The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Prebuilt coils

Discussion in 'RDA' started by UPAxGUNxGRAVE, Feb 3, 2018.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. UPAxGUNxGRAVE

UPAxGUNxGRAVE Full Member

Dec 16, 2016
    I recently bought a squonker recently and I had went and bought coils ( already used ones in the box) but it was a .22 ohms when I had first put the coils in and now they will read up to a .27 or a .26 is that normal for your ohms to go up 0.05 like that or no just wanted to make sure (using capo squonker) combo rda

• Like Like x 1
  2. zoiDman

zoiDman My -0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    A Small amount of Variation is Normal. And a Coil's Resistance will Increase when it gets Hot.

Also, have you checked the Resistance on another Mod? Because I have read that some people say the Capo Squonk's board can give somewhat Funky Results when read Coil Ohms.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. bombastinator

bombastinator Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Yep. It’s normal.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. gpjoe

gpjoe Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 30, 2013
    Motown
    I usually check the screws on my RDAs periodically between coil changes to make sure the terminal screws are tight, especially if the vapor production seems less than normal. Can't tell you how many times I found that the screws had loosened a bit with use.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
  5. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    I now do that two, after spending time dryburning and rewicking something, without checking the leads again before filling it up. That is truly a frustrating experience.

That small a variation is normal, but it's still always good to check your build is still well seated/clamed down. That was a lesson I only needed ONE time.

Anna

• Like Like x 2