Not open for further replies.

want to quit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Germany/ Atlanta, GA
Hey guys,

Had a question and wanted to see if any of you had some experience or tips.

Every time I fly whatever I have leaks due to the pressure in the cabin. I found some setups that work with the pressure but thats not the reason for this post.

My question is how do you guys carry your kayfuns while flying? I honestly don't see any way other than having it empty and filling it after landing or else this thing will completely leak out by the time I arrive.

Or is there a magic way to enjoy your kayfun at the airport and after landing you dont end up with a empty tank and a pocket full of juice?

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
Yep. Turn it upside down, blow through the airhole to remove any juice that is in the deck/chimmney, (to keep it from dribbling out the drip tip) and keep it that way until the plane has reached cruising altitude. Do the same when the plane starts descending for the landing approach.

Edit: If you plan to stealth vape while flying, it's a $3,000 fine for vaping in the cabin, and $5,000 for vaping in the bathroom. I have not yet been caught, and I'm not sure how "they" could actually catch someone stealth vaping? If you don't plan to vape on the flight, just leave it upside down the whole time.

Last edited:

want to quit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Germany/ Atlanta, GA
Fantastic insight guys and much appreciated. Really didn't want to empty that bad boy before departure and fill it back up after an 11hr flight at 6am in the morning.

I'll follow your advice and hope everything works out. Much much appreciated everyone.

FYI I really start to love these kayfuns after some big time issues I had with them in the past.

want to quit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Germany/ Atlanta, GA
Not planning on vaping inflight maybe a quick toot here or there but thats about it. Just don't want to arrive with a pocket full of castle long lol.

Yep. Turn it upside down, blow through the airhole to remove any juice that is in the deck/chimmney, (to keep it from dribbling out the drip tip) and keep it that way until the plane has reached cruising altitude. Do the same when the plane starts descending for the landing approach.

Edit: If you plan to stealth vape while flying, it's a $3,000 fine for vaping in the cabin, and $5,000 for vaping in the bathroom. I have not yet been caught, and I'm not sure how "they" could actually catch someone stealth vaping? If you don't plan to vape on the flight, just leave it upside down the whole time.

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
...FYI I really start to love these kayfuns after some big time issues I had with them in the past.

You might want to look into the Heron atomizer. Vapes about the same as a Kayfun, It's easier to fill, and is leakproof. As far as I know, it's the only atty that will not leak during flight, temperature changes, and elevation changes.

want to quit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Germany/ Atlanta, GA
I am going to buy one when they come back for sale my only issue with them is the sound on the draw.

And here is the question. Do you use the filling material like on the spheroid or can you just fill the top part with liquid and go?

You might want to look into the Heron atomizer. Vapes about the same as a Kayfun, It's easier to fill, and is leakproof. As far as I know, it's the only atty that will not leak during flight, temperature changes, and elevation changes.

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
I am going to buy one when they come back for sale my only issue with them is the sound on the draw.

And here is the question. Do you use the filling material like on the spheroid or can you just fill the top part with liquid and go?
For the leak-proof experience, you need to use filling material. I've never used filler material, only fill mine like a tank and go. In normal use, I've had less leakage than with my Kayfun, only slight seepage from the airhole after leaving the tank filled for a week.

Disclaimer:
My experience is based off of both the clone version of both the Kayfun and Heron, not the genuine article. I've vaped off the authentics, but never owned one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread