Status
Not open for further replies.

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
I haven't been doing diy for very long. I finally nailed an adv. I have made at most 50ml at a time, and is pretty good immediately but better after about a week. We'll I decided to do 120ml this time so I wouldn't have to make it as soon. I do use a juice calculator and went back and verified the calculations. But it has been a week and it doesn't taste like the smaller batches. When you do a larger batch does it need to steep longer? The only thing different is the 120 is glass (brown) and the 50's have all been the plastic squeeze type. Could that be the difference?

sketchness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA
Batch size plays a strong role in steep time. Additionally so do the bottles. The ldpe bottles let in microscopic amounts of air. So if you made a 120 with very little empty space in a glass bottle you want to leave the lid off for a couple hours up in the closet. No more than 4 hours at a time. Let it sit for a couple of days and do two more hours. And then let it sit for a week or two. Shake the heck out of it whenever you think about it.

Edit. I make a custard in 400ml batches in an 800ml bottle. Lots of room to shake it

Last edited:

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Give it 2 weeks. 1 week is not enough time. I make my ADV's 240ml at a time and it does need more time. You can also speed that up by seed steeping. Add 10 - 15% of your old steeped mix to the new mix and that will cut the steeping time down by half or more. It is true that plastic bottles steep faster then glass but glass is the better choice as plastic chemicals can leech into the mix over time and you really don't want to vape that. This is expecially true for the glass type hard plastic bottles.

For more on faster methods of steeping read my blog on steeping.

Everything you wanted to know about steeping and then some. | E-Cigarette Forum

Last edited:
Reactions: misswish1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread