Keep your gear clean!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
I'm going to take us all back to vaping 101...KEEP YOUR GEAR CLEAN!!!

Now that I have you attention, this is a very important aspect of keeping your APVs up and running. It happens to all of us, I don't care how careful we are, cartos and atty users alike will get little drips from the bottom and sometimes never even notice. Over time, this builds up in the connection and may seep under the cap, causing shorting or switch problems.

Check your top cap every day, once a week clean out the well, threads and screw area with a paper towel wetted with alcohol. If you use an adapter, use a sealed one! If you can't buy a sealed one in your size, seal it yourself. On the side that attaches to your battery, cover it with masking tape and poke a hole in the center. Put some JB Weld in the hole...just a tiny bit, remove the tape and let it dry over night. Thank you Markfm for adapter sealing instructions!

Make sure your screws stay snug but don't over tighten them. Clean your battery ends, charger contacts and the contact up inside the APV tube with a pencil eraser every once in a while.

Failures happen, it's the nature of the beast...but you can avoid a lot of problems by following these tips :)

Last edited:

Rosco

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2010
KCMO:>)
That's what she said.....:oops:

I'm going to take us all back to Vaping 101...KEEP YOUR GEAR CLEAN!!!

just cutting to the chase here.....most original text deleted.....

Make sure your screws stay snug but don't over tighten them.

Failures happen, it's the nature of the beast...but you can avoid a lot of problems by following these tips :)

Words of Wisdom...by someone ..Bov..who knows...inia..:vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread