Leaking x2 clearo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stormlark

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2012
Boise
The only time I've gotten a large amount of juice in my mouth from a clearo, it turned out the clear elastic ring had gone missing somehow (the one right below the screws of the mouthpiece). You might want to check on that. I do occasionally get "leaks" on my clearos, but they're probably flooding rather than leaking. I can tap it, shake it, etc, and no liquid comes out, but after vaping for a while, liquid will end up in the air tube and onto the battery. I think it's wicking too fast and delivering too much liquid to the atty, because it only happens when I'm vaping. This sometimes causes small amounts of liquid to get on my lips or in my mouth, but the only time I've gotten a large gulp of it, the plastic ring was missing.

The other possibility is that you've got a bad clearomizer and things aren't lining up correctly for some reason. If the mouth piece doesn't rest against the top of the inside post when it's screwed in, there's a problem. You might be able to use tweezers to pull the plastic cap of the inside post upward to make a better seal, but I'm not sure (I'm still a bit of a newbie myself).

Last edited:

Jimmie48

Apr 2, 2012
Texas
if you vape them upside down like laying on the couch or something you may get a little gulp....happened to me last night and I think its just a product of heating a liquid and making it less viscous and dripping into a little area somewhere....so dont do that. Otherwise make sure your silicone gasket is flat when you put the mouthpiece back on and that the O ring is pushed up even on the mouthpiece.

hippieben

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2012
Sarasota, FL
I never got juice in my mouth with the X2s, but I did get mad drips on the battery. I didn't try to fix it too much since I found the price and muted flavor a sign to try something else. You can try pulling the wicks up to make sure they're fully covering the slots in the center post. You may need to pull the silicon cup off if you don't have a pair of super tweezy tweezers.

Personally, I found the CE3s to be much better, and SI now sells them (yay!).

kico166

ECF Veteran
Seems like after 1 or 2 refills (short wicks) they 'flooded' the batt regularly. Seems like the cap isn't quite PERFECTLY lined up with the inner tube. For a few days I tried popping the inner silicon ring (upside down) from a hard capped carto. The cap fit perfectly into it's ribs! It helped a lot but what a pain getting it back up and out of the way to 'refuel'!

Next tried using the bottom cap of a fresh carto - one that has the tiny plug. Snipped out the plug, snipped off the top - that worked better - thinner. Not being in a perfect circle - it could be refilled w/o removing it.

Rather than toss the side left over from cutting the top off, planning to try using a small paper punch to put in a hole and maybe get 3-4 out of one cover. Don't know how long they will last ... :2c:

ETA: the one longer wick has had a few leaks too. Not as much - but too soon to tell ...

Last edited:

Imagine

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2011
OHIO USA
www.SmokelessImage.com
yes that is very common.
I'm thinking this juice in the mouth thing could be from the vapor condensate in the mouthpiece end of the clearo. My reasoning for this is because once the juice is cleared out from that end, it doesn't happen again until it's been vaped alot. It doesn't seem like a leakage issue because of this.

tgr5m69

Jun 27, 2012
Virginia
I get the sucking in liquid sometimes, what I started doing that seems to help is to make sure that I press the button on the manual before I start to pull. You don't have to do it for long, not even a half second, I just make sure I do press button then pull, rather than start to pull and press the button. I think I was starting to make it wick a little too fast by drawing for a split second without the coil heated up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread