The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Kawfee beanz, DIY and assorted Shenaniganery :)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by dcfluegel, Feb 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. clnire

clnire Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 15, 2013
    Florida
    I gave the pod you generously sent me (along with the luscious coffee!) to a good friend (my dog's breeder) who has been struggling to switch to vaping. She is a graveyard shift ER nurse and she loves it! She can puff in a closet and it helps. She has other mods, but that little baby is a star! Thank you.

Edit: she didn't get the coffee! That was MINE!

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  2. markfm

markfm Aussie Pup Wrangler Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Found a home on another thread, some good coffee coming out, though

• Like Like x 7
    • Love Love x 1
  3. CasketWeaver

CasketWeaver Moved On ECF Veteran

Feb 20, 2014
    Decatur, IL 62521
    • Love Love x 8
    • Like Like x 5
  4. markfm

markfm Aussie Pup Wrangler Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Stellar - congratulations!

• Like Like x 7
  5. CasketWeaver

Feb 20, 2014
    Decatur, IL 62521
    Thank you, thank you. I haven't been around much, you know. Playing the daddy game. Making him laugh, smile, and taking care of business.

• Like Like x 9
    • Love Love x 3
  6. Kenna

Kenna Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 14, 2014
    Texas, USA
    Awesome! Congratulations!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 7
  7. angelphyre

angelphyre ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 9, 2013
    MS Gulf Coast/NOLA
    • Like Like x 6
  8. CasketWeaver

Feb 20, 2014
    Decatur, IL 62521
    It's finally here... May the shoot out begin...[​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 4
  9. CasketWeaver

Feb 20, 2014
    Decatur, IL 62521
    Alright, so my thoughts already? What the hell is it?! Well, for starters it's a Taifun GT 4. Anyone that knows anything about the Taifun knows they're almost IMPOSSIBLE to get your hands on. Now I was going to do a shoot out between the KF5 and the GT4 but... decided it would be a slightly unfair comparison because the chamber in the GT4 is slightly wider than the stock KF5... so what did I do? I ordered a KF5 25mm of course! However, I will still give me thoughts on the GT4 and when the KF5 25mm comes in, then let the battle begin.

1st - I noticed right away is it's a heavy piece of steel and "glass".

2nd - The machining is impeccable. Is it perfect? No. At the price point people would be paying for an authentic, I would hope to find no scratches, scuffs, etc on it. However, mine does have some imperfections on it and they were there out of the box. A few light scratches, I'd be fine with, but I do have a couple of scratches on the juice flow ring that I didn't care for.

3rd - The "glass" section - although protected by the steel cage - is very thin and kind of feels a little like plastic. So handle with care. Speaking of tank section - when disassembling the tank section, unscrew the top half of the tank to get access to the glass insert, but BE CAREFUL FOR THE O RINGS! There are 2 very thin rings, one on top and one on the bottom. The one on the bottom stayed put, but the one up top did not and came off the top section of the tank. Finding the right placement of it was almost impossible. Also because of them being so thin, caution should be taken when handling them to prevent breaking them.

4th - Cleanliness. The tank came out of the package and prior to disassembling it to wash it, I noticed there was already some kind of liquid on it. Being factory sealed in the tube should have said to anyone that "Hey, I am a clean and fully functioning product". I don't know what it was, but I know it was a liquid of some sort. Be it remnants of a cleaning solution, VG, or just condensation, whatever... at that price point or any price point for that matter, there should be no rust, no dust, no machine oil, no residue, no metal shavings, no debris, etc. anywhere NEAR a product that's used - FOR ANYTHING - FOR ANY REASON.

5th - Build deck - this is a very, very, VERY unique thing and the airflow is what makes it what it is. The way the build deck is laid out is very different from what most of us would be used to. Me, I'm used to the Kayfun build decks and a few tanks that have postless decks. This one has 3 screws on each side (6 total) and the posts have cutouts for your wire so you build a coil, set it in there, pop your leads into the cutouts, and tighten it down with the little grub screws. It APPEARS to be forgiving with wicking as well, I did jam a bit more cotton down into the well, so that's a plus... no dry hits yet.

6th - Airflow - Can be set to restricted direct lung to MTL - has 3 fairly small cyclops slots on the adjustment ring, but only 2 slots on the deck itself. With 6 holes drilled into the deck to allow air into the chamber.

And that about summarizes it up. I'm going to run a few tanks through it, see how well it holds up, and in a week, I'll repost my experiences with it, let you all know if it's really worth the money, or if it's best used as a paperweight. After that week, I'll disassemble it again and show you all the pieces and parts I have seen on it as well. Until then, enjoy!

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  10. CasketWeaver

Feb 20, 2014
    Decatur, IL 62521
    My funniest out of context quote of the day; "Be a real man! Real men build their coils with 20AWG Stainless Steel wire!"

My coworker almost crapped her pants laughing!

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. DavidOck

DavidOck ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  12. b.m.

b.m. Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 30, 2014
    Ohio
    Better grab the big box of rayon,that's gonna take a lot of wick haha.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. DavidOck

Supporting member
    I think I can fire it with my 8.5 KW generator, but still looking for the right tank... ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. CasketWeaver

Feb 20, 2014
    Decatur, IL 62521
    That's what I call a coil - only a real man vapes on that size build!

More like a nuclear generator. I think I can fire it with my nuclear generator. Tank, what tank? You just inhale the ejuice directly from the coil itself.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  15. DavidOck

Supporting member
    Or anywhere downwind :)

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  16. DingerCPA

DingerCPA Vaping Mistress Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 9, 2014
    Corn 'n' Cows
    Thank you :wub:

Hai y'all. Coming up for air from the bizzy past few months..... I have to sadly report that HRM Tilley Elizabeth crossed the Rainbow Bridge a couple weeks ago at the ripe old age of 16-1/2. She went relatively peacefully. She is sorely missed.....

Just whipped up about 600ml of fresh jooze. I'd been so bizzy, I haven't had a serious chance to mix recently. Restocked my faves. Found a few One-Shots from WizLab and mixed up a few of those as well. Three of the four first samplings are pretty decent. Jury's still out one Tropical Cookie o_O

I hope you all are keeping well. Doing pretty well in the Land of Corn 'n' Cowz

:wub:

• Like Like x 5
    • Love Love x 4
  17. clnire

clnire Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 15, 2013
    Florida
    @DingerCPA , so sorry about HRM, but sounds like she had a good, long life.

Great to hear from you! You have been missed....

• Like Like x 6
    • Love Love x 1
  18. Kenna

Kenna Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 14, 2014
    Texas, USA
    Sorry to hear about HRM. 16yo!.. Wow!

Sent from my LG-V700 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  19. CasketWeaver

Feb 20, 2014
    Decatur, IL 62521
    This is what I have been missing out on for the last couple of years...[​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. b.m.

b.m. Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 30, 2014
    Ohio
    When i was younger,my dad used to give me a bunch when they had surplus of them.Some were really good,some not so much haha.

• Like Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.