They are both interchangeable though, if you want the taller STM base instead.

Wait about 5 more days. China is on holiday (seriously, they are.).

I've had Very Good luck with those Bases.

And like them Better over the ones that have Individual air inlet holes. With the Single Big Slot, you can Adjust the amount of air flow to Exactly what you want.

And the Air Flow Ring does seem to want to get Stuck if it is left in the same position for awhile.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread