Kayfun, 3.1, lite, and differences and authenticity...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
I wanted some up to date information, and some much needed help.

One of my local brick and mortar stores claims they have the kayfun 3.1 and kayfun LITE on order. I specifically asked if they are clones or authentic. I was told they will be 100% AUTHENTIC and GENUINE.

So here is my questions. If they are real genuine and authentic, I plan on buying 3 of them. 1 for myself and the other 2 for my son's as gifts.

First, what are the differences between the models? As I read along the overwhelming threads here, I understand there's (atleast) a model 3.1, a lite and now a lite+. What are the specific differences between them? (Or any additional models? )

Second, and most important how can I verify their authenticity? This store is not a head shop - its a dedicated vape only store, so...the chances of the atomizer's being real are there. And as I understand they're going to be around $90/each (? ) but I'll know for certain when they're in stock, listed in the inventory system and firmly priced. ( for sure )

On a side note, I'm not certain how a "real" product outperforms a clone copy of the same product...seems to me a good copy/clone SHOULD perform the same as the original it was modeled after. I know that's a touchy subject...but that's how I feel.

At any rate, I'm prepared to pay the nearly $300 for 3x atomizer's providing they're completely genuine, and I hope and pray they perform the way people rant and rave about them!

So those are my core questions. How can I tell the difference between good clones and real genuine products.

And which of the kayfun models are the more desirable? How do they differ? Where should what be? (Like fill holes, air flow controls, etc)

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Pictures would be fantastic. As I'm sure I'll be referencing this thread and it's replies come purchase day!

Sent using my typewriter

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
well as it stands now I dont think any of the clones have the SM laser engraving on them. the 3.1 has the SM symbol on the side of the base and the lite says designed in russia made in germany.
the 3.1 is first it is bigger and has more parts, there is a special fill valve on it that can be annoying but works well it has an air control next to this valve and there is a separate plate on the bottom that is a dripwell and catches any flooding.

the light removes all these extra parts making it smaller and a little shorter but no airflow control

the light plus is identical to the light but has now added an airflow controller.

as for the clones verses original from what i understand the better clones are 1:1 copies and work the same. never seen one as i have the real ones.

PB170100.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread