Leaking CBD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Anderson

Jul 12, 2019
Greetings Guys. New Member, and new Vaper. I am vaping CBD. I have the Flint Stick, but wanted to step it up. So I got the Vaporesso Armour Pro with the Baby Tank. Like I said new user. I asked the sales rep about the setting and he said around 45. Well I filled it up and it did real well but would snap and pop often. Later that day I noticed oil pouring down the Body of the Mod from the air hole. I cleaned it up, messed with it and it kept doing it. So I poured the rest of the CBD back in the Bottle. The next day I checked the O-Rings and all the obvious things. I went back to the store, and they said some leaking is normal. I said that this was not Normal.
The Rep swapped out the Coil with a new one they had there. Smok V8 Baby X4 0.15 Ohm Coil, It’s wattage range was 30 w to 70 w.
The preinstalled one was a GT Meshed Coil (0.18Ω).
Anyway it still popped and carried on but not as bad. I lowered the power down to 30. Later that day I noticed oil pouring again. So I Lowered the Power down to 25W. I now get No Popping or Snapping. Good clean pull and much more Pleasurable experience. I researched vaping with CBD and found information that recommends 18 to 25 W. If you’re vaping CBD at a Higher Wattage the Tank Coil Mod will heat up and it will spit out the oil from the air hole. Now at 25. It has not leaked a Bit even on its side. Very Pleased.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Izan

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
@Coyote628, remember that some manufacturers do describe liquid / juice as oil. But we don't know for sure.

Yes @Tim Anderson, the heat produced by the coil will reduce the viscosity or thickness of the liquid used. The GT CCell 0.5 ohm coil may be of some interest to you.
True. But OP was talking about ...oil. and i used the ... instead of the verboten letters describing the oil that the OP obviously had censored from his post

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2012
Alberta, Canada
If you read some literature describing e-liquid as oil, it was most likely a poor translation from Chinese. The use of that term is discouraged.

Welcome! Glad to hear you got it working to your satisfaction.

Leaking is one of the issues that absolutely plagues vaping, often because of poor engineering and design choices in the tanks. Word to the wise: if the equipment you are considering is described in the marketing literature as "leak-resistant", or if the topic is studiously avoided, that is best interpreted as a declaration that it will leak. The ones with the airflow holes below the waterline are particularly leak-prone, as might be expected.

Spitback has more to do with the quality of manufacture of the coil head. When the wicking is not in close contact with the heating surface, gas pockets will form and be released violently, especially at higher wattages.

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: stols001

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2019
pretty confused or i didn't got the mail problem and solution at all, you mention flint kit, also smok so...

all vape devices could fail, also the tanks that have bottom airflow could be a little tricky to understand, some of them kinda leak due condensation there, some v8 and other tanks suffer this problem...

the frenzy kit i had never leaked, is strange to see one leaking, the coils tend to get clogged with liquid sometimes if you left it with liquid without use for a few days...

Regards,

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
It wouldn't really help in this case as it's not the vape juice we use with nic in it. As @TrollDragon pointed out, the low viscosity stuff will not work in standard vape gear well at all, and I never thought anyone used something like a Smok tank, even a baby beast for that, as clouds sure aren't the goal of the vape session.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread