Kawfee beanz, DIY and assorted Shenaniganery :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
I've got another PIF kit coming in, a win from DJLsb. It's an Aspire Tigon set, rainbow. It has a direct output 2500 mAh battery.

Apparently it's decent for MTL, and can take other standard 510 tanks (23mm diameter tube).

If anyone would like it, give me a shout.
I gave the pod you generously sent me (along with the luscious coffee!) to a good friend (my dog's breeder) who has been struggling to switch to vaping. She is a graveyard shift ER nurse and she loves it! She can puff in a closet and it helps. She has other mods, but that little baby is a star! Thank you.

Edit: she didn't get the coffee! That was MINE!

CasketWeaver

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
Decatur, IL 62521
Finally... after all these months... I have climbed out of my bunker to announce... he is here...

View media item 431705View media item 431703
Born: 21 NOV 2018 @ 0335 - Weight: 7lbs 12oz - Height: 21" - Delivered Via C-section after 15hrs of labor were unsuccessful. He stuck his hand to his face to give me a high five as he went down the chute.

CasketWeaver

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
Decatur, IL 62521
It's finally here... May the shoot out begin...
45ca81360b5ca503eac01d8be22dad24.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

CasketWeaver

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
Decatur, IL 62521
Alright, so my thoughts already? What the hell is it?! Well, for starters it's a Taifun GT 4. Anyone that knows anything about the Taifun knows they're almost IMPOSSIBLE to get your hands on. Now I was going to do a shoot out between the KF5 and the GT4 but... decided it would be a slightly unfair comparison because the chamber in the GT4 is slightly wider than the stock KF5... so what did I do? I ordered a KF5 25mm of course! However, I will still give me thoughts on the GT4 and when the KF5 25mm comes in, then let the battle begin.

1st - I noticed right away is it's a heavy piece of steel and "glass".

2nd - The machining is impeccable. Is it perfect? No. At the price point people would be paying for an authentic, I would hope to find no scratches, scuffs, etc on it. However, mine does have some imperfections on it and they were there out of the box. A few light scratches, I'd be fine with, but I do have a couple of scratches on the juice flow ring that I didn't care for.

3rd - The "glass" section - although protected by the steel cage - is very thin and kind of feels a little like plastic. So handle with care. Speaking of tank section - when disassembling the tank section, unscrew the top half of the tank to get access to the glass insert, but BE CAREFUL FOR THE O RINGS! There are 2 very thin rings, one on top and one on the bottom. The one on the bottom stayed put, but the one up top did not and came off the top section of the tank. Finding the right placement of it was almost impossible. Also because of them being so thin, caution should be taken when handling them to prevent breaking them.

4th - Cleanliness. The tank came out of the package and prior to disassembling it to wash it, I noticed there was already some kind of liquid on it. Being factory sealed in the tube should have said to anyone that "Hey, I am a clean and fully functioning product". I don't know what it was, but I know it was a liquid of some sort. Be it remnants of a cleaning solution, VG, or just condensation, whatever... at that price point or any price point for that matter, there should be no rust, no dust, no machine oil, no residue, no metal shavings, no debris, etc. anywhere NEAR a product that's used - FOR ANYTHING - FOR ANY REASON.

5th - Build deck - this is a very, very, VERY unique thing and the airflow is what makes it what it is. The way the build deck is laid out is very different from what most of us would be used to. Me, I'm used to the Kayfun build decks and a few tanks that have postless decks. This one has 3 screws on each side (6 total) and the posts have cutouts for your wire so you build a coil, set it in there, pop your leads into the cutouts, and tighten it down with the little grub screws. It APPEARS to be forgiving with wicking as well, I did jam a bit more cotton down into the well, so that's a plus... no dry hits yet.

6th - Airflow - Can be set to restricted direct lung to MTL - has 3 fairly small cyclops slots on the adjustment ring, but only 2 slots on the deck itself. With 6 holes drilled into the deck to allow air into the chamber.

And that about summarizes it up. I'm going to run a few tanks through it, see how well it holds up, and in a week, I'll repost my experiences with it, let you all know if it's really worth the money, or if it's best used as a paperweight. After that week, I'll disassemble it again and show you all the pieces and parts I have seen on it as well. Until then, enjoy!

Last edited:

CasketWeaver

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
Decatur, IL 62521

That's what I call a coil - only a real man vapes on that size build!

I think I can fire it with my 8.5 KW generator, but still looking for the right tank... ;)

More like a nuclear generator. I think I can fire it with my nuclear generator. Tank, what tank? You just inhale the ejuice directly from the coil itself.

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Found a home on another thread, some good coffee coming out, though [emoji16]

Thank you :wub:

Hai y'all. Coming up for air from the bizzy past few months..... I have to sadly report that HRM Tilley Elizabeth crossed the Rainbow Bridge a couple weeks ago at the ripe old age of 16-1/2. She went relatively peacefully. She is sorely missed.....

Just whipped up about 600ml of fresh jooze. I'd been so bizzy, I haven't had a serious chance to mix recently. Restocked my faves. Found a few One-Shots from WizLab and mixed up a few of those as well. Three of the four first samplings are pretty decent. Jury's still out one Tropical Cookie o_O

I hope you all are keeping well. Doing pretty well in the Land of Corn 'n' Cowz

:wub:

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Thank you :wub:

Hai y'all. Coming up for air from the bizzy past few months..... I have to sadly report that HRM Tilley Elizabeth crossed the Rainbow Bridge a couple weeks ago at the ripe old age of 16-1/2. She went relatively peacefully. She is sorely missed.....

Just whipped up about 600ml of fresh jooze. I'd been so bizzy, I haven't had a serious chance to mix recently. Restocked my faves. Found a few One-Shots from WizLab and mixed up a few of those as well. Three of the four first samplings are pretty decent. Jury's still out one Tropical Cookie o_O

I hope you all are keeping well. Doing pretty well in the Land of Corn 'n' Cowz

:wub:
Sorry to hear about HRM. 16yo!.. Wow!

Sent from my LG-V700 using Tapatalk

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
This is what I have been missing out on for the last couple of years...
2d952a092aabacf54cb364c270804582.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
When i was younger,my dad used to give me a bunch when they had surplus of them.Some were really good,some not so much haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread