Landmark new "study" discovers vapers enjoy vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrMA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2013
Seattle area
I think this "study" definitely takes the prize for the year's most blatant insult to the taxpayers' intelligence & wallets. To summarize, some vile clowns in white robes wasted several million in NIH funding to uncover the earth-shattering notion that youth who vape enjoy vaping and those who don't, not so much so.

Elsevier: Article Locator

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
From the study:

Overall, enjoyment was reported more often than was use for quitting smoking; affective reasons likely play a role in the popularity of e-cigs and should be considered in future assessments of e-cig users.

Money for nothing, and your ch.....

Oh wait, the last part doesn't apply.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
I think this "study" definitely takes the prize for the year's most blatant insult to the taxpayers' intelligence & wallets. To summarize, some vile clowns in white robes wasted several million in NIH funding to uncover the earth-shattering notion that youth who vape enjoy vaping and those who don't, not so much so.

Elsevier: Article Locator

Yeah I'd say they win the "DUH! Award" for 2015, hands down. :D

Andria

choochoogranny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2013
chattanooga, tn, usa
Well for Pete sake! "Enjoyment" is what we humans seek every day of our lives. :) DrMA, those "clowns in white robes" were....."enjoying" interviewing less than 500 college students to get their results......Wonder if they found a girlfriend/boyfriend at a frat party while they were at it. :(

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Well yeah, that's WHY it works as a replacement for smoking, because it replaces the ENJOYMENT we used to get from smoking, but without the negative health consequences or the feelings of guilt.

Which is exactly why having so many flavors is such a big part of vaping and cannot be done away with -- I enjoy my strawberry & cream a lot more than I ever enjoyed the taste of tobacco -- that was merely an acquired tolerance, not really "enjoyment." The enjoyment was in the relief of "nic fit" -- as we thought then, but which was probably more of an "MAOI fit." :lol:

Andria

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
The gov't absolutely got their money's worth. They tied evil vaping to "the children", to keep that in the forefront of anti-vaping news.

They, of course, could have studied the idea that those college students might be vaping rather than smoking, and the stunning health benefits from that choice. But, no, that doesn't fit the politics. So we won't go there...

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
The gov't absolutely got their money's worth. They tied evil vaping to "the children", to keep that in the forefront of anti-vaping news.

They, of course, could have studied the idea that those college students might be vaping rather than smoking, and the stunning health benefits from that choice. But, no, that doesn't fit the politics. So we won't go there...

Agree with this, and my cynical side (or realistic side) got this from my reading, the first time. Purpose of study from anti perspective is a) to show a new generation/kids are into vaping and b) to show it isn't smoking cessation that is their reason for using. Thus c) any marketing effort that shows people enjoying vaping needs to be curtailed / forbidden cause it will send the wrong message (according to antis) about what vaping is for (according to their worldview). For them, the reality is d) vaping must never be shown to be something that can be enjoyed. Because e) it must never be seen as for recreational purposes.

F) let the shaming begin (or continue, depending on your understanding of anti agenda)

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Agree with this, and my cynical side (or realistic side) got this from my reading, the first time. Purpose of study from anti perspective is a) to show a new generation/kids are into vaping and b) to show it isn't smoking cessation that is their reason for using. Thus c) any marketing effort that shows people enjoying vaping needs to be curtailed / forbidden cause it will send the wrong message (according to antis) about what vaping is for (according to their worldview). For them, the reality is d) vaping must never be shown to be something that can be enjoyed. Because e) it must never be seen as for recreational purposes.

F) let the shaming begin (or continue, depending on your understanding of anti agenda)

I always wonder if the ANTZ go home and hit themselves with hammers, just for fun.

Andria

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
puritanism_rectangle_decal.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread