Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!

I love pix!!!

9a734c6f187c7d9a7145b8a05cda2fbb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BLACKLION42

Aug 6, 2018
I just got mine myself. I started with 26g SS. I think it needs more coil mass to pump out the dense flavor of the Prime and 5 standard. The chamber size I suspect is the main culprit as it's about the same height of the 5 and the flavor definitely isn't up to the same standard. With claptons it probably sings. Trying to find the right build now. I'll share my findings as well :)

AstroTurf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
I just got mine myself. I started with 26g SS. I think it needs more coil mass to pump out the dense flavor of the Prime and 5 standard. The chamber size I suspect is the main culprit as it's about the same height of the 5 and the flavor definitely isn't up to the same standard. With claptons it probably sings. Trying to find the right build now. I'll share my findings as well :)
I look forward to it!!!

Reactions: stols001

BLACKLION42

Aug 6, 2018
I look forward to it!!!
So far the best flavor I've gotten is with my current build: Spaced 3mm ID fused 26/36 SS 4 wraps and placed straight under the deck screws, no bending of leads. It's so very not Kayfun of me but then again isn't the whole premise of a Kayfun with a 4mm airflow so very un-Kayfun? So far I prefer the standard Kayfun 5 for flavor with round wire (26 or 24g SS) but I'm not surprised by that. The chamber size by comparison to the standard Kayfun 5 lends itself to requiring a larger build to pump out comparable flavor but due to sheer vapor volume with a bigger build, I can safely say it's a different animal in the same profile of the 5.

While I realize nobody asked, compared to the Taifun GT4 I'm hard pressed on flavor to say which is better and there is nothing but subjectivity here but I find that the Kayfun excels with bakery and some fruit flavors (mango) whereas the Taifun I find my favorite for tropical (pinapple & guava) and mentholated liquids. Still testing some things and I'll continue to share my thoughts between vapes when I'm not gushing.

AstroTurf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
So far the best flavor I've gotten is with my current build: Spaced 3mm ID fused 26/36 SS 4 wraps and placed straight under the deck screws, no bending of leads. It's so very not Kayfun of me but then again isn't the whole premise of a Kayfun with a 4mm airflow so very un-Kayfun? So far I prefer the standard Kayfun 5 for flavor with round wire (26 or 24g SS) but I'm not surprised by that. The chamber size by comparison to the standard Kayfun 5 lends itself to requiring a larger build to pump out comparable flavor but due to sheer vapor volume with a bigger build, I can safely say it's a different animal in the same profile of the 5.

While I realize nobody asked, compared to the Taifun GT4 I'm hard pressed on flavor to say which is better and there is nothing but subjectivity here but I find that the Kayfun excels with bakery and some fruit flavors (mango) whereas the Taifun I find my favorite for tropical (pinapple & guava) and mentholated liquids. Still testing some things and I'll continue to share my thoughts between vapes when I'm not gushing.
Thanks, and yes, I look forward to your updates.

Have you gotten the Kayfun 810 drip tip yet?

Reactions: stols001

BLACKLION42

Aug 6, 2018
Thanks, and yes, I look forward to your updates.

Have you gotten the Kayfun 810 drip tip yet?
Yessir. Strange but I find the 810 top cap harbors a bit more juice than I prefer and while it makes he overall profile shorter I think the flavor is more focused with the original skyscraper top cap lol

Reactions: AstroTurf

AstroTurf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Yessir. Strange but I find the 810 top cap harbors a bit more juice than I prefer and while it makes he overall profile shorter I think the flavor is more focused with the original skyscraper top cap lol
It does indeed have a wider ledge than the stock cap, but it also has the spitback guard. I love that, it stops the ocassional pop from a coil.

Reactions: BLACKLION42
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread