KTS firing button heating up quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

xLionHeart1992x

Nov 18, 2013
California
I've had my KTS for awhile now, and it was working fine as normal. Recently though, my firing button has been heating up within 2 seconds before the whole mod heats up. It's gotten bad enough to where I've burnt myself a couple times on it. I use an IGO-W on it and nothing is wrong with my atomizer(it does it with other atomizers as well). I have tried filing my contacts down and cleaning the whole thing, and nothing has worked. I am now using a mod that I'm borrowing from a friend of mine. I want to find a solution for my problem here before the Inland Empire vape Meet in riverside this Sunday. Anyone have suggestions?
gevytese.jpg

Vape It Forward (VIF)

Lunger

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2013
South Florida
I had this happen with my Ehpro Electric Angel clone. In my case it was one of the screws on the negative post of the IGO-W that had become slightly loose with heat. Sometimes your screws on the posts can loosen up a bit when the wire heats up so check these often if you feel heat on your button or if the resistance seems to be jumping around a bit. You can also try washing your entire mod. Use warm water and soap and be gentle with the contacts. Once everything is cleaned up, apply some noalox lube on the threading of the mod and a tiny dab on the firing pin/switch. This helps with conductivity. Theres a post here on ECF describing noalox: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/cloud-9-vaping/170171-noalox-why-we-use-mechanical-mods.html

Don;t know what your exact issue was but it could have been a short, a loose screw in the posts, dirty contacts or threading, oxidization, collapsed spring etc. Also forgot to mention it could have been your battery to. Make sure it can handle the amperage you;re pushing and makesure the battery is not damaged due to age or misuse. Check how much voltage it's retaining off the charger and how fast it's draining. Sometimes as batteries get old the best thing to do is just replace them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread