Lacking flavor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hamr

Dec 2, 2016
Hi i am in a bit of a conundrum I have been lacking flavor for a while now and I'm not sure what the deal is i have a recoil rda with the "flavor bro flavor" cap. and i am on a simple 24g 8 wrap round wire build sitting at .3 ohms and I run it at 80 watts and I am using cotton bacon for wicking and currently vaping some naked amazing mango and I'm just not sure what I can do please help.

Reactions: BrotherBob

CaveFurby

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
I tried something similar with my recoil, and I do use the flavor bro cap.....then I tried simple clapton wire for the build and it made a drastic difference. I also avoid high vg juice as it is usually weaker in flavor, sometimes drastically so. I tend to stick with 60/40 or at the max 70/30. I think this current build is 5 wraps of Clapton on a 2.5mm diameter rod, my ohms sit at .37

Last edited:
Reactions: Hamr

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
Hi i am in a bit of a conundrum I have been lacking flavor for a while now and I'm not sure what the deal is i have a recoil rda with the "flavor bro flavor" cap. and i am on a simple 24g 8 wrap round wire build sitting at .3 ohms and I run it at 80 watts and I am using cotton bacon for wicking and currently vaping some naked amazing mango and I'm just not sure what I can do please help.
Have you been vaping that flavour awhile? If so you may just be used to it and if not maybe it's just not a very strong flavour or at least not for you. Could have vapers fatigue as well (can't taste for awhile) it comes and goes if you chain vape. We all taste things differently too, what's strong for me may be weak to your taste buds.

Hamr

Dec 2, 2016
Have you been vaping that flavour awhile? If so you may just be used to it and if not maybe it's just not a very strong flavour or at least not for you. Could have vapers fatigue as well (can't taste for awhile) it comes and goes if you chain vape. We all taste things differently too, what's strong for me may be weak to your taste buds.
I just started this flavor today and i dont vape super heavy and i always keep very well hydrated.

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
I just started this flavor today and i dont vape super heavy and i always keep very well hydrated.
Yeah, probably just mango is a weak flavour to you then or in general. Could be a bad batch too I've had flavours that were amazing one time then tasted almost unflavoured the next before.

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
I've had vapor fatigue for a long time. About 1 1/2 years ago, I was introduced to Selfie Sunday by 7Daze and it was my ADV since. I stopped vaping selfie sunday for about 1-2 months and till this day I still can't taste it. Everything else seems to be very muted too and/or the flavor goes away very quickly.
Yeah, it's hard to find good flavours that work with our palettes. Right now I can taste green apple and root beer, the rest I only taste in the morning but that could change tomorrow. I find vaping menthol or unflavoured for awhile helps to at least give me a few good puffs of other flavours throughout the day. A really strong flavour will make everything else tasteless I find.

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
What I started doing. I have 4 tanks and 8 flavours. Start your day with the weakest and end with the strongest. When I change wicks once a week I change flavours and change wicks 2 days apart from each other. That way I always have at least 1 fresh new flavour (my green apple) while another, in my case root beer is still strong and the other 2 are weak. In 2 days I probably won't taste root beer and green apple will be weaker but Cherry Cola or whatever I decide to use will be fresh. Hardest part was finding 8 flavours I liked out of 50 or so lol.

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
Wonder if maybe it's just a version 2 or something. Companies have been known to do that without telling you. I'd email them and see what they say, sometimes a flavour they used tested to have to much of something "bad" so they use less to pass safety standards or change suppliers from say Capellas to TFA.

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
I tried something similar with my recoil, and I do use the flavor bro cap.....then I tried simple clapton wire for the build and it made a drastic difference. I also avoid high vg juice as it is usually weaker in flavor, sometimes drastically so. I tend to stick with 60/40 or at the max 70/30. I think this current build is 5 wraps of Clapton on a 2.5mm diameter rod, my ohms sit at .37
^^^^ This!
Pretty much all I vape on is SS Fused Clapton's. Single Clapton is a jump over basic wire and fused is a huge jump. For now until you get Clapton wire you can always try twisted, simple to make and is an improvement over a basic wire build.

90-100% VG has a muted flavor. I prefer around 70/30 max.

Yeah, it's hard to find good flavours that work with our palettes. Right now I can taste green apple and root beer, the rest I only taste in the morning but that could change tomorrow. I find vaping menthol or unflavoured for awhile helps to at least give me a few good puffs of other flavours throughout the day. A really strong flavour will make everything else tasteless I find.

I carry around at least 3 mod's with me most of the time, mostly because I jump around in flavors. I haven't had Vapers Fatigue since. Also drinking coffee does an excellent job of resetting the taste buds.

Reactions: Gramdogg

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Welcome and glad you joined. Might try last known good build with known good juice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread