Status
Not open for further replies.

Kris2527

Dec 20, 2010
Oklahoma
I have a question.. I love a few of kbv's flavors, but some of the ones everyone else like have a funny taste to me. It's the same strange taste in a few different juices, so I guess a certain flavoring in common doesn't work for me. The two that I noticed it most strongly in were MAW. And RKT. It makes me hesitate to try other flavors so, I was hoping someone could pinpoint what flavor these have in common and maybe suggest a few that do not have it?

ParrotLover

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2011
Southern California
I have a question.. I love a few of kbv's flavors, but some of the ones everyone else like have a funny taste to me. It's the same strange taste in a few different juices, so I guess a certain flavoring in common doesn't work for me. The two that I noticed it most strongly in were MAW. And RKT. It makes me hesitate to try other flavors so, I was hoping someone could pinpoint what flavor these have in common and maybe suggest a few that do not have it?

Hey Kris... Sounds like maybe your taste buds aren't diggin' something used in the bakery/dessert type joose. How 'bout maybe trying the fruity flavors like Cool Watermelon, Peaches and Cream or even Pineapple Shake? You might have better luck with those.

It can be frustrating at times but hang in there. You'll find something that will keep your taste buds happy.

Good luck and let us know how it goes ;)

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011

The two you mention are a rice-based flavor (MAW is like a rice pudding and RKT is, well, like Rice Krispy Treats). I don't know how they make the rice flavoring, but I love both of these. I'm sorry it's not doing it for you! If you are noticing it in the others, maybe it's the sweetener or something. boB or yssiM might be able to help!

The Ice Cream flavors are awesome too, by the way! Try those too!

My guess would be vanilla or possibly butter. Hope you find some that work for you! Pineapple Shake is an excellent choice! Sooo yummy :) Peppermint Icecream is super good too.

Janet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2008
Akron OH USA
Just stoppin' by to say Hi! Hope everyone is alright. I sure miss that special window in time of daily Hidey Hole adventures. It was getting to the point where I didn't feel my day was complete without reading this thread. Sometimes when I skipped a day or a few, I would spend maybe hours reading everything and watching all the videos. It was like an addiction, but mostly in a good way, like a good habit, ya know?

I moved on September 1st which happened about the same time KBV got their own ECF Supplier Forum. I just now am feeling like I have recovered from having my world turned upside down. I still need to unpack and organize all the stuff that is sitting in the big bedroom, which I chose to make into my sewing/arts/crafts workroom.

I actually bought a variable volt box mod to see what all the fuss was about. I hardly ever use it, but it's good to have on hand if some joose is too weak or strong or the carto is beginning to show a decrease in performance. Also good to have for using some of the higher ohm V4L CoolCarts cartomizers that are still unopened.

I guess I like to keep things as simple as possible at this point in my life, so mostly I use my trusty ego passthrough or ego/riva batts, with either Boge LR cartos, dual coils, or Smokeless Image Volt cartos with a 901>510 adapter.

I do some DIY and have discovered a way for me to go totally zero nic without feeling deprived. I got some "Flash" made by FlavourArt and am now using a couple of my DIY e-liquids with no nicotine. Nicotine for me seems to make it taste better, along with providing some throat hit, and about 6 drops of Flash added to a 10 ml bottle of flavored joose does the trick (not exactly the same, but close enough for me - YMMV). I am not trying to totally give up nicotine as it seems to be a stimulant that helps me focus a little better and to not feel so tired. But, it's really reassuring to know that if I didn't have access to nicotine, it wouldn't be a problem. I was more "addicted" to the physical act of smoking rather than the need for a nicotine fix, which vaping has totally replaced.

I try new ready-made jooses from time to time, but so far, none have tasted as good as my 2 favorites from KBV (Momma's Angel Wings and Maple Frosted Rolls).

Anybody going to VapeStock 2012? I just read about it in Madvapes' email newsletter. They are having a contest and the prize is (as quoted from their website):
"A trip for (2) to Vapestock, June 8th through June 10th, 2012 at the Holiday Inn Harbourside, 401 Second St, Indian Rocks Beach, FL 33785. Trip includes: (i) roundtrip coach air travel from a major commercial airport, within the Continental U.S., near the winners residence, as determined by Madvapes LLC in its sole discretion, to Tampa International airport in Tampa Florida, (ii) round trip transfers to and from the airport/hotel in Tampa, (iii) (2) nights hotel accommodations (double occupancy, single room) at the Holiday Inn Harbourside, 401 Second St, Indian Rocks Beach, FL 33785 (room fee and tax fee only), (iv) $250 Visa Gift Card. There are no other prizes or compensations other than described in the prize description above. All other expenses not included in the contest description are the sole responsibility of the contest winner and guest. Contest winner and guest must travel on the same travel itinerary." Their drawing is to take place on or near April 4th.

It is being sponsored by a lot of vendors, so I imagine they will be having contests too. Wouldn't it be great to spend that much time in a nice place with a whole bunch of other people who vape? I mean, other than online, I hardly even know anybody else who vapes. I do have a co-worker that was curious about my e-cig and now she and her husband both vape instead of smoking. She is now more of a friend to me than just another co-worker and it's so much fun comparing our toys and flavors. We have to "sneak" getting out our PVs to try each other's "joose of the day" because e-cigs got included in the smoking ban. The smokers now have to walk all the way to the edge of the premises outside in order to have a few puffs. Me, I just go to the "one holer" ladies room. I miss my "real" breaks though, which consisted of getting up to walk around the lobby and/or the parking lot while vaping 2 or 3 times for about 10 minutes during my work shift. I sit at a computer to do my job and if I don't get up and move around after a couple hours, I am kinda like the tin man on the Wizard of Oz.

So, whatcha all been doin' lately?

Janet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2008
Akron OH USA
Hi there everyone, old and new!
Haven't been here for a long time now...still in the process of moving...everyone knows how much a pain moving is especially if you're doing it yourself LOL.

Will try to come by now and again. I do miss the hidey hole gang.

Hey there Bullet. As Bill Clinton would say, "I feel your pain." Really, I do - moving, especially if you're doin' it yourself, has got to be one of the worst jobs in the world. I miss you too and feel the same about the thread. So sad. Anyway, I hope you get settled in soon and to feeling like your new place is home.

reptilr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2010
Melbourne, Australia

For me the MAW has a very strong rice pudding flavour and while the joose is excellent im not a fan of rice pudding in real life. But i love the RKT. I dont taste any similarites in the Ice Cream flavours at all, as said above it may be a flavouring of the bakery range or the pudding part that comes through? I cant answer that one as everyone is different. For me i didnt quite like the strawberry pie (sorry) but i love the strawberry ice cream. The Crisp cola and LOL original are spot on and im loving those, along with the IC - marion/mocha/strawberry. I wish you well and know you will find something you do like and when that happens you'll be in heaven :)

ParrotLover

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2011
Southern California
is there a current KBV discount? do they offer discounts? i want to try a few jooses. any info would be great. TIA!

Hi Jonny.... Welcome to the Hidey Hole ;)

KBV doesn't really offer any coupon codes. I believe they just keep their prices very reasonable, then this way, everybody can benefit from trying (and return purchasing) their yummy jooses.

I know that sometimes it can be a li'l nerve wracking ordering from a new vendor.... We've all been there BUT I will say that I've never been disappointed with KBV joose. I stumbled across them via word of mouth and I'm sooooo glad I did :D

I'm not exactly sure what types of flavors you like but I strongly recommend the Rice Krispity Treat and Warm Sugar Cookie jooses. They absolutely DELISH!!!

In my most recent order, I decided to try out their Cool Watermelon.... Happens to be what I have in my DCT MAP tank at the moment, rockin' it on my ProVari at 4.6 volts with a 2.5 ohm dual coil carto. A very satisfying vape :thumbs:

Other flavors many enjoy (including myself) is the Pineapple Shake, Gooey Better Cake and Caramel Cookie.

Regardless of what your taste buds desire, I think you'd be quite pleased with what ever you order :vapor:

Don't wait weeks to place your order like I did at first.... Just get some!

Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread