The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Leaking Mod and Stormy's Support tells me it's normal??!

Discussion in 'Stormy's Vapor Cellar' started by srfnmnk, Apr 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. srfnmnk

srfnmnk Full Member Verified Member

Apr 12, 2013
    Tulsa, OK
    I am somewhat new to this world and wanted to purchase an e-cig from Stormy's. I was extremely excited about receiving my new GG Knock Off from SVC. I received it and the juice began leaking all into the battery compartment from the atomizer. I was only dripping a few drips at a time and when I stuck a tank on it, all the juice ran from the tank, through the atomizer into the battery compartment. As you could imagine this was quite a mess.

I turned to Stormy's support who has informed me that this is how they all work and that this is normal operation. When I asked for a refund, I was informed that there are no refunds at Stormy's. I just wanted a mod that doesn't leak and now I'm so fed up with it I almost don't even want to deal with e-cigs...

I was advised from the new member forum to come over here and post this and see if Stormy's still says in this forum that the leaking illustrated in the pictures is normal. Everyone on the new members forum said it's factory defect...What do you guys think? Normal, or defect?

Has anyone else gotten a refund from Stormy's on anything?

Thanks for helping the newb.

image.jpg image2.jpg

2. Euphonious Nonsense

Euphonious Nonsense Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 6, 2013
    Anaheim, CA
    I don't have any experience with that particular mod but that sounds/looks far from normal operation.

3. tiknu

tiknu Full Member

Oct 3, 2012
    kuwait
    from your pictures leaking is from the atty and didnt got into battery house
    check your atty without the mod to see where the problem

4. Euphonious Nonsense

Euphonious Nonsense Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 6, 2013
    Anaheim, CA
    Looks, from the pictures, to me like the atty(/top cap of the mod?) screws directly onto the battery compartment. If so then there most likely is juice in there...

5. srfnmnk

Apr 12, 2013
    Tulsa, OK
    That white delrin is supposed to be a seal. The atomizer sits on the top side and screws in. I could never imagine a design where liquid is meant to get into the battery...right?

6. srfnmnk

Apr 12, 2013
    Tulsa, OK
    Here's another picture that will how hopefully help some people see it...that gold pin on the atomizer side could get wet and that's fine but on the battery side if that pin I would expect it to stay dry. Is that a right assumption? ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21366914971.720467.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21366914985.466670.jpg

7. TroyHoot

TroyHoot Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 14, 2012
    Greenville MS
    are you using the appropriate adapters for your atty and or tank?

Also looking at your other post in other section. The atty you got is not a sealed atty. Its actually made for a bottom feeder. So anything you drip in there is going to go straight down the connection. Unless im mistaken, a sealed adapter would probably solve the issue.

8. CloudBurst

CloudBurst Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Jun 2, 2009
    Georgia, USA
    Just for the record, I told the customer it was the atty leaking, not the mod. :) Also, told him to return it so I could look at it. I'm more than willing to help but need to see it to know what the issue is.

9. srfnmnk

Apr 12, 2013
    Tulsa, OK
    Thanks for your help CloudBurst. I will be shipping this back this week. I really appreciate you understanding here. As for the type of atomizer, I understand what you're saying, but I still just can't understand why, what looks to be like a seal, would be allowing liquid through the pin into the battery compartment. That while washer looking thing should provide a seal...I would think, and keep any excess liquid from entering the battery compartment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.