Latest on Chantix

Status
Not open for further replies.

kfolse107

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2014
Houma, Louisiana, United States
I did quit using this medication, BUT for me the vivid dreams were intense. I couldn't distinguish what was reality and what was an actual dream.
There's just way to much that goes into getting this medication ex. the dr visit, the cost, the time.

I also quit using Chantix. Guess I was one of the exceptions because all I got was the vivid dreams. Had a little agitation after taking it for about 2 months and realized that I didn't need it anymore. I actually miss the dreams. The medicine made the cigarettes taste nasty and vaping gave me the hand to mouth and the nicotine, so it was a combination that thankfully worked for me. And the dr. visits and medicine were free. Still vaping.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
  • Deleted by sonicdsl
  • Reason: Collateral damage - related to deleted post

caramel

Vaping Master
Dec 23, 2014
  • Deleted by sonicdsl
  • Reason: OT

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Seems to me that the obviously harsh side-effects of Chantix would be a good excuse for another drug. One that could be taken right along with Chantix to counteract any negative effects. Are these folks napping on company time?

Dear Lord... now the Chantix spots will be followed by the anti-psychotics. :facepalm:

Andria

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
There's a drug for everything, when your job is to sell drugs.
The drug regimen my father has been subjected to over the years is disturbing.
Mostly it was a drug to help counteract the other drug.

He kept on getting worse, until I looked into the drugs he was taking and started trying to reduce them instead of increase them.
My only regret is that I did not start sooner on this plan to eliminate what could be eliminated.

Once they put you on something, it seems somewhat rare that they ever take you off it even if you don't need it anymore.
It's a sad situation, but really, it's a bit worse than just a sad situation.

choochoogranny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2013
chattanooga, tn, usa
It's being going on for quite soom time, DC2. Back in the 1980's a book came out about our over drugged senior citizens. Got it and gave to my mother who in turn checked her mother's drugs. Went to grandmothers "heart doc" and he took her off all but two medications. Felt much better after that. More recently we went thru the same thing with FIL. Got to watch different docs for different maladies prescribing medications that conflict with each other. So important to have a list of all drugs no matter what doc you see. :)

LouisLeBeau

Shenaniganery Jedi! Too naughty for Sin Bin
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
never tried the chantix thing. Tried welbutrin about 10 years ago. Meh......Tried the patch but they wouldn't stay lit. Only thing that ever worked was vaping. been around 5 years now.

I don't laugh as easily these days as I once did, but this cracked me up.

I actually had several successes (arguably) using the patch. Once I was good for 5 years without smoking. I found it very effective for quitting, but not staying quit. At least with vaping, which I enjoy far more, if I ever quit, worse case scenario is I go back to vaping.

Last edited:

nomore stinkies

Gee, Who did that?
ECF Veteran
Feb 23, 2014
IL
Well everytime this subject comes up, I have to post this -- it's just so perfect:

lastcig-chantix.jpg

I took Welbutrin I think sometime in 2004, taking it as an antidepressant. It wasn't terribly good at that, but during the month I was taking it, I noticed that I could delay my after-meal cigarettes -- the ones I valued and appreciated most! -- for as much as 30 minutes after a meal. I used to hear some things along the harm reduction line, about trying to delay that smoke, after eating, because the vasoconstrictor effect of nicotine can slow and impede your digestion quite considerably. I thought it was quite interesting that it had that effect on me, even when I had no interest in quitting smoking whatsoever, and was making zero efforts to do so. Not as powerful a deterrent as e-cigs, but still perhaps a valuable tool.

Andria

Andria, Andria That is exactly how I felt when I took that stuff. I am crying I am laughing so hard. OMG Too FUNNY How do I get this picture? I have to have it. I can't even type I'm laughing so hard....Give me this picture...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhA OMG my stomach hurts HAHAHAH

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
That's really the best joke, imo.

Someone should seriously ask the CDC if they count Chantix suicides as 'smoking related deaths'.

I think with the propaganda war, I'm going to start telling people that Chantix kills 480,000 people annually. If that lie works for smokes, it might work for Chantix.

jpargana

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
Portugal
Chantix quits/attempted quits is only marginally better than their suicide/attempted suicide ratio :facepalm:

Well, on those twisted minds, suicides should be added to the overall efectiveness rate of that drug.

Because a dead person has indeed stopped smoking. Permanently, and quickly. All thanks to the "wonder drug". :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread