Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I recently bought a squonker recently and I had went and bought coils ( already used ones in the box) but it was a .22 ohms when I had first put the coils in and now they will read up to a .27 or a .26 is that normal for your ohms to go up 0.05 like that or no just wanted to make sure (using capo squonker) combo rda

A Small amount of Variation is Normal. And a Coil's Resistance will Increase when it gets Hot.

Also, have you checked the Resistance on another Mod? Because I have read that some people say the Capo Squonk's board can give somewhat Funky Results when read Coil Ohms.

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
I usually check the screws on my RDAs periodically between coil changes to make sure the terminal screws are tight, especially if the vapor production seems less than normal. Can't tell you how many times I found that the screws had loosened a bit with use.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I now do that two, after spending time dryburning and rewicking something, without checking the leads again before filling it up. That is truly a frustrating experience.

That small a variation is normal, but it's still always good to check your build is still well seated/clamed down. That was a lesson I only needed ONE time.

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread