Kayfun vs ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirtybirdy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2014
Georgia
So I am looking for an RBA under $40 so obviously a clone.

I have had a Kayfun in the past an it was alright. I did like the setup on it as it was nice and easy.

I want a RBA that will hold 4 - 7ml of juice. I also want to be able to run single coils not duals but would like the option maybe later down the road.

I want to run the RBA probably at around 1-1.3 ohms.

Air flow is a must. When I use the nautilus or Aerotank Mega I have the air hole on the biggest or wide open so I would like the holes to be about the same size.

I would also like the flavor to be above par. I didn't find that the Kayfun was that great on flavor.

I would also like a decent amount of vapor. It does not have to be huge like RDAs but would like a decent amount.

Can anyone suggest a nice clone that have most of the above or all attributes. Thanks.

Skauth

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2013
Austin, Texas
I no longer have the Kayfun. This was a while ago when I had it.

I had no problems with it but the "hype" around it was not true for me.

The hype rarely does. Everyone is different! Well, in that case I will have to defer to people vaping the latest RTAs. I haven't bought one since my Kayfun.

dirtybirdy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2014
Georgia
Eleaf Lemo, I'm running around 1.1 ohm coil around 17 watts on my Cana Clone DNA 30, 5 ml of juice...it's pretty much Kayfun with much better air flow, pyrex tank and bigger deck to build on...

This looks interesting. I will be using a Hana Modz V3 so this would actually be perfect. I may give this a try. Thanks.

dirtybirdy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2014
Georgia
I would at least try refining your Kayfun setup a bit. I admit flavor is subjective, but IMO the flavor from a Kayfun type device is about as good as it gets right now.

To each their own of course. But if you're unimpressed with the Kayfun, it MAY not just be the device.

Good luck!

Which Kayfun do you recommend if I were to try it again which I'm not opposed too doing.

porkchopbun

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2013
Northern CALI, USA
Which Kayfun do you recommend if I were to try it again which I'm not opposed too doing.

I own the authentic HCigar Kayfun 3.1, Russian 91% v1, Kayfun lite v2 plus, 3 x Ehpro Kayfun lite v2 plus, Ehpro Kayfun lite v2 plus dual air hole, and I recently bought the Black Edition Kayfun lite v2 plus (custom mod creations) that I didn't even open because of the Eleaf Lemo...
The HCigar Kayfun 3.1 had the best air flow, but but refilling can be pain the .... for some and Russian was great but had ....y center post pin, the Kayfun lite v2 hit all the same whether authentic or not...

But before I bought Eleaf Lemo....a youtube reviewer recommended these , it made a world difference in my Kayfuns, Magma , and other flavor drippers...the narrow drip tips intensifies the flavor big time...you can probably pick up one at local vape shop if you don't want wait two weeks from China.
https://www.fasttech.com/p/1527400

Yeah..they aren't the prettiest/cooliest..but they work very well..and they are actually well made...gone through many washes with Dawn/Sonic washers etc..no issues..

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
NO RBA is any better than the persons build capabilities.

My recommendation would be to pick one device, Kayfun or otherwise and not jump around. Build and rebuild until you have figured out ways to get even more than others claim. Yes, it is doable.
Keep your Wick swap tanks to get you by as you progress. Eventually you will find them less than satisfying as your builds get better.

One of my Very Best RBA's is a $12.87 (FT)PMMA Kayfun Lite converted to Nano. Not even a Plus, i.e. no AFC.
Minor modifications and a excellent working build have made it my favorite Go to and it seems to always deliver. :)

Scy123

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2014
Canada
The kraken matches all your criteria's. Except it only holds 2.5ml. You can run it dual or single coil. Has adjustable airflow, I find wide open it is fully adequate. I run it with ekowool wrapped stainless steel wire rope at .5ohm but I can go all the way down to .3ohm without any wicking problems and I chain vape it all day. Depending on build it will defiantly produce more vapor then any kayfun and is much like an rda in terms of vapor production. Flavor is also way better then my kayfun with this build. Also it is only $12 on fasttech which is a better version then the more expensive hcigar, bigger wick holes and less flashing.

Only downside, which might be a big one is that it must be kept upright or it will leak.

QfPHOr.jpg

Last edited:

Hemptation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2014
Ridgeland,MS
Taifun GT is a good rebuild able tank for flavor. I prefer it over my kayfuns and foggerd. When it comes to flavor It's about 30$ for a clone. And holds about 5 mils. You can also take the deck off without taking the juice out There is no air flow adjustment. But there are tricks to opening up the airflow. N I have modified mine and I love it Single coil action And it hits like a beast from 1-1.6 ohm on my provari or my 4-9 or my Hana

This is the first I have seen of this eleaf. I will probably give it a try to. Cause I am a flavor junkie. But I always tend to stray back to my taifun

Smann245

Aug 16, 2014
USA
Ummm......the build is only part of it. The electricity being supplied to it is pretty important. A quality Kayfun with a proper build will perform like crap if its under or over powered. OP, you said you tried Kayfuns in the past. What power supply did you have? My Kayfun's performance on an MVP is good at the 11w limit, but on my DNA 30 at 17.5w it's spectacular. If you couldn't run your Kayfun hard enough in the past, try one now with your higher power device and see what you might have been missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread