Keep it Simple

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derwoodski

Dec 11, 2018
Florida
I’m looking at that and guessing it’s about a .5 to .6 build. Does that fire worth a damn on the Pulse?
Actually comes in at .14 it's a parallel wrap 24g kanthal. hits great on the pulse mech with a 20700. Hit pretty decent on 18650 too just wouldn't last as long

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Reactions: stols001

Murphy2278

Sep 2, 2018
Actually comes in at .14 it's a parallel wrap 24g kanthal. hits great on the pulse mech with a 20700. Hit pretty decent on 18650 too just wouldn't last as long

I see. I must have missed the part about the parallel. Makes sense now. And also, that’s bordering on way too fancy for this thread. Lol

Murphy2278

Sep 2, 2018
XACTLY [emoji38]

So you got me wanting to do a parallel build and I like spaced coils. Stumbled across some older vids on YouTube. You make a 3 strand parallel and pull the most inside wire back out, leaving a nicely spaced coil.

Attachments

• C7290A49-13D4-49A7-9A51-11C9F9784CFD.jpeg
    C7290A49-13D4-49A7-9A51-11C9F9784CFD.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 31

Derwoodski

Dec 11, 2018
Florida
So you got me wanting to do a parallel build and I like spaced coils. Stumbled across some older vids on YouTube. You make a 3 strand parallel and pull the most inside wire back out, leaving a nicely spaced coil.
Nice...And simple [emoji38] but how does it vape?

Murphy2278

Sep 2, 2018
Nice...And simple [emoji38] but how does it vape?

I think it’s becoming one of my favorite builds. Flavor is excellent. It comes in at .14, which is quite low for my single coil rda’s, but it’s definitely working. It won’t be the last one I throw in, that’s for sure. As it breaks in, it just keeps getting better.

Derwoodski

Dec 11, 2018
Florida
I think it’s becoming one of my favorite builds. Flavor is excellent. It comes in at .14, which is quite low for my single coil rda’s, but it’s definitely working. It won’t be the last one I throw in, that’s for sure. As it breaks in, it just keeps getting better.
Kanthal or SS?

Murphy2278

Sep 2, 2018
Kanthal or SS?

This is SS. I use SS 99% of the time. I know it’s always a debate between spaced or regular. Idk if it's in my head or what, but I’ve always liked the spaced. I did a parallel before this and it was good, but I think this is better.

Last edited:

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2012
Alberta, Canada
Coils choice all comes down to the surface area. Exotic coils like framed staple have the most. Twisted coils have a lot. Round wire has the least. Spaced coils have more surface area than contact coils. More surface area means more vapor, more flavor, and higher juice consumption.
Your next consideration is residue. If you use a simple juice like menthol, fruit or unflavored, this won't be an issue. If you use complex bakery flavors then you get buildup, and coils with nooks and crannies won't be the best choice.
When you use large coils that dissipate a lot of heat, exotics have an additional benefit: the surface area helps them cool down more rapidly because they are made up of many high gauge wires instead of a few low gauge wires, so they're less prone to scorching.
Then there's your choice of metal. I find Ni80 is superior to Kanthal for flavor and it seems to heat up more easily. I haven't tried any others yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread