Leaking Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebee

Dec 16, 2013
United Kingdom
Hey. Recently (as of yesterday evening) got my new X6 - this kit - Advanced Starter Kit - X6 Variable Voltage E-Cigarette - and this is the tank - http://s29.postimg.org/v4ey3co7b/DSC_0135.jpg

now i have been keeping an eye on it as i am paranoid about flooding the battery, seeing as i forked out for it and it's brand new.
i've noticed it's leaking around the part where the bottom of the glass screws on, i've also taken it off and noticed it has leaked underneath too, i've currently got strawberry liquid in there.

anyone got any ideas as to why? i appreciate i'm a noob so this may be a dumb question!

i've got a protank 2 on the way, so also what would people recommend on 'priming' / setting up this tank when it arrives to avoid leaks or problems??? thanks!

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
What's the name of the tank, and what system does it use. It's hard to tell from the pic. It looks sort of like a top coil clearomizer on the inside, but I've not seen a clearo tank like that.

The Protank is pretty simple to fill and use. If assembled and filled correctly, you shouldn't have any issues with leaking. Do a YouTube search for the Protank 2 to see reviews, demos, and maintanance tips.

devauto

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
NoVA
It says it's a T8 on the site.

It looks like a cheap chinese knock off oddy style clone with a t8 long wick coil in it. I don't know any more about it than that, and can't help as I have never used one of these ... I would suggest disassembling it completely, cleaning it, inspecting all the seals, and then reassembling it. My guess is the lower tank seal is not completely set? Purely a guess though. When reassembling, just remember that everything should be snug, not overtightened. Over tightening causes it's own issues and problems ... this might be part of the issue.

Here is a link to something similar, scroll down to see the picture like yours ... 2013 China Manufacturer E-cigarette Mechanical Oddy Ecig - Buy Oddy Ecig,Telescope E-cigarette Telescope Ecig,Mechanical Ecig Mod Product on Alibaba.com

Good luck though!

HTH

Last edited:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Protank will solve all those issues. The only issue you will see with the Protank is occasional gurgling. It's caused by condensation that builds up in the center tube. You can fix it by tightly rolling up the corner of a paper towel and twisting it down into the tube as far as possible to absorb the condensation drops. I have to do that about twice a week, but I live in the humid U.S. Southeast.

Protank is a good product. You might also want to try out the Kanger T3 and the Kanger Evod.

Technohydra

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
Nebraska, USA
Also remember that tanks the get their air from a hole in the center pin can and will leak some when the liquid gets too low. The liquid is held inside by counterpressure, and when the amount of air inthe tank gets too high, the suction can't keep up, and a few drops can leak out the center pin. Just wipe up the leakage and refill to solve, may need to blow out the tanks center tube too.

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy
It an X6, well at least looks like my clone from fasttech.

$6.09 X6-V2 2.5ml Detachable Electronic Cigarette Atomizer at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

I have three of them and really like them. They are just as good as my protanks, but a top coil vape.

Check the little white o-rings around the tube (for splits/cracks/breaks or heck even see if they are there.). There should be one on the top and one on the bottom. I generally have to push them down before screwing the bottom and top caps down as they can get wonky. Just be careful how tight you screw them down.

The cheap clone has horrible o-rings, but mine really never leak and after a rebuild i love them. I can't stand the manufacturer's wick and wire builds, but that is about standard with all the tanks I receive.

Also always check for cracks in the tank itself. I spent days trying to figure out why a carto tank kept leaking. Always figured I made the holes to large on the Boge cart. Finally I noticed there was a hairline crack in it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread