RDA le magister style rda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elvensilvan

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2016
Nagoya, Japan
today i bought this rda, my first rda to be honest.

i know there are better rda's out there for tasting juices, but this one had about 1 usd starting bid on auction, and i just had to click the bid button without asking for advice first :D

anyway, i was planning to use a single gauge 26 micro nano coil on a cotton pillow for easy wick change for tasting.

is this feasible, or should i use use regular-sized coils instead?

spalife

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 13, 2014
The creators of Le Magister suggest a very specific way to build and wick the atty:

Not so sure how well your suggested build would work, especially with that huge juice well.

Let us know how you like it. Been thinking I needed a nice flavor atty and was considering this one!

It's an unusual wicking style and
back to basics coiling method....
and it works...a nice flavor atty.

It is in constant rotation for me along with Origen Genesis V2 MK II,
both have good juice wells, easy to build and good on flavor.

Reactions: yourgurnard

spalife

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 13, 2014
actually, I was thinking of not using the juice well for tasting, just :
1. drop some juice on the coil and pillow,
2. taste,
3. change pillow
repeat till done

and when i'm not tasting, the regular wick and coil (as shown in that video)

You can do that...like a dripper without a juice well
but do note cotton takes some time to saturate with juice.

yourgurnard

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2015
London
I got one of these from FT...despite being more than happy with My 'gang' of Origens!
It was really cheap & I can build it exactly like I do with the 'gens:- twin vert. 1ohm 26g. coils & S/S rope wicks.
It's not bad! It does n't compare to the 'gens (for Me) 'cos the top cap is much thinner & gets pretty warm....but it gets used!

Reactions: spalife

Elvensilvan

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2016
Nagoya, Japan
so, the rda arrived yesterday and i started by making the recommended coil, and ...

:w00t:

the flavor! :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

everyone at home loved it!! clouds are thin, but dang, the taste just goes boom!

after an hour or so, i tried the nano coil ... and guess what? it worked!!

thing is, the nano and rda just gets too hot just after a few drags

I'll experiment some more this weekend, and post updates

spalife

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 13, 2014
I got one of these from FT...despite being more than happy with My 'gang' of Origens!
It was really cheap & I can build it exactly like I do with the 'gens:- twin vert. 1ohm 26g. coils & S/S rope wicks.
It's not bad! It does n't compare to the 'gens (for Me) 'cos the top cap is much thinner & gets pretty warm....but it gets used!

Interesting Vertical build,
thought that would be difficult because the way the build deck and air flow are designed.

Will try it next.

I build mine single coil SS 316L 28g or 30g ID 3 mm horizontal with
the cotton wick as suggested by the creators.

The flavor and vape density are good and equal to the Origen.

spalife

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 13, 2014
so, the rda arrived yesterday and i started by making the recommended coil, and ...

:w00t:

the flavor! :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

everyone at home loved it!! clouds are thin, but dang, the taste just goes boom!

after an hour or so, i tried the nano coil ... and guess what? it worked!!

thing is, the nano and rda just gets too hot just after a few drags

I'll experiment some more this weekend, and post updates

Nano/Micro/Spaced all coils work well (even Vertical as per @yourgurnard).
Coil position and wicking are important for better flavor and vape density.

The stock drip tip is too short.

I would recommend experimenting with different Drip Tips
to get better flavor and vape experience.

Coil should be as near to the air flow as possble.
Air flow hitting directly in the middle of the coil would give you better results.

yourgurnard

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2015
London
The stock drip tip is too short.

I would recommend experimenting with different Drip Tips
to get better flavor and vape experience.
V. True!
TBH, I only got mine 'cos it was such a bargain! £3.50/$5... Saw the pics on FT & just assumed those semi-circ. wick holes would suit vert. coils & mesh! It's a bit fiddly building tho'!

phanner

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2014
Frederick, MD

JoeBattams

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2012
Northampton- UK
One thing to consider about the SXK version is the center post is very short and limits the thickness of wire you can use, you can see the difference if you compare it to some of the others. I have the SXK, it is pretty good other then this. If you build 26g or smaller it is OK, barely.
Yeah that's true, and the 510 connector is a bit too long! Have to use a plastic spacer so it sits flush. I think on the fasttech page in the discussions someone mentions a suitable screw/ bolt to replace the existing one and make the centre post it a little longer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
This is the version I got as well and it just arrived yesterday afternoon. No odors so I gave it a quick wash and rinse and went to building. The tiny little neg screws are impossible so I replaced them with broader head screws. I'm also using a different trip tip because I don't like the one that came with it at all.

Dual 26 ga. microcoils at .8 ohms for my mech, wicked with cotton, and using the smallest air holes is perfect for my mtl vaping style. Vapor and flavor are on par with my Veritas and it holds even more juice, so I'm a pretty happy camper at the moment.

All in all, I'd say this is the one to get because of the longer center post. Also the two nuts are a different thickness and for any one wanting to use thick coils, they can pair the thinner one with the thinner spare for a hair more space.

Reactions: yourgurnard
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread