Kayfun Prime clone by Eyotech

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psihoza

Jun 8, 2018
Croatia
Havent seen much aboit this clone and I got it (from VapVip, Europe) so I though Ill share my experiances.

Lets start with verdict, which Im writing while vaping on it, with flow control fully closed, for half an hour now :)
I give it 3 ot of 5 stars.

Good sides:
- you get 5ml extension tube included
- o rings seems to be fine, not experiencing any issues others are talking about with some other clones
- when it works, vape is really good, better than anything I vaped (my best before this was Nautilus 2)
- quality of material and machinework seems very good, however I'm pretty sure design department got some numbers wrong

Bad sides:
- 510 screw does not protrude much. It couses 'atomizer short' very often, at least on my iStick Pico. NOT RECOMMENDED FOR UNREGULATED MODS!!! This often happens when you twist flow control. Or when you screw/unscrew it on the mod. Repeating it few times makes it ok. After fiddling with the screw (inserting more material to make screw protrude more) problem went away but now (although less often) I get "atomizer low".
- build deck screw heads are smaller than on original. It makes it harder to fix any wire thinner than 26ga. There is a workaround but its a pain until you learn some tricks
- flow control does not fully close (?? not confirmed, read below)
- top cap sometimes leaks a bit... Usually when I close airflow after tank was upside down (while I work on my deck). Changed o ring but still.
- airflow indicators (those little dots) are reversed. Workaround is to fit smallest hole to position with 6 dots. Now, 6 means most closed and 1 means moat open. Not too bad.

So, connection issues (screws and 510) make it easy for you to do it wrong. For your ohms to fluctuate and yoir build to behave weird. This will make a lot of your builds bad. That said, I also managed to make a lot of builds really good. Those never leaked, never gurgled, no dryhits even when chain vaping. Great flavor and vapor. Great behavior in TC.

Some of this might be my doing, this is my first RTA. But still, unpredictable results frustrate, at least when you have only one Prime so cannot vape when you make a bad build (all other tanks I have are no good after trying nicely setup Prime).

But in example, today, after theraly cleaning it again, I built Kanthal 6 wrap, 3mm, spaced coil like I had some time ago. Wicked it and tried it. Great! Closed flow control, filled half of my tank, opened flow control aboit 1,5 turns... A lot of gurgle! I closed flow control, hoping it will go away after a few long puffs but no. Went away for a few minutes and when came back I foind oit it leaked through the airhole. I blow in hard to clear it, few more drops came out... Cleaned it and from now on it was ok. But I still left my flow control closed!!! I've been vaping like this for 30 minutes, 1 ml gone from the tank, I see no bubbles going out! How is this possible, other than flow control does not seal very well? BTW, vape is great! :) Ill continue to see if I can empty the tank this way ;)

Anyway, SXK and YTFK are on the way. Couldnt find Ulton. Ill know more in time.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Frenchfry1942

Psihoza

Jun 8, 2018
Croatia
I have a clone from FastTeck it worked good for a week now it’s in the trash same problem, you might try the berserker midi I just got one I really like it it’s very similar in flavor
Oh I heard good things about Berserker mini and it's on my list. Just, focused on Primes for now, playing with clones until I buy the original. Then, probably Berserker mini. There are not many real tight MTL RTAs out there to try :)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Psihoza

Jun 8, 2018
Croatia
Thank-you! I had been considering the Prime, I think I will read about the Zeus.

Please don't judge Kayfun Prime by this clone. There are many clones and there is original one from SvoeMesto.

That said, Zeus is something else. KF Prime is pretty restricted MTL, like Berserker mini... while Zeus is far more open, not MTL at all.

Psihoza

Jun 8, 2018
Croatia
Update after a week or so...
Clone just got worse after a week. Maybe my comment about not having issues with orings was premature. It seems they started malfunctioning after about a week. However, difficult to be sure. There are several interconnected issues so it might be something else or a combination.

In short, I'd say biggest problem might be JFC not closing competely. It should seal the tank by tight sitting metal on metal, but it doesnt. It should not be a problem while vaping, as your JFC should be open anyway but it can create gurgling or leak after filling up.

I got original SvoeMesto spare pack today. It solved the small head screws problem. I Also dismantled everything, cleaned and changed all orings except on drip tip. Drip tip hole in the cap seems to be too small which makes it difficult to fit mouth peace even with clone orings. With original ones (and many other I have) almost impossible.

This time I also dissasembled base completely. Looking for other possible reasons for shorted atomizer problem and no atomizer problem. Haven't found any. Im still not 100% problem is in 510 pin not protruding much, because problem usually shows when messing with JFC.

First hour of using original orings and screws... This thing behaves 100% perfect again. No gurgle, no leak (even when refilling, but I speed this up now!). For now no atomizer shorting issues either.

But lets give it a few weeks.

Winblows

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2017
Copenhagen (UTC+1)
Buying clones is like raffle. They may look as the original, but sometimes you can be lucky, that they work like one (original).
My SXK clone of the Prime, at first was very disappointing after a superficial cleansing.
I had to disassemble it, thorough clean and reassemble. Now it's working as expected.
Maybe I'll will buy the original in the future.

Psihoza

Jun 8, 2018
Croatia
I agree but I guess nobody really expects 100% copy with no risk :) If youre willing to invest some time and risk some money, I find clones to be viable products for testing. Not quality vise, but functionally you can see if it fits you, how open/closed draw is, how building works, size, and somewhat also vape quality.

Generally I dont approve clones and appreciate designers/producers effort and copyright. I would never buy a clone that I dont intend to buy original. And Id pay 20, 30$ for that testing prior to shelling oit 140$. Maybe producers could give us 30$ test for 2 months? Then you either buy it or return it? If possible (which I dubt) Im pretty sure many people would not bother with clones.

Psihoza

Jun 8, 2018
Croatia
Update after 3 days and about 6 tanks with all orings replaced...

Everything works perfect and just about all problems out of the way. Even atomizer short errors dissapeared so now I think problem was not in 510 pin but in bad oring (inside base) or bad assembly. I've refilled, played with JFC alot, drove it in my pocket on the motorbike on 32 degrees celsius, dropped it few times from upright position to a side, chain vaped... Pretty all from my daily routine, but vape is consistently great and no leaking at all.

The only small problem remains and that is bad sealing of JFC when completely closed. Only issue with this is when you refill... You can get a small gurgling. But I do it fast now, keep top cap open for minimum time and refill only when completely dry. This stopped it. And if you're a bit slow refilling it's not too bad. Just vape 3,4 times before opening JFC and it goes away. No leaking.

Ill update initial post after a week with final review. Maybe it helps some future owners of this relatively rare clone for which I found very little info online.

Psihoza

Jun 8, 2018
Croatia
Here is the final update after almost 2 months using this. Mostly what changes is initally reported 510 pin problem. It's gone with orings replaced with originals so there's no need to fiddle with it. Also some experiences how to use it added.

----------

Lets start with verdict i give it 3 out of 5 stars. Is it working? Yes, after some fixes, vape is really good. Would I buy it again? No, because there are better ones. But if it was the only clone on the market I'd buy it and be relatively happy.

Good sides:
- you get 5ml extension tube included
- flavor and vape in general is really good.
- quality of material and machinework seems very good, however I'm pretty sure design department got some numbers wrong

Bad sides:
- build deck screw heads are smaller than on original. It makes it harder to fix any wire thinner than 26ga.
- flow control does not fully close! This causes gurgling/leaking when refilling.
- airflow indicators (those little dots) are reversed.
- with original orings this atty shorted occasionaly! Also, flow control was even worse, I could vape whole tank with flow controll fully closed

SOLUTIONS TO ISSUES:
- buy original SvoeMesto spare parts pack. You'll get new set of o-rings and screws. This resolves almost all problems above. Flow control stil does not close fully but is way better. Atty does not short anymore.
- to completely solve problem with flow control not closing fully, and avoid gurgling and leaking when refilling, here is what I do: a) before refilling, close airflow and vape till cotton becomes almost dry b) refill as fast as possible c) avoid refilling until tank is empty
- reverse airflow indicators you cannot do much with. But you can make them reverse. Disassemble it, put the smallest airflow hole on position 6 and assemble. Now position 6 is wide closed and position 1 is wide open. no biggy.

With all the above, now I manage to consistently make a really good build. Those never leak, never gurgle, no dry hits even when chain vaping. Great flavor and vapor. Great and consistent behavior in TC.

In the meantime I got SXK clone. It has none of those issues even with supplied o-rings (even if one of them is of wrong dimensions). However, I'm having trouble cleaning it (3 times already and still feel machine oil) so still this one is my nr.1 tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread