Kawfee beanz, DIY and assorted Shenaniganery :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
Glad they had the game for the new one. It's ok to suck at it so long as you have fun. :p
Ph yea. Loads of fun. LOL

The pulse bf is dead; long live the pulse bf!

I had a weird failure this morning. Best I can tell the pulse bf 510 connector had an internal short condition. Lots of current, the plastic body slot that the positive metal band is set in deformed a bit, battery got warm, and the fire button switch has had a partial failure, though it opened (turned off) as soon as I released the button.

Internal short because no power was going to my rda, zero vapor. The rda was fine (0 56 ohm twisted 28), is still fine, working well on my backup pulse bf. It's a wasp nano, delrin top cap, pretty much impossible to short.

The switch is now obviously flaky, sometimes it'll drive power, other times not. The travel is different than in a good switch, and it often makes slight noises when depressed signaling a part has come loose and is rubbing/catching, or the noises/feel you get with a bad spring.

Time to see what VandyVape CS is like this time [emoji5] I did contact Tony B, he's only heard of a couple total failures in the power path across quite a few sets shipped. I also posted on Mooch's pulse bf switch test Reddit thread, to keep him in the loop.

No harm for me, especially since I had my backup $20 black Friday pulse bf nearby [emoji5] OTOH a newer person might not know enough to put the mod aside, be able to figure out that it's likely a 510 connector problem that could reoccur, or that if the switch acts oddly it's not to be used.
Wow, so sorry to hear this happened. Great hearing you are OK. I would not like hearing about you on the 6 O'clock news!

Happy New Year to All!

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
Thanks Lynn. :wub: Couldn't really call it an awesome day.

This has been running through my head since I woke up yesterday...
Will you still need me, will you still feed me
When I'm sixty-four?
When that song came out I was in my early 20s and thought 64 year olds were ancient! Then almost overnight…or so it seems…I was 64 :shock:

misswish1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
NM
icon036.gif

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
When that song came out I was in my early 20s and thought 64 year olds were ancient! Then almost overnight…or so it seems…I was 64 :shock:
I wonder what the remaining Beatles think of that? Must have seemed awfully old when they wrote it.

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Hope y'all survived the antics of last night!!!!! With it as cold as it was here, the "normal" fireworks fools weren't too cra-cra. BDD had a moderately peaceful evening.

On a sad note, I'll be starting my New Year visiting a funeral home this afternoon. The father of my supervisor/best friend at work passed away Thursday. Viewing today; funeral tomorrow. My heart hurts so badly for him and his family. But, John had an amazing life and touched the lives of so very many. He's accepted his Reward and will continue to watch down on all his loved ones.

whodat2112

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
May 13, 2012
Mississippi Just Outside Of NOLA
Hope y'all survived the antics of last night!!!!! With it as cold as it was here, the "normal" fireworks fools weren't too cra-cra. BDD had a moderately peaceful evening.

On a sad note, I'll be starting my New Year visiting a funeral home this afternoon. The father of my supervisor/best friend at work passed away Thursday. Viewing today; funeral tomorrow. My heart hurts so badly for him and his family. But, John had an amazing life and touched the lives of so very many. He's accepted his Reward and will continue to watch down on all his loved ones.

Sorry to hear:(

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
VandyVape was on the ball with my failed pulse bf, already sending a replacement. The second one is working fine, I really do suspect it was a fluke. That said, I'm still looking forward to getting the HV Squeezer in -- a true pure mech, siver plated copper bar contact.

On the kawvee side, I see some Costa Rica Tarrazu in my future: Brown Sugar, Nutty, Dried Fruits :)

Last edited:

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
Looking kind of brisk in CNY the next few days [emoji5]

Doing work from home tomorrow, and tonight I did a pass on the driveway, about 6" of snow (another foot or so due over the next day).

Looking like I'll have fires in the wood stove in our great room the next couple of days, always nice when it's really cold out [emoji5]

Last edited:

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
HELLOOOOOOOOO out there!

I've been scarce - 'tis that fugly time of year for me. Not a lot of opportunity to check the forums these days :pervy:

FINALLY getting a day to "myself" tomorrow.... Have a bit of work to do over the weekend, but for the most part, should be a "Dinger Day" without any major interruptions.

Been :censored: cold here. Not liking this deep freeze, but I think a LOT of bugs are not going to make it into this coming spring, so that's o.k.

Hope everyones' New Year has started out o.k.....

PLRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread