Evolv Kick vs. Fasttech Kick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpdp

Nov 23, 2013
Haifa, Israel
I have both original Evolv Kick and 9$ FT Kick. I use them in Chi You clone with Efest 18350 battery topped by KFL+ at 1.5 ohm cotton yarn. Evolv Kick stops working when battery is about 3.6 volts (as it is stated in manual), but FT Kick stops on 3.3V, and gives me 2 times more vaping time. I do not see any vape difference, both produce great vape.
It looks like cheap FT Kick clone performs better than USA-made original, which is strange and wrong.
May be I do not understand something?
Shall I use FT Kick or original Evolv kick?
What about safety of both devices?
Will Kick 2 behave differently?

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
Evolv........it stops where it stops for a reason.

Yup...to provide the wattage selected in any VV or VW mod or kick the electronics takes the 3.7 volts from the battery and boosts it by increasing the amperage drawn from the battery. With a kick the wattage selected determines how much boost / amperage drawn. As the battery voltage drops, to attain the same wattage, same vape, it needs to draw ever increasing amps from the battery.

The Evolv cuts out at a higher battery voltage to avoid over stressing the battery, drawing too many amps...:)

Last edited:

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
18350 will work fine with a kick, they just won't last a very long time before they are discharged, carry spares in a plastic short proof container

I have 3 of the FT kicks...working like a champ...only thing is, you need to provide short protection either thru conformal coating or putting heat shrink on it, ask me how I know :glare:

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
You use whichever you are satisfied with.
Original Kick was designed as it was to do a job.
Sigelei Kick was designed to mimic Evolve Kick and works well
Smok and Fasttech Kicks were improvements on Sigelei - increased stability and increased wattage to 12w
Kick2 came from a need to UPDATE and make a long over due change boosting Evolve to 15w
Crown enter the game adding audio and custom program ability.

All of these units are good in their design and preference is likely the largest purchasing factor in choosing one over another.

PaulBHC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
Arizona
Hi, new to all this.

Read some reviews at madvapes and people complained about dead units. Are these fused? If so, one time fuse or resetting like a ShortStop by Holocron Labs?

I just bought a Kamry K300 and am worried about the bottom mounted push button getting activated by accident during my day. Should I get a one time fuse ~$4 or a ShortStop ~$9 or a kick? I have an MVP that I set modestly.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Hi, new to all this.

Read some reviews at madvapes and people complained about dead units. Are these fused? If so, one time fuse or resetting like a ShortStop by Holocron Labs?

I just bought a Kamry K300 and am worried about the bottom mounted push button getting activated by accident during my day. Should I get a one time fuse ~$4 or a ShortStop ~$9 or a kick? I have an MVP that I set modestly.

Fuse and Kick are totally different things.
Fuse to protect against short
Kick to regulate output power

Lock your Mod before pocketing. - If you cannot get into this habit - LEAVE IT HOME - (Vape Safe Fuse)

Likely 90%+ of so called DOA not working units are New users with no clue to function.
All contact points should be cleaned on receipt. (3 in total)
Inside of any tube where the Kick Ground contact will rest MUST be clean metal.
Coil Resistance of any Device being used must NOT be lower than Kicks low ohm Rating.

dpdp

Nov 23, 2013
Haifa, Israel
This mod does not have a lockout, that is why I am looking at solutions. It is a bottom button with firm spring but still...
If it do not have locking mechanism, I suggest you to find another mod, or at least do not take it out of your home. Kick (and any other device) will not help you to prevent accidental firing.

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
Paul is right - his K300 bottom switch does not lock. I would recommend a fuse that resets, as the one-time ones could cost more over time, and if one does it's job, you are left without it's protection until you get another. Too bad Kamry overlooked what I consider to be a required feature on a bottom button mechanical mod.

PaulBHC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
Arizona
Thanks for all the replies.

It is a Kamry K300

I will probably get the ShortStop resetting fuse anyway but realize that will not stop a >10 second button press.

The Kamry K100 or 101 comes with a lockout. I wonder if it will fit in the tube. Or some other brand. I like the rest of the mod, hate to leave it at home since I bought it for work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread