Kick section with button?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickSteel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2012
Napa, California
I wish someone would design a kick tube section with an integrated side button for mechs. It would instantly convert a Nemesis clone or other mech into a small, rugged VW pseudo mod with a Poldiac style button. There's already a grounding spur on the side of kicks that could be utilized for a simple button switch. Integrating the two would allow for a short tube section.

(Wife and niece like my Nemesis clone, but not the bottom button):)

NickSteel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2012
Napa, California
There are many mech's with side buttons that the kick will work in just fine.... just saying.....

I know, I know. Just wishing for the ultimate side button / kick. The most compact possible, where the kick and switch occupy the same standard kick tube section. May pursue further with a Nemesis clone, but it is above my pay grade. :)

NickSteel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2012
Napa, California
Why not just get one of these and put a kick in it? Poldiac Clone 1:1 Mechanical Mod

I will probably be in a group buy for this soon. It is probably the closest thing to what I want.

I was just putting an idea out there for something one could substitute for a kick section on a Nemesis, etc, to have a side button and kick without adding length to the device. Just seems possible, given the grounding pin on a kick. I just like the most compact vw device possible. I use a kicked Nemesis clone with 18350 now. Love the Nemesis, would love a side button. One can dream - just want it all! :2cool:

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfY4hbgdfYQ

From the vendor's web site:

**DO NOT Unscrew the Button Housing and Drop the Battery into the Battery Tube. The Spring in the Bottom Button Cap is Very Stiff and Strong. By Entering the Battery By Dropping it into the Battery Tube and Applying Pressure to the Button Housing in Order to Compress the Battery into the Battery Tube Will Require Pressure To Be Applied Which Can Cause the Threads to Strip

Last edited:

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
Poldiac Clone Mod Falls Apart from vaperoyalty.com - YouTube

**DO NOT Unscrew the Button Housing and Drop the Battery into the Battery Tube. The Spring in the Bottom Button Cap is Very Stiff and Strong. By Entering the Battery By Dropping it into the Battery Tube and Applying Pressure to the Button Housing in Order to Compress the Battery into the Battery Tube Will Require Pressure To Be Applied Which Can Cause the Threads to Strip

Nice catch... I even read that before and was kinda confused as to what it actually was saying... Wouldn't it have been easier for them to start that out with say, Battery should "ONLY" be inserted from the bottom cap, or something to that effect?

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
Poldiac Clone Mod Falls Apart from vaperoyalty.com - YouTube

Kinda tells me the top botton cap threads are not very good......and to adjust a kick inside ya kinda need to take the top button cap off.....thinking repeated removal will quickly eat up the threads.....but that's just my opinion from reading the warning....

NickSteel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2012
Napa, California

bapgood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2012
Utah
So I bored out the head of a sig20 to see about finagling a kick2 in there. Short answer is - No.

I don't see a way to use the spring pins on the kick for a switch.

About the only ways I can see will require some modification to the kick. I have an email into Evolv for some further info.

I think the bored out sig20 head looks cool :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread