The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

KBV be oh be's OMG review (fangirl rave)

Discussion in 'General E-Liquid Reviews' started by atsirk, Jan 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. atsirk

atsirk Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 20, 2010
    Lake Oswego, Oregon
    I don't gush. I'm not the fangirl type. BUT...

I was going to wait until the KBV site was up and running, but I read so many great reviews I just had to place an order. Before I say anything about the juices let me just say - in my search for that elusive all-day vape I have bought a LOT of juices, from many vendors. I read beaucoup reviews, and bought sample sizes (when I could, larger if not) of over a hundred juices, all from highly recommended vendors. 90% of those juices found new homes via PIF, and I got lots more to sample there as well. I had finally settled on my 'go-tos', and was happy with them - everything else I tried paled in comparison. I do love me some BWB and Vaperite.

But then...OMG (KBV be oh be's OMG to be precise).

Yep - I got my shipment from KBV (in 2 days!!). Opened the package (with a nice handwritten note from Missy & offspring too) and warmed the bottle of OMG in my hands. A few drops on a bridgless atty on my Riva, a moment for the juice to settle.

O.M.G.! It's so good. It's creamy, it's sweet (but not cloying), it's got some of everything in there. There's a hint of milk chocolate (but not overpowering) and a taste of coffee (like a creamy breva latte), a touch of butterscotch/caramel with a ghost of dulce de leche, drizzled over maybe poundcake or cheesecake, or maybe a cookie dipped in all of the previous... suffice it to say it's all there. Everthing you ever wanted in a vape. Nice thick clouds of vapor, and flavor beyond flavor - but subtle. No unpleasant aftertaste. No flavor overshadows the other, it's really well balanced - and very aptly named. OMG.

Yep, I like it lol. Haven't lifted any other bottle since I tried it. Pretty sure I've replaced my all-day vape - or at the least, gained another!

As for the other KBV flavors I've tried, they've all been spot-on. Tootsie Rolly tastes just like the real thing. Same with Maple Frosted Rolls, Monkey Bread, Rice Crispity Treats - even the Chocolate Covered Pretzels. I haven't yet tried the Skipping Stones - I'll have to put down the OMG to review, and I'm not sure I'm ready to do that.

Puff Puff Yumm.

2. dgreen

dgreen Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 4, 2009
    WI
    Wow - All I keep hearing about is KBV. I dont think I have heard one bad review of their jooses. So yesterday I placed an order for some Monkey Bread and Caramel Capp. I hope they are as good as they sound.

3. Godzilla

Godzilla Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Sep 3, 2010
    Northern California
    I have to agree with this post. Caramel Capp is the bomb!!!!! I also have tried all the other ones mentioned and a few others. There has been only one I have tried I did not care for, and its not even on their menu.

Their juices are very atty friendly, and if you are looking for a flavorful, desserty flavor, I highly recommend them. None of their juices are overly sweet, but most have a sweet tone to them. They are also developing Tobaccos, and i lov the Crossfire trail too.

I also want to add to this post for anyone not familiar with them. Kick Bass Vapor, and their ordereing thread is very active in the forum. Their website should be up any day, or any minute. Missy and Bob are good people, and their ordering thread is quite the hoot.

Great review by the way.

4. JudgeVape

JudgeVape Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 16, 2011
    D.C./Maryland
    The actual flavor of OMG is delicious. I get some mild coffee notes over toffee with a touch of vanilla in the blend as well. That being said, I was a little disappointed with the strength of the flavor. Dripped into both a 510 LR and a Cisco 306, it just doesn't bring much flavor to the table. TH is also pretty weak, although considering the 60% VG that shouldn't be much of a surprise.

5. NCVapingLady

NCVapingLady Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 20, 2009
    Statesville, NC
    I think it all boils down to the type of PV you are using, the type of the atty, etc. and of course, individual taste buds. IMHO, I get loads of flavor from OMG, however, I drip using a LR801, so maybe that could be the major diff here. I do agree with the TH, although I don't mind as I don't need a huge TH the majority of the time anyways.
    Happy:vapor:!

6. bonniegirl

bonniegirl Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 18, 2009
    South Jersey USA
    The beauty.....all get something different from OMG
    I get NO coffee...............just a lot of creamy lusciousness
    see, I am no reviewer
    I am just a taster.............and my taster tells me it is a 10 /10 on the taste-o-meter

7. aubergine

aubergine Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 22, 2010
    MD
    Damn, I wish he'd hurry and get OMG and maple danish and pineapple shake and monkey bread and ... others... back in stock (says real soon) - and ya, the caramel cap is terrific. KBV is the best thing to come down the pike for a good while... and I have a zillion juices from just about everyone raved about in here, too. Huzzah!

8. keyzygirl

keyzygirl ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Aug 10, 2009
    Key West,Fl.
    The OMG dripped on a standard 901 atty at 5v is wonderful!

9. Gardner808

Gardner808 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Feb 1, 2011
    GA
    I am a newb here, so bear with me.

You say they don't have a website yet. So, ummm... How do you place an order?

And I use a Bloog MaxxFusion with Carts. Is an artisan juice like KBV worth it for me or should I just skip them?

10. distorting a code

distorting a code Full Member

Jan 14, 2011
    California
    he has a site now:
    CandyPress

i just bought some omg thanks to this review :p

hopefully it gets here tomorrow

11. NCVapingLady

NCVapingLady Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 20, 2009
    Statesville, NC
    Unfortunately, KBV had to temporarily disable their store, see post below. The original post is here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/e-cigarette-suppliers-forum/144355-kick-bass-vapor-season-open-come-wet-carto-atty-ordering-thread.html

I don't know how the KBV juices will work with the MaxxFusion, but many members use it on their cartos and it works fine for them. I normally just drip myself, but have used a carto with KBV and it worked fine for me as well. Their prices are very, very decent, so pick yourself out a bottle and give it a whirl! :)

12. yorkiegirl

yorkiegirl Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 27, 2011
    Tennessee
    I like OMG but my favorite is Caramel Cappuccino. I'm vaping it as I'm sitting here right now.

13. bonniegirl

bonniegirl Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 18, 2009
    South Jersey USA

I have used KBV e-liquids in their proprietary PG/VG mixture in the following manners with equal results........
    dripping
    cartos
    cartomizers
    clearomizers
    all wicked well....tasted spot on and .......well....I admit.......I have also licked a droplet off the finger......

14. Jennie O

Jennie O Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 1, 2011
    N Texas
    Thank you all for the KBV shopping list! ::drooling::

Dang, all those goodies OP mentioned are out of stock...I'll keep watching!

15. Gardner808

Gardner808 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Feb 1, 2011
    GA
    Thanks for the feedback!

I guess I know where I'll be ordering from when their site is back online!!!

I did browse their site and wrote down a wishlist. Between their flavor selection and the tasty juices I got from Awesome Vapor, I might have just found my suppliers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.