Lanyard "adapter" i made for my lavatube..

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcwest

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2012
Pontotoc MS
Basically was pretty simple to make.. went to the hardware store and bought a black cap thing that was thin plastic (But still to thick to make this... Put the lavatube over the piece of plastic and drew the diameter of the lavatube on the piece of plastic.. Cut the un-nessesary stuff off with a dremel tool and took a sanding attachment and thinned the plastic as to not interfere with the connection..

Still got a little ways of sanding and buffing to prefect it.. but this picture shows proof of concept.. I attached it to a nice heavy necklace using the lanyard hardware on a cheep lanyard..(Just cut it off) and slid it down the necklace and attached the lavatube to it via a small hole drilled to accomodate the lanyard connection. What do ya think..

2agjo03.jpg

jcwest

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2012
Pontotoc MS
Well considering ego style tanks wont connect to a lavatube without the 510 to ego adapter.. The air flow is regulated by the adapter not the actual 510 on the lavatube so i noticed zero difference in air flow on 3 different style ego tanks.. Will test with my vivinova and my lava tank and report if there is an air flow difference but i doubt there will be.. I filed it so thin that when i place it over the 510 on the lavatube it actually is recessed below the 510 so id imagine any setup will work.. Will take some more pictures of it off the device and post them here in a bit

jcwest

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2012
Pontotoc MS
but after thinking about it for a minute or 2.. if it does affect airflow (which i dont think it will).. there is no reason a hole or 2 couldnt be drilled into it (Which would be hidden by a larger tank) .. it really was VERY simple to make.. a 15 cent black cap at the hardware store and a dremel and about 10 minutes to make

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread