Kawfee beanz, DIY and assorted Shenaniganery :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
I ended up picking up a 6 pack of bpa-free 16oz hdpe food grade condiment bottles from Amazon, ones Sloth indicated he used. It was cool to make a full pint of my ADV [emoji5]

If anyone would like one tossed in next time they're up for kawvee let me know. I only wanted 2, but they come as a 6 pack.
I'll take one. Thank you.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
19, plus pop-ups (when I do a vaping PIF I typically toss in some kawvee). Most weeks I'll send out kawvee to two people, though during the holidays I went off schedule a bit.

Most are (or were) regulars on this and another thread, the pop-ups are others I've chatted with here on ECF or outside the forum.

I find it fun, as I enjoy roasting and sharing the results. A couple of people from the old Cloupor Mini contest thread got me into roasting.

I'm enoying the Costa Rica Tarrazu (Brown Sugar, Nutty, Dried Fruits), it's a very smooth bean. Bodhi Leaf's weekly special (Burundi Rugori) sounds intriguing, too: " Chocolate Malt, Floral, Sweet".

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Happy birthday, Mark!

@Debadoo 30°? Shut yo mouth!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I think our lowest was 19 temp, with a feels like of 9 :rolleyes:

I had to go get my son who hasn't been home for almost 2 years:w00t:...long trip there and back, but so good to finally have him home! We'll be doing a belated Christmas celebration today with him! :D
oh that's wonderful!! Hope y'all had a great visit.

Thanks Lynn. :wub: Couldn't really call it an awesome day.

This has been running through my head since I woke up yesterday...
Will you still need me, will you still feed me
When I'm sixty-four?
Sorry it wasn't a great day and that this year is starting with so much frustration! Hope it gets better quickly and stays better! Still sorry I missed your bday.

On a sad note, I'll be starting my New Year visiting a funeral home this afternoon. The father of my supervisor/best friend at work passed away Thursday. Viewing today; funeral tomorrow. My heart hurts so badly for him and his family. But, John had an amazing life and touched the lives of so very many. He's accepted his Reward and will continue to watch down on all his loved ones.
so sorry to hear this, but am glad he was at peace with it.

Had a brief text msg convo with him this weekend. He's "hurting" and was staying away from social media. He'll be back soon, I think
hate to hear this. And yes, when you talk with him more let him know we all love and miss him!

VandyVape was on the ball with my failed pulse bf, already sending a replacement. The second one is working fine, I really do suspect it was a fluke
kewlios! But sorry it broke.

Sorry to hear that he’s hurting. Nice guy that you hate to hear that. Blessings
Wow........hiya! How ya been doin hun. Haven't seen you in forever. Saw the orange bug avi, and thought, hey.....I know a guy who uses that. Looked at the name, and whaddya know! :lol: Hope things are going great for you. Give the pups cookies from me.

and a cheesy gooey bacony brussels sprouts dish for anyone brave enough to try!
memememememe lol You had me at cheesy gooey bacony! well, really at bacony. Sounds yummy

I ended up picking up a 6 pack of bpa-free 16oz hdpe food grade condiment bottles from Amazon, ones Sloth indicated he used. It was cool to make a full pint of my ADV [emoji5]

If anyone would like one tossed in next time they're up for kawvee let me know. I only wanted 2, but they come as a 6 pack.
oh kewl. I buy mine at Sam's. 6 pack is $5.00 but my doesn't like them cuz they don't have caps. I noticed that Amazon has some with red caps. I'll have to let him know about them. He bought cheapos at the grocery store that got ruined when he put hot sauce in em. (not gonna say I told him so) :p

How many subscribers do you have, anyway? :lol: I thank you for your dedication to keep us caffeinated in a most delightful way.
I second this!! It's such a blessing to everyone and so incredibly nice of you to do!

Congrats to all da weeners of contests!! When I first got on ECF I won quite a few of them, and it was such a blessing. I quickly outgrew what I'd bought for a starter kit, and didn't have the money to go VV at the time. Won a fantastic (for the time) mod. Not sure I would have made it if not for that.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
The red cap ones are what I picked up, from Pinnacle on Amazon.

The black silicone gaskets on the ends of Whirlpool whole house water filters fit well on the Pinnacle bottles, add an extra seal when the top is screwed on. I don't use those gaskets on my filters (plenty good enough fit without them), have a collection of them, glad to put them to use. (I'm confident they're silicone, but no matter what they're food grade, designed to be used in extended contact with potable water, I'm completely comfortable using them on my ADV pint bottle).

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
19, plus pop-ups (when I do a vaping PIF I typically toss in some kawvee). Most weeks I'll send out kawvee to two people, though during the holidays I went off schedule a bit.

Most are (or were) regulars on this and another thread, the pop-ups are others I've chatted with here on ECF or outside the forum.

I find it fun, as I enjoy roasting and sharing the results. A couple of people from the old Cloupor Mini contest thread got me into roasting.

I'm enoying the Costa Rica Tarrazu (Brown Sugar, Nutty, Dried Fruits), it's a very smooth bean. Bodhi Leaf's weekly special (Burundi Rugori) sounds intriguing, too: " Chocolate Malt, Floral, Sweet".
Your coffee is wonderful :wub:

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
Anyone else having problems with USPS? I have 2 small flavor orders shipped not delivered as stated. I have contacted one, Jacksonville, FL, to Ocala, 6 days so far? They (Bull City Flavors) contacted USPS and sent me a claim #. Bet it shows up quickly! #2 was to be delivered today, Nada. Will wait a few days and such the Co on them. Several non vape related items MIA too.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
We had several missed deliveries over the last several weeks, but they were directly related to weather. Our weekend delverer is a nice person but a bit of a flake, will sometimes code things as delivered or attempted delivery/notice left when they weren't. The first couple timmes we were annoyed, but by now it's become more of a norm -- if the weather is iffy things may well not be delvered.

(It's totally understandable if on bad weather days things don't come in, the off-putting part is getting a text from USPS saying something was delivered or attempted when it wasn't)

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Yeehaw couple of days in the 50s, today we reached 65 (though rainy)!

Tonight we change back to winter - a foot of snow overnight, highs in the low teens, subzero both Sat and Sun nights [emoji5]

I just ordered a Dead Rabbit SQ RDA from FT (attractive price using the MAP code), and am waiting on my Hugo Vapor Squeezer from 3f (solid reviews in the UK, comes with a lot of parts, supposed to have very little voltage drop, only one easy tweak that I've identified).

On the pulse bf, it's all I'm using these days, though it has one caveat. I've replicated the issue I had on my original unit (internal short, though I released the button before causing a switch failure), and am confident it would show on my replacement chassis. Everyone knows I run my mods with lanyards. The 510 extender I use has a fairly long male connector side, even with the oring I use on it (to make a cleaner seal on the mod - zero leaks at the connector). If I screw the rda/extender down too far into the mod, inside the mod's 510 the positive is shorting. Fortunately it's an intermittent - if I unscrew the extender slightly it resets and works fine again.

I'm pretty confident I've diagnosed the issue properly, have chatted with Tony B about it. I've got to root around in my stash of tanks (and older 510 cartos and atties) to see if I have something else with a similar length male 510, get the same result; alternately I can see which of my tanks have adjustable 510s, extend the positive out a bit.

Anywho, the problem should only occur if a tank has a really long 510. In my case it just means I don't crank down on the oring quite so much, no harm.

(If anyone else uses an extender, the fasttech box of orings has a size that's perfect for this application, adding a seal at the top of the male 510.)

whodat2112

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
May 13, 2012
Mississippi Just Outside Of NOLA
26239303_10157159303709517_3525961064250934452_n.jpg

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Whee - fun times (not).

So, we got our change back to very cold, plus snow. I went out to snowblow and saw a couple foot diameter hole, several feet deep, immediately adjacent to the driveway, along the line where a drainage culvert goes from a drainage ditch on one side, outlet goes to a seasonal stream that has its own culvert under the state highway). Probing, it looks like it extends about 18" into the paved area.

Our driveway is about 8' above where the culvert is, and it's probably about a 30' total length of culvert. Multiple calls and eventually someone from state DOT stopped by, agreed that yes, likely a culvert failure, and said that at least under current rules it's homeowner responsibility to replace, though I can see if his supervisor is willing to do it. Either way I need to talk to the supervisor, and it takes a state highway permit, and nothing can be done until Tuesday (MLK day).

So, likely looking at a multi $k repair ( a lot of excavation, putting in the new pipe, backfill, then probably do the final driveway repair in the spring - We're back into bad winter weather), and driving is kinda iffy (worker bee said we can probably hug the far edge of the driveway for now, but no idea if that hole under the driveway will keep extending further).

Joys...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread