Kayfun vs Kayfun 3.1 vs Kayfun Mini vs Taifun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myah_June2014

May 10, 2014
WI
I wanna get into these as they seem easiest to rebuild & great flavor. I know I'm gonna get different opinions but what's difference between lite - 3.1- Mini & then the Taifun. Is the Taifun as easy to rebuild as the Kayfuns? I'm looking @ focalecig & fast tech [don't wanna wait months though FT] what other places are great to get these clones? Certain clones or sites that I wanna stay away from?
I know it's lot of questions, anything you can give me feedback on will be helpful.

autobiogphnation

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2013
Chicago
Kayfun 3.1 has airflow control and extra bottom chamber that collects juice if flooded. Kayfun lite does not have that chamber or airflow control. Both are 22mm sized. Kayfun mini is ego sized, has airflow control and has 3 setup lengths: dripper-about 25 drops, standard- about 3ml, long-about 6ml.
There's also the kayfun lite plus which is lite with airflow control.
Can't comment on taifun, never looked into it.
Checkout angelcigs, they have some kayfun clones and they have them in warehouse in California generally. So shouldn't be a long wait.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Myah_June2014

May 10, 2014
WI
Kayfun 3.1 has airflow control and extra bottom chamber that collects juice if flooded. Kayfun lite does not have that chamber or airflow control. Both are 22mm sized. Kayfun mini is ego sized, has airflow control and has 3 setup lengths: dripper-about 25 drops, standard- about 3ml, long-about 6ml.
There's also the kayfun lite plus which is lite with airflow control.
Can't comment on taifun, never looked into it.
Checkout angelcigs, they have some kayfun clones and they have them in warehouse in California generally. So shouldn't be a long wait.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Thanks, I'm pretty sure I want airflow control so your info helps alot. Bottom chamber sounds safe but I never hear of leaking problems but, never can be to safe! I will have to do more looking around @ all of them. Ty

Xaviour

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2014
South Haven Michigan
I've been happy with my ehpro 3.1 lite+, I got it on eBay from vapeex. He was quick to answers questions if this was V1 or v2 and it came a day early. I don't see any real use for the airflow control. I have removed my screw completely and wish for more airflow, thought I'm used to a drilled out Igow and tobh Atty. I did find it tricky to get the 510 connector lined up for best air flow, a pair of pliers worked to hold the blocks straight. I've only used vapeex on eBay, 101 vapes online and here on the classifieds.

Sent from my slow sprint phone...

MrPlink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2014
Portland, OR / San Francisco CA
Kayfun lite plus is my fav of the bunch.

The fill system of the 3.1 sucks.
The overflow chamber sounds good on paper but on a properly built kayfun it is completely unnecessary and just makes the thing even bigger than it needs to be.
Only big advantage is the 3.1 has a wider array of airflow control compared to the lite models, which are a little on the tight side when it comes to airflow.

Supposedly this is where authentic Russian 91s come into play as they have the wider array of airflow but all the other benefits of a kayfun lite.

Now if somebody would just make a KF type tank with a glass tank that assembles like a protank and can be filled from the bottom like one too

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Now if somebody would just make a KF type tank with a glass tank that assembles like a protank and can be filled from the bottom like one too
Top Fill...
SMOK RSBT
rsbthybrid_2.png

Have fun
I

Shel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2009
Los Angeles
How about.....

D. None of the above?

Check out the youtube reviews of the Expromizer!

I believe every single reviewer feels that the Expromizer provides better flavor then the Kayfun!

I own two Kayfuns, and have loved them! They're easy to build, provide great flavor, tons of vapor and never leak. What more can you ask for?

Well... how about air flow control which you can change, without the need for a screwdriver or other tool? How about the ability to rebuild your atty, or add juice, without the need to empty the tank of it's existing juice first, much like a Taifun? (The build on the Expromizer is EXACTLY the same as on a Kayfun).

How about a catch tank on the bottom, so if your tank DOES leak, the juice is caught in the catch tank, and doesn't spill all over your device (never had this problem with a Kayfun, however...)... a 510 connection with a spring?

It even has the option to purchase an extended tank option, which will hold 8, that's EIGHT ml of juice!!!

None of this matters, if it doesn't provide flavor and vapor production as good, or better then a Kayfun.

I really believe that the flavor from the Expromizer is as good or possibly even better then I get from RDA's. I don't know if it's the larger fill channels, or the larger chimney or what it is that provides better flavor then my Kayfun, but I'm telling you that it does, and just about every reviewer I've seen agrees.

Check out any of the several youtube video reviews and see if it won't fit your needs. It IS a bit larger in size then a Kayfun, and it's more expensive then a kayfun clone, but less expensive then an authentic kayfun... so you need to decide if it's worth the price.

Good luck! (oh... picked mine up at LibertyVapor)

bmj105

May 28, 2014
Las Vegas, Nv
I've been happy with my ehpro 3.1 lite+, I got it on eBay from vapeex. He was quick to answers questions if this was V1 or v2 and it came a day early. I don't see any real use for the airflow control. I have removed my screw completely and wish for more airflow, thought I'm used to a drilled out Igow and tobh Atty. I did find it tricky to get the 510 connector lined up for best air flow, a pair of pliers worked to hold the blocks straight. I've only used vapeex on eBay, 101 vapes online and here on the classifieds.

Sent from my slow sprint phone...

^^^ This. I just received two kfl+ from this same vendor on eBay. $70 shipped the same day I ordered, showed up 2 days later from California. This is the version with dual airflow. The draw prefect for me with both airflow screws removed but may be tight for some. The best part is that there is NO whistle on the draw like other versions, it's buttery smoothe and silent.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
^^^ This. I just received two kfl+ from this same vendor on eBay. $70 shipped the same day I ordered, showed up 2 days later from California. This is the version with dual airflow. The draw prefect for me with both airflow screws removed but may be tight for some. The best part is that there is NO whistle on the draw like other versions, it's buttery smoothe and silent.

Can you lung inhale with this version?

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

I also had a great experience with vapeex on eBay.

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
Fwiw I have seen plenty of negative reviews of the expromizer, usually involving shoddy workmanship or problems with the spring etc etc

not personal experience so take it for what it is worth.

Workmanship is apparently a mixed bag with the eXpromizer. There are great ones out there, and some rough ones. I got one of the rough ones, however I haven't experienced any issues with leaking, and despite the choppy threading, the vape quality is def better then my Kayfuns.

I did just pull the trigger on an Erlkönigin. Translates to the Illusive in english I believe. Comes with a plastic tank, however you can get a glass or steel tube as an extra. I got the glass. It's pretty expensive, but comparable in price it a genuine Kayfun 3.1. Aside from my husband's Expromizer, all we have are clones in the house. I needed at least one genuine SOMETHING.

bulldog63h

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Elizabethton Tennessee
Workmanship is apparently a mixed bag with the eXpromizer. There are great ones out there, and some rough ones. I got one of the rough ones, however I haven't experienced any issues with leaking, and despite the choppy threading, the vape quality is def better then my Kayfuns.

I did just pull the trigger on an Erlkönigin. Translates to the Illusive in english I believe. Comes with a plastic tank, however you can get a glass or steel tube as an extra. I got the glass. It's pretty expensive, but comparable in price it a genuine Kayfun 3.1. Aside from my husband's Expromizer, all we have are clones in the house. I needed at least one genuine SOMETHING.

Looks like you have a genuine Provari and a genuine MVP.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread