Key Lime Pie liquid in reo grand

Status
Not open for further replies.

rstreet55

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2011
NC
It tastes great! but it has ruined my grand (sort of)!! After trying to switch flavors and cartos, I still kept getting that lime flavor in every vape. So I took everything apart, cleaned it, flushed hot water through the little hose, everything I could think of. The taste/smell is still there! It's driving me crazy and ruining my vaping experience greatly. Any ideas? I don't like the taste of lime waffles. >=(

rstreet55

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2011
NC
I couldn't seem to pull the tube off so I rigged up a slow-leak system with a syringe to slowly pass the alcohol through the tube over a few minutes time while I do some chores. On a good note, I found if you combine virgin vapor's key lime pie with some vapealicious gooey butter cake, you can get a true key lime pie (crust and all) juice lol. just make sure you don't use it in a bottom feeder! xD

Mudflap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Tyler, Texas
Fill the bottle slam full with PGA, vodka, or the highest percentage isopropyl alcohol you can buy locally. Install the full bottle in your Reo just as you do when you fill it with juice. Dump some more of your alcohol in the reservoir. Squonk the bottle to force the air out of the tube. It will suck alcohol back down. Top off your reservoir with more alcohol.

Now every surface that comes in contact with your juice is effectively submerged in alcohol and you didn't have to disassemble anything other than removing the bottle from the cap.

Let it set for as long as you can stand it, dump the alcohol, rinse everything out with hot water from the tap, and set it out to dry. I use a fan pointed at my Grand to speed the drying.

Now I want some key lime pie juice.

rstreet55

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2011
NC
Soaking everything in alcohol seemed to work! I could still smell some lime juice on the tube even after 2hr of soaking but I can't taste any now. I'm so happy, I was getting depressed thinking I was going to have to put my reo up on the shelf until a new tube came. Thanks all for the suggestions! [=

However, I would like to know how to remove the tube. I spent 15min trying to pull the damn thing off and couldnt get it to budge. If I were to finally get it off, I don't see how I would be able to fit it back on snugly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread