kicked SB doesn't fire consistently

Status
Not open for further replies.

dDubs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
Buffalo, NY
My silver bullet has an AW IMR 18490 and the kick, and I get lots of times where it doesn't fire when I press the button. I do not have the kick sleeve- I don't want a black or silver portion of my tube, and I don't want any more joints in the tube than necessary... the part where the top/bottom meet is enough. I like a smooth look, and don't get me wrong, the top and bottom caps of the SB do match up well. When I run my fingers over it its smooth. I do like a tube mod with say a cap on the bottom so the whole tube is one, smooth piece. I am wondering if maybe the kick ground spring is resting in the crack in between the caps and not making solid contact? I can't see through it to see, lol. Anyone else have this happen?

Last edited:

cubfanthad

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2010
Rock Island IL
My silver bullet has an AW IMR 18490 and the kick, and I get lots of times where it doesn't fire when I press the button. I do not have the kick sleeve- I don't want a black or silver portion of my tube, and I don't want any more joints in the tube than necessary... the part where the top/bottom meet is enough. I like a smooth look, and don't get me wrong, the top and bottom caps of the SB do match up well. When I run my fingers over it its smooth. I do like a tube mod with say a cap on the bottom so the whole tube is one, smooth piece. I am wondering if maybe the kick ground spring is resting in the crack in between the caps and not making solid contact? I can't see through it to see, lol. Anyone else have this happen?

Clean the inside of the tube with a little isopropyl and a cotton ball, the gently sand the kick spring (be gentle) and the top and bottom of the hot spring in the bottom of the tube... Worked for me.

Xaiver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2011
Clearwater, MN
I had a similar issue. Two things first of which is this: Is this with fully charged batteries? The kick will shut off around 3.4v under-load, which is to say something around 3.7-3.9v unloaded. Does it fire consistantly with a fresh battery? My kick likes to shut off, and then I wiggle the batter end and it works for a few more vapes.

My issue was that I had a bad 510 connector on my SB. Everything I screwed into it wiggled a little, it wasn't making a firm contact. I contacted Chad and he replaced the connector for me, it works fantasticly now.

doats81

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2012
Omaha, Nebraska
I have had the same issues. I will take a vape and go to take another and there will be nothing. When it does this it is also draining my batteries super fast. Bad enough to get about 5 hour max out of the battery. You can also put a little noalox on the brass ends of the kick and let it sit for a bit and clean it up. Also take a business card and cut a little peice and tape it to the kick. No issues after that and it works great now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread