The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

KR808-D1 charging oddity

Discussion in 'KR808D-1' started by mobocracy, Apr 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. mobocracy

mobocracy Senior Member ECF Veteran

Oct 21, 2013
    Minneapolis
    Most of the time when I charge my KR808-D1s I get the usual red LED on the USB charging widget and the blue tip lights up while charging. Once in a while, the tip doesn't light up but it seems to charge normally anyway.

I can't seem to tie this to any specific charge state of the device -- ie, I've seen the charger widget LED go from red to the "almost charged" state where it kind of toggles red/green rapidly before turning green, yet the tip LED stays lit the whole time. And when I plug it in discharged to the point where the tip blinks and it won't draw, the tip generally lights.

At first I thought it might be some kind of charge state indicator (ie, less/more than half charged) but there doesn't seem to be any pattern and it's not very frequent. It happens with both my standard and XL batteries.

I don't know exactly what brand they are (bought from MyVaporStore) -- I think Kanger, based on similar products labeled as Kanger on other stores that sell identical looking products (stainless, XL and standard size, blue tip), but that's just a guess given all the cloning in the e-cig product world.

No problems with any of my batteries, they all seem to hold a charge and work well, so I don't think imminent failure is an issue, either.

2. waylonjessi4ever

waylonjessi4ever Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Mar 6, 2011
    Northern California
    Since i dont know what brand they are and if they are autos or manuals i cant really help but maybe clean out your charger and or clean your batteries ...my old 808s did this occasionally ...but still worked :) good luck .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.