Status
Not open for further replies.

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
Arre you getting a satisfying vape at 70 watts or is it better at 80 watts, why are you changing. Satisfying vape means good flavor, the temperature is neither too hot nor too cold, volume of vapor is good.

I'll start with your second issue, this is call spitback. It's caused by juice on the coil not being completely vaporized. This can occur when you draw to hard and pull excess juice on to the coil, condensation in the chimney, watts too low not vaporizing the juice, juice too thin flooding the coil although you should hear it gurgling if you are flooding it. The difference between 70 and 80 watts may simply be it's happening at 70 but its not hot enough to feel it.

Leaking occurs for several reasons, most of which lead to a loss of vacuum in the tank and results in juice leaking out of the airflow holes.
1) Bad or crimped o'rings
2) Tank not screwed together tight
3) Coil is loose, not screwed in tight
4) Temperature changes causing the liquid to thin out
5) Pressure changes from changes in altitude
6) Not closing air flow when opening the top of the tank to fill it.
7) Letting a tank sit for extended periods of time and the juice saturating the coil and leaking out the air flow holes
8) Cracked glass
9) Drawing too hard and saturating the coil

Tanks require there to be a vacuum inside to keep the juice from leaking, items 1,2,3,6 & 8 break that vacuum.

I have 5 NRG tanks and none of them leak, in fact I encourage anyone that asks for a tank that is leak resistant to purchase the NRG or the Aspire Revvo.

Search the forums and Youtube you will find tons of info on leaking and spitback

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
Hopefully @Baditude will read your post. He can fill a page with links and info on leaking tanks.

BTW great choices in mod and tank. I carry 2 Revenger X mods both with NRG tanks with me daily wherever I go. At home I like the Geek Vape Aegis Legend, just too big to carry 2 of them in a shirt pocket.

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Arre you getting a satisfying vape at 70 watts or is it better at 80 watts, why are you changing. Satisfying vape means good flavor, the temperature is neither too hot nor too cold, volume of vapor is good.

I'll start with your second issue, this is call spitback. It's caused by juice on the coil not being completely vaporized. This can occur when you draw to hard and pull excess juice on to the coil, condensation in the chimney, watts too low not vaporizing the juice, juice too thin flooding the coil although you should hear it gurgling if you are flooding it. The difference between 70 and 80 watts may simply be it's happening at 70 but its not hot enough to feel it.

Leaking occurs for several reasons, most of which lead to a loss of vacuum in the tank and results in juice leaking out of the airflow holes.
7) Letting a tank sit for extended periods of time and the juice saturating the coil and leaking out the air flow holes
8) Cracked glass

Tanks require there to be a vacuum inside to keep the juice from leaking, items 1,2,3,6 & 8 break that vacuum.

I have 5 NRG tanks and none of them leak, in fact I encourage anyone that asks for a tank that is leak resistant to purchase the NRG or the Aspire Revvo.

Search the forums and Youtube you will find tons of info on leaking and spitback

Also tanks leak because of serial vapers. Once ejuice thins out because you're hitting it too hard, it won't stop leaking until you clean it up.
That should teach me too.

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Um I think the leaking thing is well and truly covered, but as far as 70 watts being great and 80 bad, that's not a bad thing, that means you have found your "sweet" spot for that device/tank./coil/juice combination.

That wattage may ALSO change if you change anything else, different type of coil (even occasionally NEW coil, most of my new coils vape fine at a lower wattage for much of their life, as they break in, I may turn them up a watt or two as they near the end of their useful life, some flavors for whatever reason just seem to "prefer" a slightly different wattage (higher or lower or whatever) so that's the reason a good, thorough priming with EACH and every coil is important, it will help you get to your "sweet spot" each time, which may be different each time, even if only by a watt or two.

Good luck,

Anna

Reactions: Baditude

Roy Chiha

Sep 4, 2018

8) Cracked glass

thanks for your help

Roy Chiha

Sep 4, 2018
Um I think the leaking thing is well and truly covered, but as far as 70 watts being great and 80 bad, that's not a bad thing, that means you have found your "sweet" spot for that device/tank./coil/juice combination.

That wattage may ALSO change if you change anything else, different type of coil (even occasionally NEW coil, most of my new coils vape fine at a lower wattage for much of their life, as they break in, I may turn them up a watt or two as they near the end of their useful life, some flavors for whatever reason just seem to "prefer" a slightly different wattage (higher or lower or whatever) so that's the reason a good, thorough priming with EACH and every coil is important, it will help you get to your "sweet spot" each time, which may be different each time, even if only by a watt or two.

Good luck,

Anna

Thanks a lot :)*

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread