• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Lavatube V1 Surgery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heavybag

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2012
Hi all, I've been away from ECF for more than a year.

I am posting this thread to seek some help for the more technically experienced vapers here.

My Lavatube got a really bad connection issues. All my tanks screwed on to the device failed to fire even after I cleaned the connection post area. It was actually caused by short circuit.

I notice that the base of the connection post is actually fitted with some kind rubber grommet. Overtime the rubber grommet had worn out.

In order to replace the grommet I pulled out the connection post from the device and this is what I see.

image.jpg image.jpg Right now I am wondering what is the correct type of rubber grommet I should get to replace the damaged one.

I am intending to attempt to solder the connection post back to the red wire before pushing it in. Is there anything I should be wary of? I am not skilled in soldering...:ohmy:

Many thanks!

Last edited:

Bakpau

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2014
The country of bun
Woah...didn't know anyone still owe one of this ancient.
Bro,it's the vape god telling you time to upgrade!!:p

That should be put into a glass display box for the next generation.It was once a really hot item.

Recommend you to get a dna30.I think even the newest version ego twist work better than that lavatube.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Hi guys.

[*edited]

Fixing this Lavatube is the only way I can continue vaping.

And Lavatube used to be really popular.

For worst case scenario maybe I should quit, but I will NOT go back to analogs anymore.
I won't drink their dirty water(analogs) even if they poison my well.

Finding a New Grommet may be Tricky.

Because it Needs to Insolate the Center Post from making Contact with Anything around it. But Doesn't make the Post sit Too High.

Perhaps standard O-Rings would work? Or a Stack of a couple of O-Rings. But you would Probably need to take the Lavatube and the Post to a Hardware Store so you could check what Size O-Rings work best.

Last edited by a moderator:

BladeZ

ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2011
Dortmund, Germany
i'm sorry man i can't help you on the spare parts.. but for the soldering part, there are not much things to note..

so, make sure the + and the - never touch each other when soldering (common sense), but many forget the finishing part.. it should not be left open and put it back as it is.. u need to tape it with electrical tape so it does not conduct electricity to the tube..

for the rubber grommet, i agree with zoidman.. get a couple of right sized O-ring to replace it.. Sometimes u don't need the same spare part to repair a certain gadget.. let ur creativity goes wild, but make sure it's save..

Cheers..

orichi11

Verified Member
Jan 31, 2014
SEA
Hi all, I've been away from ECF for more than a year.

I am posting this thread to seek some help for the more technically experienced vapers here.

My Lavatube got a really bad connection issues. All my tanks screwed on to the device failed to fire even after I cleaned the connection post area. It was actually caused by short circuit.

I notice that the base of the connection post is actually fitted with some kind rubber grommet. Overtime the rubber grommet had worn out.

In order to replace the grommet I pulled out the connection post from the device and this is what I see.

View attachment 355511 View attachment 355518 Right now I am wondering what is the correct type of rubber grommet I should get to replace the damaged one.

I am intending to attempt to solder the connection post back to the red wire before pushing it in. Is there anything I should be wary of? I am not skilled in soldering...:ohmy:

Many thanks!

you can try using the gromet from an atomiser head.
e9u6ydu9.jpg

red dot is full of red tape

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Hi guys, thank you all for the instructions.

I will attempt to insulate the connection post using either multiple stacked O rings or rubber grommet from my old coil heads! And then solder the hardware back when I have the time.

Thank you all very much!

Cool. Let us know How it Works Out.

---

BTW - I'm not a Soldering Expert. In fact, I'm kinda a Rube when it comes to Soldering. But I have found that if you Scuff up the thing you are going to Solder to with some Sandpaper and then Clean it with Rubbing Alcohol that it Generally works Better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread