Kat’s Kalamari Klub (Squid Industries Mods)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
wimpy doesn't even begin to cover the experience.
Thanks, Kat. So sorry you had to suffer through that. With the 'no muss, no fuss' whole watt adjustments, the rest doesn't matter. If I can't do 7.5W, there's no point. Sometimes 7W isn't quite enough. And 8W is almost always too high.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Thanks, Kat. So sorry you had to suffer through that. With the 'no muss, no fuss' whole watt adjustments, the rest doesn't matter. If I can't do 7.5W, there's no point. Sometimes 7W isn't quite enough. And 8W is almost always too high.

• Spend not ye olde wasted money.
  • Tis nobler to have saved than it is to have spent.

I'm full of 'em(it) today. :cool:

You got something to vape for now? ;)

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia

Welp...... any plans to come out West, dearie? I'd gladly let ya try it out! :D

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
I have to fly out to San Antonio early Monday morning to rescue some cabinetry apparently taken hostage by a nefarious band of incompetent installers, and I am planning on taking my work DB-- the silver one, with the sleevie-- with me. I am going to be seriously upset if the aggressive gropers at the TSA give me any trouble about it. I'm already mad enough about having to buy a "TSA compliant" padlock for my FAA-approved toolbox-on-wheels thingy. What good is a lock if TSA has a key, I wonder? I'm a lot more worried about government thieves than burglars.
Just flew twice with mine. Put the batteries in a box, db in the tray with my other stuff. No problem

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
I didn’t think about what they “look like” when I packed to go. They’re my dailies, and I didn’t want to have to charge batteries for a four day trip. Apparently little gun barrels are ok o_O. Guy in front of me got pulled aside for his electric toothbrush, and someone else had their teeny eyeglass screwdriver confiscated. Who knows what goes through their minds

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I didn’t think about what they “look like” when I packed to go. They’re my dailies, and I didn’t want to have to charge batteries for a four day trip. Apparently little gun barrels are ok o_O. Guy in front of me got pulled aside for his electric toothbrush, and someone else had their teeny eyeglass screwdriver confiscated. Who knows what goes through their minds

I once lost my absolute favorite multi-tool on a flight out to Vegas. I didn't want to even GO to that stupid event, and lost my tool (so to speak) too.

With a capital "L", went I. :blink:

Reactions: kas122461

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I can understand a swiss army knife, or blowtorch or something.... but the little screwdrivers in those eyeglass kits barely hold up enough to use once. I was at a loss what the danger something the size of a toothpick could be

I'm guessing that the TSA agent had a loose screw, and needed a replacement. :ohmy:

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
With a capital "L", went I. :blink:

upload_2018-5-22_16-21-14.jpeg

So. Airline confiskations. Been there, too. I had two (NOT ONE, but TWO) books of matches taken from my possession.

Imagine MY konflict when I raced, out of breath, to go have my lay-over airport smoke... :facepalm:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
View attachment 743869

So. Airline confiskations. Been there, too. I had two (NOT ONE, but TWO) books of matches taken from my possession.

Imagine MY konflict when I raced, out of breath, to go have my lay-over airport smoke... :facepalm:

What? They needed a light, did they?

Ohmammamia...:facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread