Status
Not open for further replies.

mgmixology

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2013
Bellevue, NE
www.sirtastyvape.com
got this coming in the mail. Lord only knows when it will show up..but I'm trying to prepare for when it gets here.
$25.29 King Style Mechanical Mod / E-Cigarette Battery Compartment - brass version at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Also got the trident clone to throw on top.
$16.35 Trident 24K Gold Plated Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer(RDA) at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

So can anyone recommend me some batteries with links I can check out?

I want this device for - Dual coils - Quad coils.

mgmixology

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2013
Bellevue, NE
www.sirtastyvape.com

YegamaN

Master Member
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
United States
The lower the resistance in your atty the more amps that are drawn out of the battery. If your battery can't supply the amps needed then it starts getting hot and potentially dangerous. A 4.2V fully charged battery with a 0.2ohm coil will draw 21Amps. This 30amp battery will have you covered!

I (Amps) = Voltage/Resistance

*Please research sub-ohming before even trying to attempt this low of a resistance*

mgmixology

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2013
Bellevue, NE
www.sirtastyvape.com
I should mention I prefer to not order batteries from fasttech o_O lol and someone specified if you were to build a .2 ohm coil those batteries would last 4 and a half minutes, at 5 sec puffs you would get 54 puffs....not saying I am going to be building .2 ohm coils. but simple math would prove a 1 ohm coil multiplies 54 puffs to 270 5 second puffs. Seems kinda shotty as my 800mah itaste lastes me a good day of vaping. all too confusing for me. lol

mgmixology

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2013
Bellevue, NE
www.sirtastyvape.com
my last confusion is the latest video I watched was counter-acting with my current knowledge of dual coils. I've always thought ( and am now confused ) That if you have a 1.5ohm dual coil it is actually 3 ohms. This last video i watched was explaining if you have 2 - 1ohm coils you are cutting your ohms in half...so .5 ohms

YegamaN

Master Member
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
United States
For 1ohm coil I would just go for some higher mAh batteries like some tried and true MNKEs. They will last all day and will supply enough amps to cover you safely.

As for the dual coil; When resistances are added in parallel, the resistances are really halved. So yes 2 - 1 ohm coils combined in parallel will get your 0.5.

1/Resistance1 + 1/Resistance2 = 1/(Ans)

so, 1/1 + 1/1 = 1/(2) or 0.5.

mgmixology

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2013
Bellevue, NE
www.sirtastyvape.com
For 1ohm coil I would just go for some higher mAh batteries like some tried and true MNKEs. They will last all day and will supply enough amps to cover you safely.

As for the dual coil; When resistances are added in parallel, the resistances are really halved. So yes 2 - 1 ohm coils combined in parallel will get your 0.5.

1/Resistance1 + 1/Resistance2 = 1/(Ans)

so, 1/1 + 1/1 = 1/(2) or 0.5.

thus why dual coils drain a battery faster than single coil? I assume.
I've purchased 1.5 ohm dual coil cartos before...the ohm reader read 1.5 ohms...so were there technically (2) 3 ohm coils inside of that thing??

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
Ohm's Law Calculator

AW 1600 mah, I believe are 15 amp, MNKE 1500 mah are 20 amp both can be had at Welcome to RTD Vapor A trusted battery supplier. Sony 30 amp Id buy off of ebay from a seller with good rating. Your buying from a company who makes no bones about selling clones copys and fakes do you really think the worry if they are selling you repackaged batteries?

PS I included a Ohms law calculator no guess work or math errors if you use it.

mgmixology

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2013
Bellevue, NE
www.sirtastyvape.com
Ohm's Law Calculator

AW 1600 mah, I believe are 15 amp, MNKE 1500 mah are 20 amp both can be had at Welcome to RTD Vapor A trusted battery supplier. Sony 30 amp Id buy off of ebay from a seller with good rating. Your buying from a company who makes no bones about selling clones copys and fakes do you really think the worry if they are selling you repackaged batteries?

PS I included a Ohms law calculator no guess work or math errors if you use it.

Thanks for the calc. Im taking your last sentence as a whack at not buying batteries from fasttech. Above I mentioned I dont want to buy batteries from fasttech...coulda been a misinterpretation.

xan13x

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 13, 2013
USA
So this is probably going to be sloppy.
but if (2) 1 ohm coils is .5 ohms
would (4) 1 ohm coils be .25ohms?
And at 3.7 volts .25 ohms is 14.8 amps. So a 20amp battery would be essential?

So, speaking from a decent bit of research and user experience. The best way to go about sub ohm(which many respected folks in the vaping community say is always bad), is probably more of a graduated approach. I would suggest against just grabbing a 20 amp battery and throwing a quad coil .25 ohm set up in something. Regardless of the math or what people say will work, it is dangerous and can either blow up your gear or your face.

I liken it to a mechanic. Sure, I can read a book on how to do things under the hood, but the lack of experience and knowing what means something is going wrong is still there. Whatever your lowest ohms are now, why not just drop to 1.5 or 1 ohm, see how you like it, then maybe go to .8 ohms etc. Grabbing your first unregulated tube and trying to throw a quad coil in it just seems unnecessary.

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
Thanks for the calc. Im taking your last sentence as a whack at not buying batteries from fasttech. Above I mentioned I dont want to buy batteries from fasttech...coulda been a misinterpretation.

;-) guess I should read the thread before I go volunteering info that's not needed hu

xan13x

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 13, 2013
USA
Also, while it may be fun for a minute, sub ohm vaping and multi-coils eat juice and batteries like there's no tomorrow. I don't know about you, but me and everyone I vape with gets tons of vapor and throat hit in the 1.5-2 ohm range. My general rule is that if my Provari can't run the atty, I'm not interested :p

With that said, EA's upcoming mech/regulated device is the coolest looking thing in the world. It's hard to find ready wires above 2.2 ohms, and sometimes a dual coil setup on them will be just a hair under what the Provari likes.... Having the option to bypass the chip is the coolest idea ever!!!

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
You might do some research before you go building quad coils. Ive never herd anyone say they give good performance. I have on the other hand herd plenty of people say theyve got burned from popping juice or hot Drip tips. You can get some pretty nice performance from dual coils. but you have to get the right balance of wick and air in your atty.

mgmixology

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2013
Bellevue, NE
www.sirtastyvape.com
I don't see the appeal. I have built a couple of sub-ohm setups for kicks and to see what all the fuss was about, but IMHO I get a better vape from a 1.6 ohm micro coil with cotton. Maybe I was doing it wrong, but I can live without trying again.
I've never been into sub ohm, nor will i get into it. I have a 1.8ohm micro coil with cotton wick in my protank right now, and a 1.5ohm micro coil in my rebuildable.

My question was in the mere calculations.
If i were to make a quad coil id shoot for .8 ohms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread