Kayfun Prime clone leaking with fully closed flow contro???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psihoza

Jun 8, 2018
Croatia
Ok, after 3 weeks of using this clone (Eyotech) i started having huge leaking problems. Im going to try to avoid standard discussion about wicking and o rings for now with a basic question:
When flow control is fully closed and tightened, shouldnt juice be completely sealed inside the tank? What seals it? My understanding is that metal flat part of the base closes holes in the bell as it is being screwed down. When totally screwed, it should be pretty closed and no o rings make that happen, only metal on metal?

The reason im asking is that my Prime clone now leaks so much that it actually happens after refil even while flow control is still completely closed! I guess even with no cutton at all this should not happen. One time I vaped half of the tank with FC fully closed!

I dont know what to until my two new (different clones arrive).

Reactions: stols001

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
You might want to go and check out this forum for the Kayfun Prime. They are discussing the original and the clones. Someone there will have heard or seen your problem. There are posts on page 1 talking about leaking. If you can vape it with the juice flow control closed, then you probably have an o-ring that's not sealing or the juice flow control is the culprit. Air gets in and juice goes out. Replacing o-rings one at a time or all at once should fix it unless there's a tolerance issue with the JFC.

Good luck.

Kayfun Prime by SXK or YFTK? (Attack of the clone)

• Useful

Psihoza

Jun 8, 2018
Croatia
Ive checked that one and many others related to leaking and clones. Im aware of at least 5 things to do, but I want to start with possible bad machinework which o rings and wicking cannot help with.

Thats why for starters Id like to know what exactly closes juice flow control on Prime. Is it o ring or two peaces of metal (bell and base) perfectly stuck together?

All those leacking problems in other forums are in 99% of cases not related to completely closed liquid control which makes this a bit unique case.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Optimistic

Psihoza

Jun 8, 2018
Croatia
Screwing tops on rtas force liquid. Try turning it upside down after a turn then finish.
Im quite sure its not the problem with Prime as they solved that with their cap design.

Also, at the moment im more interested to know how flow control closes tank as mentioned above.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread