Leaford, What are you doing over CNY?

Status
Not open for further replies.

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
Steve and I had discussed changing my return ticket so I would be home over CNY, but with all the madness the past few weeks we never got around to doing it, so it looks like I'll be here through the end of the month.

We pushed our factories hard, and they were still working right through last night, instead of closing Monday like they had planned, and some of them will be reopening next week to finish the rest of the order, so I probably will be right back to work at least by middle of next week.

And in the meantime, I think Steve has plans for me to start being more active on my blog and the forums. No rest for the wicked, you know! :D

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
Well glad to hear you'll be on the forums more.
So have you eaten anything....ummm different lately?
I ate turtle at a little mountainside restaurant the other day. ;) It was good. Kind of beefy. Not at all fishy, like I had expected. I took a couple pics of the restaurant, but forgot to take a pic of the turtle, either before or after cooking. :lol:

Oh and Leaford I agree with Michelle. I would love to see a video of Mike's reaction when he's sees you again in person!

Actually, he's likely to be bitey and groweley for a couple days after I get home. It takes him a while to get over being mad that I went away. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• IMG_0071.jpg
    IMG_0071.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_0070.jpg
    IMG_0070.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 59

MeMa

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2009
USA
I ate turtle at a little mountainside restaurant the other day. ;) It was good. Kind of beefy. Not at all fishy, like I had expected. I took a couple pics of the restaurant, but forgot to take a pic of the turtle, either before or after cooking. :lol:

Actually, he's likely to be bitey and groweley for a couple days after I get home. It takes him a while to get over being mad that I went away. :rolleyes:

Turtle soup used to be a delicacy here, not sure I would try it though.

Mike will only be bitey and groweley because he loves you and misses you.

You're going back again?

kdcaines

ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2009
Manchester, NH
Turtle! Well that is different:D
Love the little "restaurant" I would love to travel more and explore different cultures. Although, I don't think my stomach would be able to handle the cuisine!
I do enjoy reading your posts and seeing the pictures, it really brings it all to life, for me.
It can get a bit boring over here in the northeast! ;)

leeshor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2009
Norcross, GA

From experience with our Petey Bird I can tell you there is nothing pleasant about a pissy African Gray. Bitey and groweley is probably a pretty good guess but a mild explanation..

impostor71

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2009
Naperville, IL

That restaurant looks like it came out of a 70's kung-fu flick!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread