Kick gets funky below certain voltages...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard75

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Pennsylvania
I've had my Kick for about 2 months or so, and I've been using it mainly with my EA Mod and two 18650 EH IMR, flat tops I have (I've got some AW's on the way, because I hear they're some of the best). I've also just been using a carto tank, with a LR carto. The EH batteries are maybe 6 months old. My Kick works fantastic when the batteries are fresh off the charger (so much so that I'm worried I can't go back to just an unregulated vape haha).

However, I've noticed that when my batteries get to about 3.7 volts, the Kick gets a bit finnicky and I have to adjust the pressure on it a bit before it fires perfectly and doesn't sputter. This happens on both of my 18650's. Evolv says that the Kick sputters when the battery gets below 3.2 volts under load, and I can't see how the EA Mod and a LR cartomizer can suck up 0.5 volts.

My question: am I wrong in my voltage assumption, is there something wrong with the Kick, or am I using sub-par batteries, or all of the above?

Richard75

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Pennsylvania
Make sure that little brass contact piece (on the kick) is making a good connection. I heard sometimes you might have to sand the inside of the pv where it is making contact with the kick.

That tends to only be a problem on aluminum mods where the inside of the tube is painted or anodized. The EA Mod is pure stainless inside and out, and the fact that it works perfectly on a fully charged battery makes me think it's a problem with the output of the battery itself.

I originally thought it was an issue with the flat top of the battery making a connection with the bottom of the Kick, and the more I think of it the more that explanation makes sense, but why when the battery gets to 3.7 volts and under? Hmmmm...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread