May 22, 2010
Central GA
Last edited:
Reactions: stols001

Tabac man

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2019
London
They are a warm vape and can be a hot vape if not wicking fast enough to stay at a warm vape. I fixed it by using the long mode kit which makes the vape cooler. Without that kit I wouldn't use them as I don't like such a warm vape. I also use the xs centre pin but that's personal preference. It does quieten the noise a bit though. I found the standard centre pin would create a whistle with airflow tightened down the way I liked it. Not so with the xs pin. Still a loud tank though.

As for gurgling, well they don't if they are wicked right, except if a drop gets in the air hole under the coil, but that's not often nowadays. I don't understand the disappointment about flavour at all. These things are banging. So much so I had to dilute my DIY mixes considerably because they were just too much in the KFL19.

Reading other peoples preferences can be funny. I tried a Doggy and threw it in the bin. I thought it was cheap junk. Tried an Ares and threw it in the bin. That WAS junk. Tried a Ephro True, well that went in a drawer as it's fine just not the best. I tried a Hastur mini and yeah that went in the bin. Just a junky Doggy with a better airflow ring. Some people love this stuff though.

I'm happy with me one authentic KFL19 and two clones, all with extensions and smaller pins. I've found they don't do menthol very well but are off the hook with tobaccos. I very much doubt I will be trying any other RTA. I don't see the point. And I would rather have my eyes gouged out with a rusty boat hook than vape a custard flavour but some people love that stuff.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I've purchased and used a number of the "latest and greatest" MTL attys over the years. So far, none have taken the place of my EHPro Kayfun Lite V2's. I probably have about eight of those now and use a couple every day.

The compact attys don't impress me because most don't hold enough juice to go with me out of the house. An atty has to hold 4ml of juice to ride in my pocket when I'm going out. Even then, I usually have a 21700 battery box with a spare 18650 and a spare Kayfun. You never know when you'll get sidetracked and end up being away longer than you expected.

I recently bought the Ulton Kayfun Lite 2019 and have burned through a couple of tanks on it. It's probably going to be a frequently used atty for me.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
A couple of days ago my 24mm ULTON 'Kayfun Lite 2019' clone came in the mail. It was also ordered with the 24mm 'Long Mode' kit that increases the juice volume to 5 ml.

This was to be a replacement for the old 'Kayfun Lite-Plus V2' that I have been vaping on for the last 5 1/2 years.

The KF Lite 2019 was to be a direct and updated replacement for the old KF Lite-Plus V2. The KF Lite-Plus was truly one of the best Tootle-Puffer mouth to lung rebuildable atomizers ever manufactured, although it certainly is now an old design.

Well, the KF 2019 don't compare to the old KF Lite-Plus .....

1. The KF 2019 has too small of a chimney which causes it to be lacking in flavor, and produces a 'hot vape' due to the chimney's (vape chamber) overall small size.

2. The chimney is also really too short in that if you bring the coil up more than about 1 mm from the air hole in the atty's deck (which is right below the coil), the top of the coil will contact the top of the chimney and short out ... Keep the coil just high enough off the floor of the base so it don't make contact, but not too high or the coil will touch the top of the chimney (poor design).

3. The KF 2019 is a real 'gurgler' .... No matter how I would wick this thing, sooner or later it will start to gurgle (I tried every different wick style I could think of with no luck). My Kayfun Lite-Plus never gurgled like this.

4. Do to the design of the air inlet hole on the KF 2019, this atty tends to be noisy while vaping ... much noisier than the Kayfun Lite-Plus ever was ... Really get on your nerves after awhile (unless you use ear plugs while vaping) :)

5. I never was much of a fan of how the Kayfun Lite-Plus was refilled through the little screw on the bottom of the base, but removing the whole base section of the KF 2019 to refill it is a pain in the ... compared to refilling the old Kayfun Lite-Plus with it's tiny refill screw.

Bottom line ..... Do to the poor quality of the vape and the gurgling problem the new KF Lite 2019 has, I am going back to vaping my beloved Kayfun Lite-Plus V2.

My mistake ordering this 24mm Kayfun Lite 2019 clone.

And my second biggest mistake was ordering the smaller 22mm YFTK version of the Kayfun Lite 2019 that has not been delivered to me yet .... I may not even unbox it when it gets here.

Just my opinion folks ......

I'm using my 24mm Ulton Kayfun Lite 2019 here and there and reserving overly critical comments until after my top fill kit comes in from Fasttech. In its present standard configuration its a pain to fill and always gurgles afterward. Flavor isn't bad, but the KF Lite v2 beats it hands down for ease of use. Like any other new tank there's always some time to learn the nature of the beast.

Phil Busardo did a lengthy and thorough review (with a few negative comments) on the Svomesto original version(below).

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I apparently went all out and got the 22 and 24 clones of these suckers. I am hoping like, the lack of JFC will perhaps bring me joy and good tidings and all that.

They arrived 2 days ago and it's been a hell of a week. I think I will look at them admiringly for a while before trying to you know, set things up.

There are times (I am not by any means a natural builder, and it is not unusual (completely)f for me to enthusiastically BREAK my first one during my early attempts. Of course, then I have all sorts of spare parts, and like, it is fiscally responsible to replace it (and succeed, if all the winds are blowing in the right direction and etc.)

Sometimes I think my favorite RTA is the one I am JUST ABOUT to set up, but have not actually TOUCHED yet.

In which case, I am loving the heck out of both these KFL lights, they vape amazingly, I am sure of it.

Yeah, I might report back. We'll see what happens.

Anna

Reactions: Falconeer

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
They arrived 2 days ago and it's been a hell of a week. I think I will look at them admiringly for a while before trying to you know, set things up.

PBusardo's video will get you into the KF 2019 quite well. He's covered all the bases and highlighted the gotchas.

Keep the coil small and nest it into the V shaped deck. Make sure it's not touching the chimney or the deck surface by checking resistance after installing the chimney. The chimney is pretty small compared to a standard Kayfun and the deck is V-shaped instead of flat. I guess they did that to allow more juice capacity compared to the standard tall format Kayfun.

Filling is from the bottom. You have to remove the coil deck, invert the tank, and put the juice in up to the chimney level, and the screw the deck back in place. I'd rather that there was a fill screw on the bottom like a standard Kayfun.

ETA: At first I thought that the KF 2019 was too warm and I was miffed at the thought of removing the chimney to fill (and still am), but I ordered the top fill kit and it should be here in a week or so. That should make a difference.

I've kind of gotten used to the slight warmth in the vape. Turned down to 10 watts it's fine and 10 watts is where I tend to vape Kayfuns, anyway.

Last edited:
  • Useful

flexy123

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2009
I was a long-time KFL V2+ user and was not impressed by anything that SM put out later. KF V3, KF V5 Mini etc. I had a stint with the Berserker (I had the early version which you needed to flip so it didn't leak). And yes, I know the "hot vape" problem also. (This was one of the advantages of my trusty ol KFL V2+ as the large size of it makes for nice, cool vape).

And I was a long-time KFL V2+ vaper UNTIL....I discovered the wonders of the Dvarw. So if you don't have a Dvarw yet, check it out. No fiddling with JC, AFC, draw *spot on*, no whistling noises, no hot vape. And definitely better flavour than KFL. Just saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread